Sharpen up your iceskates, wierdos, hell is freezing over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maxx

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything else on this. The Chicago Cubs are in the World Series.

I wasn't even a gleam in the eye when that happened in 1945.

My late grandmother hadn't yet been conceived when they last won a series in 1908, and she lived to be 100.

I'm not even sure diapers had been invented that long ago.

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I feel obligated to watch the games. If I were an Islamic terrorist.... I bet security will be tight. Even the Almighty seems to be weighing in. The weather for tomorrow and Wednesday nights isn't looking good.

One has to wonder what will happen afterwards if they win.... I'm thinking mass depression and suicides among Cub fans who have no reason to keep living. There has always been a reason to "wait for next year".

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The have the same general manager wizard Theo Epstein who won a championship as GM with Boston. Boston waited 86 years with the curse of the Bambino. This guy is a true baseball genius. A wonderful thing for Chicago if they win it all. I admit I have a kind of perverse wish that they don't. I like the fact that these records exist. It makes you realize how old baseball is.
There are still 6 teams (all expansion teams, the oldest started in 1961) that have never won the series.

M

Maxx

The have the same general manager wizard Theo Epstein who won a championship as GM with Boston. Boston waited 86 years with the curse of the Bambino. This guy is a true baseball genius. A wonderful thing for Chicago if they win it all. I admit I have a kind of perverse wish that they don't. I like the fact that these records exist. It makes you realize how old baseball is.
There are still 6 teams (all expansion teams, the oldest started in 1961) that have never won the series.

It sure looks that way. Or maybe Boston and Chicago were so inept that he saw some easy pickins'. I'd bet money he moves on to one of the other six in a couple years if the Cubs win it this year.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything else on this. The Chicago Cubs are in the World Series.

I wasn't even a gleam in the eye when that happened in 1945.

My late grandmother hadn't yet been conceived when they last won a series in 1908, and she lived to be 100.

I'm not even sure diapers had been invented that long ago.

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I feel obligated to watch the games. If I were an Islamic terrorist.... I bet security will be tight. Even the Almighty seems to be weighing in. The weather for tomorrow and Wednesday nights isn't looking good.

One has to wonder what will happen afterwards if they win.... I'm thinking mass depression and suicides among Cub fans who have no reason to keep living. There has always been a reason to "wait for next year".

I was 6 years old when that happened but really didn't know what baseball was. I was out of cloth diapers by then. I remember listening to them on radio a couple of years later.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think this is going to be a great world series, two teams that haven't won in a long, long time. Like oleman, I can remember when I was a young kid, listening to some great baseball games from the radios pouring out the windows from our neighbors' houses. Summer was a great time to be a little kid, and baseball was a part of that.

Growing up in New Jersey, you'd hear the Yankees, Dodgers and Giants games, and all the teams they were playing. When I was a Cub Scout, we went to a Philly's game. They were playing the Milwaukee Braves and I got to watch the great Hank Aaron hit one out of the park. That's baseball!

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think the should be the first outright exciting series in a long time.

I started rooting for the Indians in the early '70 when the Godless pigs of the A's traded Jackson, Fingers and Hunter.
Cleveland has the worst stat's in all of baseball so I figured they need a prayer because they had none to show.

I know the chant is the teams sucks but the hotdogs are great.

That has changed over the past twenty years, but as soon as they get good, the team has something happen like killing the bull pen off in a boat accident, or have there ace pitcher get his career ended by getting his leg ruined getting stabbed in the butt with a stiletto heal. It was either that or go into a 4 game choke in the ALS series.

SO both teams are going to want to break a long drought, and it should be a 7 game bout.

handsomestallion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My grandparents were 23, 24, 25 and 26 years old, respectively, in 1945. Only the one who was 23 years old is still with us today and that's my maternal grandmother (mother's mother). I know my one great-grandfather was like 55 that year; he died in 1987 and I think my dad told me he was 97 when he died. That means that great-grandfather of mine was 18 the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Probably the one season I will never forget was when I was in Arizona the Diamondbacks had just got their brand new ballpark with the country's first sliding roof it was the Diamondbacks first world series ever since their founding up against the New York Yankees (all my family is from either Danvers or Boston Mass areas so Boo on the yanks GO RED SOX!!!) I was there for every home game as well as the last home game which was also the last game series and the Diamondbacks stomped the Yankees for their first World Series win during their first world series ever. That was an exciting time is the first time I've ever seen a Harrier jet up close Luke Air Force Base actually contracted one to to lower the flag into the stadium the F-16 low altitude flybys just over it with the red white and blue smoke stream

Status
Not open for further replies.