Sharing Experience with Munches

IamtheLorax

Truffula Tree Enthusiast
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I recently learned about this thing called a "Munche". I think would like to eventually go to, or organize one in my area (through a different site, of course).
Meeting people in person through the internet can be risky, even dangerous so I have a few questions for anyone that has ever gone to any ABDL related event.

Was it a fun and positive experience, or a complete disaster?
Did everyone feel safe and welcome during, and after the event?
Did you meet anyone that you are still freinds with?
Would you reccomend doing this kind of thing to anyone?

Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

Reactions: Highlander

PinkDiaperSissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I've only been to one munch, but it was a fantastic experience.

1. It was fun and positive. It was held at a local coffee shop on a weekday evening.
2. I can't speak for everyone, only for myself. I felt very welcome at all times during the event.
3. I certainly met people I wouldn't mind being friends with, but since I've only been to one event, I didn't keep in touch. Many of the people there seemed to be regulars though, and it sounded like the group had many other events.
4. Yes.

IMO, it's important to hold it somewhere public and keep the ABDL thing on the downlow. A munch is a casual get together so people can get to know each other. If I were organizing one, I'd make sure to bring some activities (the organizer for my local group brought coloring books) and to prepare some kind of getting to know each other prompt so everyone at the munch can introduce themselves and talk a bit about their experiences. I'd also be sure to ask people who showed up for feedback, both as the munch is wrapping up, and privately, online, afterwards--the dangers of kink spaces are often that they can attract people who aren't there in good faith, so it's important to build trust in the community so that people can feel comfortable calling out bad behavior when they experience it--in any event, feedback will let you know what worked for people and what can be improved so you're set up for success for the next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed and IamtheLorax

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I have been to several munches in my city, however none of them have been centred around ABDL/littles/age play they were basicall just general fetish munches.

From my experience the first one I went to (found on fetlife) I contacted the main organiser at the time to say I wanted to come but was nervous and was unsure how people would take me as I am ABDL and their response was very welcoming they offered to meet at the bar (where the event is held) a little bit before the event to have a chat and help me settle in.

They also said that while they didn't know of anyone else who came that was into nappies they have had several age players in the past and that pretty much everyone will take me as I am and not care about my choice of underwear, just not to go rubbing it in peoples faces or acting out (as it is a vanilla venue) and i'd be fine.

I turned up on the day met the organiser had a chat, then people started arriving, they introduced me and everyone was really warm and welcoming, asking about me (not just my kinks but what I enjoy outside that) and when I did tell people I am ABDL the response was mostly just "oh nice ok, not my thing but you do you mate".

Most kinksters and fetishists live by the unspoken rule that "your kink is not my kink but that's ok" as long as you are not pushing your interests onto others who are not into it or begging for mummies and daddies to look after you it's generally a good time for all.

After that first event I began going every month to the 3 main munches here for quite a while, all of them good times, often getting invited to afterparties at someones house where much less vanilla activities and conversations could be had.

I and a couple of others have tried a few times to get a munch set up for ABDL's and L/CG around my city as there are actually quite a lot of us round here but the best turnout we had was 4 people 2 of which were good mates anyway. It seems to me that a lot of ABDL folk really want to meet others and say so all the time but when the oportunity comes they get shy or scared or nervous and don't turn up.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Chrissie, Highlander and 1 other person

SparkleAlchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I help run multiple munches, most little/abdl related, but not all.
1.Id say it's been very positive, some more popular than others, but overall I see having a local community of people you can connect to as positive.
2. We try to have a very welcoming environment. If someone proves they aren't safe or acts creepy they get asked not to come back. This happens VERY infrequently. If people come to a number of munches they usually get invited to an after munch hangout at a members house.
3. Most of my current friend group I met through my local community and friends I've made I've even introduced to my more vanilla friends since they've just evolved to become part of my normal friend group.
4. I always recommend reaching out to your local abdl/kink community and if there aren't munches happening to start your own! This can take effort, but it's worth it. I've met so many people I wouldn't have otherwise and had so many cool experiences.

PrinceessAlice

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
i run the local littles munch which has games and activites its still new but have people coming back and some have never been to a munch before

other munches ive been to have been welcoming and happy for me to be little while being respectful of the venue as some are in public spaces the ones in privte rooms have the option to rear something more Little space abdl related and have been there in full abdl space with paci on show ^^

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
There are two munches that I go to. One of them we go on a field trip afterwards and the other one is currently trying to find a more private location so that we don't have to hide any ABDL stuff while we're there. Both munches are pretty relaxed and casual