Share your nappy pro tips!

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Messages
26
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I want your diaper life hacks!

I’ve picked up a few super useful things thanks to some wonderfully supportive people here (whoever figured out using your underwear to help hold the nappy up while you focus on the tapes, i owe you my life) and so I was hoping to pick everyone’s brains to see how much we can come up with.

It can be anything from something you wish you knew when you started wearing, to a new trick you just figured out… Tell us what you’ve learned over the years! Or, on the opposite end, ask for tips if you need them!

Here’s mine, which may be obvious but took me way too long to figure out on my own: Use the pattern on the landing zone as a reference to get a consistent fit every time! It makes changing WAY faster, and that way you can actually make the fit totally even between sides too!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, AJFan2020, Cottontail and 8 others

diaperpatrol

Est. Contributor
Messages
365
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I would say my one diaper hack I have, that I’ve personally never seen anyone do, is putting a diaper pin 🧷 on both bottom tapes. I’ve found that being so small (5’4” and 110lbs) alot of adult diaper companies smallest size is a medium. sometimes size medium diapers are too big on me, (but small is always too small 😩) and my diaper will start to move around and sometimes I even leak because of it.

so I decided one day, a few years ago, to try it, and it works! ☺️🍼 it makes it to where your diaper won’t shuffle and move around, and stays secure!6F38F3A3-84CF-4E2F-830C-21212538994A.jpeg85804A74-C354-4915-B603-0AF3FE96145D.jpeg
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: TigerDL, PlastiBrain, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others

dljonathan

Contributor
Messages
49
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Put the powerder on the diaper.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and jonny77

SmolPupprrito

Est. Contributor
Messages
190
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Fluffiing!!!
Since i discovered about a year ago, my nappies have fit soo much better and alot less leakiies
I always stretch them out, fold lengthways and then scrunch along the padding, then lay it flat, lay down and tape up tight (bottom tapes first then top)
And bestest fit ^.^

Alsoo, i used to only powder the nappy, but now realised powdering my skin and rubbing it in works alot better to avoid nappy rash ^.^ a little powder dusted along the leak guards also helps

Ohs, and keep wipes near by to wipe your fingers before taping up 😅 lost alotta nappies in the past from getting powder on the sticky tabs 😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL, joemama, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others

diaperpatrol

Est. Contributor
Messages
365
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
parcelboy2 said:
Read the rules NO CROTCH SHOTS !
settle down. you’re gonna be ok. 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: Billybatts, Cyprushill427, paddedn7 and 2 others

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,152
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I mainly use an elastic diaper cover or a nylon shaper brief over my diapers and they work like a charm with a pair of tights, it does the job.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, jonny77 and todderhr

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,206
Age
47
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Prefluffing , make sure you take nappies out of the packet at least a week before needing them
 
  • Like
Reactions: SmolPupprrito, Billybatts, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,357
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When standing to put a diaper on I'll fold it in half lengthwise. Now to put powder in it was a challenge till I figured out that if I open the diaper then set it in the bathroom sink bowl it'll keep its form while I put powder on it.
There's more hacks I've learned over my 50yrs of diaper experience I just can't think of them right now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TwoOfBraves, Seasonedcitizen, jonny77 and 3 others

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Messages
773
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I like to wear diapers that I like and feel very comfy and dependable , Plastic back ,4 tape prints or soils colors with a few white ones !!
I use J & J Baby Powders and Lotion . Also have 10 pairs of different color diaper covers .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, jonny77, Jorelaxed and 1 other person

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Messages
55
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
if you need to retape or your diapers don't have a landing zone and you miss the look (like abena m8's) use clear packing tape.
Though for some brands like Abu, the packing tape doesnt stick as well to the tabs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Exodus, Seasonedcitizen, jonny77 and 2 others

CherryPie

Est. Contributor
Messages
33
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Question, as I’m seeing a lot mentioning you do this. But what is the purpose of putting powder inside the diaper? Will that not cause leaks? I’ve always avoided powder for that reason, but now I’m trying to go 24/7 I might start using it if it’s gonna make my life easier and keep the skin healthy.
 

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Messages
205
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
CherryPie said:
Question, as I’m seeing a lot mentioning you do this. But what is the purpose of putting powder inside the diaper? Will that not cause leaks? I’ve always avoided powder for that reason, but now I’m trying to go 24/7 I might start using it if it’s gonna make my life easier and keep the skin healthy.
it makes them feel so soft, but in my experience the pee takes longer to wick at first. It’s like it repels it and in a flood… well… leak.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: SmolPupprrito, Seasonedcitizen, Jorelaxed and 1 other person

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Messages
2,070
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SmolPupprrito said:
Fluffiing!!!
Since i discovered about a year ago, my nappies have fit soo much better and alot less leakiies
I always stretch them out, fold lengthways and then scrunch along the padding, then lay it flat, lay down and tape up tight (bottom tapes first then top)
And bestest fit ^.^

Alsoo, i used to only powder the nappy, but now realised powdering my skin and rubbing it in works alot better to avoid nappy rash ^.^ a little powder dusted along the leak guards also helps

Ohs, and keep wipes near by to wipe your fingers before taping up 😅 lost alotta nappies in the past from getting powder on the sticky tabs 😅
In my experience, there's no need to rub the powder into your skin. Just pour the powder on your skin and seal it away.
 

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Messages
2,070
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
K00paTr00pa said:
if you need to retape or your diapers don't have a landing zone and you miss the look (like abena m8's) use clear packing tape.
Though for some brands like Abu, the packing tape doesnt stick as well to the tabs.
That's why I have duct and gorilla tape handy here. They'll hang on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, todderhr, Jorelaxed and 1 other person

paddedn7

Gothic Gamer Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Messages
67
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I stand against the wall in my bathroom, in front of my mirror so that the diaper is held up and I can see where I'm taping.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, todderhr and Jorelaxed

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Messages
205
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
paddedn7 said:
I stand against the wall in my bathroom, in front of my mirror so that the diaper is held up and I can see where I'm taping.
same
 
  • Like
Reactions: paddedn7 and Seasonedcitizen

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,357
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
paddedn7 said:
I stand against the wall in my bathroom, in front of my mirror so that the diaper is held up and I can see where I'm taping.
Same here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: paddedn7, Seasonedcitizen and todderhr

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,357
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
CherryPie said:
Question, as I’m seeing a lot mentioning you do this. But what is the purpose of putting powder inside the diaper? Will that not cause leaks? I’ve always avoided powder for that reason, but now I’m trying to go 24/7 I might start using it if it’s gonna make my life easier and keep the skin healthy.
I've never had a diaper leak from the use of powder.
Powder not only makes the diaper softer, it enhances the diapering experience.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: SmolPupprrito and todderhr

LittleICme

Est. Contributor
Messages
412
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Especially for us guys...
I fold the front waistband down inside which creates a front leak guard. Even pointing up this almost eliminated 'out the top' leaks when sitting and laying down at nightime.
 
  • Like
Reactions: robdl15, PlastiBrain, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Messages
205
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
LittleICme said:
Especially for us guys...
I fold the front waistband down inside which creates a front leak guard. Even pointing up this almost eliminated 'out the top' leaks when sitting and laying down at nightime.
i’ve done this with the back for similar reasons
 
Top