Several Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Mmmm, ok, so I had a couple of thoughts about the Wiki over the past few days, and put them all together in one topic. So:

1. How formal should each page be?

Whenever I edit I try to make an unbiased view, and attempt to sound professional to some extent. While the information looks good and is grammatically correct and everything, sometimes it seems a bit dry... So should each page be formal (straight up information) or informal (personal examples with comments and such)? I guess it would be possible to blend it, but one general idea would be nice...

2. Does anyone mind if I add some pages not related to *B/DL/whatever-ism?

I'm talking about pages concerning things like Sneakemail or Firefox, which could be useful (for instance if someone wanted to know where to get the Firefox browser, or the benefits of it, etc).

3. Are images allowed?

I've never checked to see if they are or not, but was just wondering if it's possible to post an image on the page (not a link to the image, but the actual image, with a caption and everything).

I guess that's about it. Answers/opinions would be greatly appreciated - with the help of the whole community, this wiki keeps getting awesomer and awesomer!

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
To #1 I'd say yes, stick to the formal wikipedia style articles. They should be unbiased, informative, accurate, and written in the 3rd person (i.e. you shouldn't see "I" or "you"). Anyway, just my thoughts on it.

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur

I'm talking about pages concerning things like Sneakemail or Firefox, which could be useful (for instance if someone wanted to know where to get the Firefox browser, or the benefits of it, etc).
To my understanding, it has to in some way be related to infantilism, because ADISC's wiki is meant to be informative to things regarding the website's purpose; if someone wanted to research something else, they'd just look it up on the normal Wikipedia -- that's what it's there for, after all.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
on the other hand, knowing how to use sneakmail and the security features on firefox can be very helpful to someone who's trying to hide the fact that they browse tb/dl-related websites from family members and such. it's basically just an extention of concealing your stash and wearing diapers without being detected: hiding the stuff you do online is just as important. so there could be a connection there.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well I don't like the way a fair few articles are written, they are written more as personal points of view rather than an unbiased informative article. Alot of articles are written as questions to, should it be that way? I mean for example instead of an aticle called "where do I get diapers" should it be an article called "Getting diapers"?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
1. How formal should each page be?

3. Are images allowed?
  1. I think that the pages in the wiki should be kept as formal as possible. It's an information gathering part of the site, there should not be any foul language, obvious 'points of view' (writing in first person saying "I think the best way to do xyz is abc. sort of thing), and SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ARE IMPORTANT!
  2. Adding pages that are not strictly *BDL is allowed (as far as I know), if said pages relate in some way to *BDL (ie security, or other benefits to the site user).
  3. Images are allowed, you have to upload the images to the wiki and link directly. (I've done this, so you can see an example in the "How to Make a Diaper" article)

Well I don't like the way a fair few articles are written, they are written more as personal points of view rather than an unbiased informative article. Alot of articles are written as questions to, should it be that way? I mean for example instead of an aticle called "where do I get diapers" should it be an article called "Getting diapers"?
I would have to agree with you on this one. Personal points of view should be left at home (or at least in the forum). A wiki is meant to be informative and unbiased (although that's sometimes impossible to do), not a lot of "I think..." and "It's MY opinion that..." That said, I haven't read all of the articles, beyond the ones I've posted myself, since I don't really 'need' this info. I guess I should read them though, since it's possible I could have something to add to them. *ponders this for a later time*

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
(1) Formality :
Good spelling/punctuation/grammar are important.
It is a very good idea to write the articles in the third person, too, but it is better to write something helpful in the first person than to write nothing at all.

(2) It is OK to add pages which are useful to ABDLs, even if those pages are not obviously related.
Examples :
* Firefox for browser privacy
* Truecrypt for hard disk privacy
* Tinyurl for posting links to forums
* Gmail for sending mail without revealing your IP
* Sneakemail for email privacy
... etc - though these things should probably go in the computer privacy article.

(3) Images
Images are allowed. Use the "Upload" link on the wiki's left hand sidebar to upload an image. You can then link to that image in an article, just as ayanna did. Look at her article's text (using the edit button) to find out how she did it.

Feel free to edit the 'Editing Help' page to include this information in a clean way.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
(1) Formality :
Good spelling/punctuation/grammar are important.
It is a very good idea to write the articles in the third person, too, but it is better to write something helpful in the first person than to write nothing at all.
Also, it is normal wiki process to copy edit articles to make them better. So, those of you out there with a better grasp on the language and grammar here's your chance to shine :). Please don't be offended if someone copy edits your work.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hm, indeed. That is better suited as an "external link" rather than ripping text without permission.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
IMHO, the Tena article (as with all diaper companies) should concentrate on more relevant information, like :
* What diapers they sell
* How good the diapers are
* where the diapers can be bought

Or... better yet, merge it into the "where do I get diapers?" article.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Um, that's a bit of a coinicidence... if I have the times right. I'm not sure exactly when you posted, but I went and edited the Tena article right after I posted my earlier post (my second on this thread, I believe). Are you talking about my version? Look at the intro part. I tried to summarize it without making it sound too much like an advertisement. I also used Wikipedia a bit to add a lot of their diapers, while catagorizing them as well, but it is documented as a source (click on the numbered hyperlink) There are also external links (I think I labeled them "Related Links") to the Tena website.

So how'd I do, :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:?

Status
Not open for further replies.