Setting up my bed for unlimited wettings (Are these products a good start?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica2003

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you don't know about my previous posts. But encase you don't let me explain. Last time I tried to improve diaper leaking while in bed. But I just wet to much. I usually wet the bed at least twice per week. Up to five times some weeks. But I wet as many times as I need during the night. And in the morning I like to relax a little. Eyes closed on my pillow and empty one last time.

It's always on purpose so I'm always awake when I do it. I do use diapers sometimes. And sometimes I go to bed without a diaper and still wet on purpose. I am thinking about giving up on diapers for bed wetting. I won't stop using diapers during the day but it's pointless at night. They almost always leak as I over wet.

I have used various forms of bed wetting protection. I have not tried disposable bed pads before recently. But in my opinion they are the last line of defense anyhow.

Whatever product I toss on my bed within weeks or months it's always leaking. And we are talking two months max. I have rarely used two layers of protection and that's what I assume is the answer. Use two or even more layers so the mattress is safe if one or even both leak a little.

My Bed-
I have a Full/Double Size Bed. It's at least 9-10 inch deep. Full mattress zipped enclosures are to hard for me to use. I'm not big enough to lift my mattress. I have tried them but they break just as quickly as fitted protectors for me. Here is what I'm currently using on my bed. I have been using this setup for only three days now. I just bought the stuff. I can spend a lot of money if needed. But I can't replace my mattress that is to much money. So if you can recommend any changes or direct products let me know and provide the product name or link etc.

Top Layer:Rajlinen Luxury Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector White Solid Breathable Waterproof Membrane - Probably not the highest quality sheet. But it's conferable. Even if it may leak a little I hope the Vinyl sheet under it continues to hold up.

Middle Layer: The Allergy Store Fitted Vinyl Mattress Cover, 6 Gauge, 16"- I heard if you go for Vinyl you should go for 6 Gauge instead of 3 Gauge. I could not find any higher than 6 gauge.

Bottom Layer: Formedica Polymer Single Use Disposable Underpad - Like I mentioned this is my first time using these. I put four on my bed and they over lap a tiny bit near the center. There main purpose is to catch moister and drops lets if there is a small leak. And if the leak is a little bigger they can soak up enough to help the mattress a little. But if these pads get wet with more than a couple drops it means I need to replace one or both of the top two layers.

I read online reviews and some pads are very low absorbent. Some are very high.

These are middle ground. I did something a little daring after buying these at Walmart. I stopped off at a coffee shop. Locked myself in the restroom. Tore open the package. Tossed one on the floor. Squatted and peed on it a bit. Checked a minute later and it was holding up. Most of the pad was still dry. No leak-though.

So I finished peeing on it. I knew I did not have to go that much. It defiantly won't stop a wetting itself. But I soaked it a fair bit. Waited four to five minutes. The wetness spread to the end of the pad but not onto the floor. And nothing leaked though. They can absorb at least twice as much as I figured when I bought them. So I'm happy. It was a little daring trying that but I was bored. Could have easily done it at home but less fun that way. Haha

Finally the Mattress.

What products do you use? What else do you suggest? I can add another full protection layer but if so what product? And what position do I add it to? Just so you know in rare cases I pee my bed enough that the puddle or wetness raises up past my breasts and my collar bone and even neck get wet. But that was kind of on purpose.

P.S. Thanks for any help in advance. I'm glad I can wet again. It's been about a month or more without any bed wetting because my previous protection was damaged.

Jonnythepony

Padded Incon Pony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If you don't know about my previous posts. But encase you don't let me explain. Last time I tried to improve diaper leaking while in bed. But I just wet to much. I usually wet the bed at least twice per week. Up to five times some weeks. But I wet as many times as I need during the night. And in the morning I like to relax a little. Eyes closed on my pillow and empty one last time.

It's always on purpose so I'm always awake when I do it. I do use diapers sometimes. And sometimes I go to bed without a diaper and still wet on purpose. I am thinking about giving up on diapers for bed wetting. I won't stop using diapers during the day but it's pointless at night. They almost always leak as I over wet.

Whatever product I toss on my bed within weeks or months it's always leaking. And we are talking two months max. I have rarely used two layers of protection and that's what I assume is the answer. Use two or even more layers so the mattress is safe if one or even both leak a little.

earlier in life I had limited choice as I had to secretly get and hide my diapers. Those lower end brands really don't do any justice. But basically TENA's work fine. And Albena's are even better but I don't feel safe wearing them in public because they are bigger. But this subject is mainly about bed wetting not public use.

Wait, so what kind of diaper are you using for daytime and what diaper were you using at night now?
In an earlier post you stated you used TENA and Abena diapers, both ok for day time but the Abena I know for sure is ok for day and sorta almost ok night time. Tena wouldn't be good for night time I'd think, more a stealthy daytime diaper.(the ones I've tried anyway)

And you also stated in an earlier post you lay on your stomach and thought that might be an issue. It is, but a more hardcore diaper and some boosters placed across the front inside of your diaper should manage your voiding a lot better than just a lone, unboosted Tena or Abena.

And I'm sorry but this is something that confuses me. Are you saying that you just prefer wetting the bed protector instead of upping the quality of diaper and adding boosters?
Since your profile says you're based in Canada I'm not sure what you can get up there.
But since you can get Abena(I assume the maximum "4" absorbency) you could get the Abena Maxi boosters to go with.
And you've stated you're in Canada I also assume you have better access to Rears diapers, the Inspire+ Incontrol(not the regular Inspire) I hear is really decent with plenty of padding.
But, if you can get them the BetterDry diapers are some of the most absorbent and decently priced diapers available right now. The samples I got were seriously absorbent and held a ton, definitely a good step up from just base Tena and Abena diapers.

You said in one of your earlier posts that you spent $250 on a bed protector at one point and purchase cheaper protectors as well every few weeks.
It seems like the the mattress protectors you're using and abusing are not for full soakings like you're putting them through.
Like a diaper cover, most of them aren't meant to be a total flood holder. They're there just to help manage and deal with some minor leaks and manage odors, not to act as a second diaper.
The diaper is there to be the diaper, the cover is there to be a cover.
Please just pick up some better poof and boosters and try them out for bedtime and give your mattress a better chance >u<

Erica2003

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks yes I forgot the name of some diapers I have used. But TENA and Albena are what I use now. Albena are better but eventually look. I have never used a diaper cover or booster? Boosters go inside right? I don't see much of that helping to much. A diaper cover may help the most. But I'm afraid of it getting full of urine and burning my skin.

But if you know of any better covers for the bed that's what I absolutely need. I can't really find anything? 6 gauge vinyl is good. And that should stop anything until it gets a small hole or something. But if you know of any better or longer term let me know? I would love like a super thick rubber or some other material cover. I heard they can exist but I can't find examples. Even on U.S Sites I can't find examples. I heard each have draw backs. Rubber smells and does not last to long. Plastic is noisy. Vinyl is one of the best? But this is just what I read not what I have tried. Well I have tried Vinyl multiple times. I don't think I have ever used 6 gauge before when it comes to Vinyl. But I will let you know how it handles over the next month or more. As for diapers I will take recommendations however even if I get better diapers. I still like to wet sometimes without them at all. So I need the best possible bed protection! One day maybe I will buy a water bed. lol

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a full double also. I only had to stand it up (lift one end) and pull the vinyl mattress protector down it. Then I lift the other end slightly to work the final zippered area around the bottom and zip it close. DONE. My mattress protector has lasted well over 10 years. I would like to find some colors / prints - sport themes if I could. When I go to hotels I just lay it on top of the mattress (yes it travels with me!) and then the hotel sheet over that. I do not have many leaks but the few I have had make me glad I have the mattress cover protector!

Erica2003

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Jockman what type of protector do you use? Zippered Vinyl by the sounds of it. Do you remember any other details or the cost? Thanks it may help a lot.

Jonnythepony

Padded Incon Pony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Thanks yes I forgot the name of some diapers I have used. But TENA and Albena are what I use now. Albena are better but eventually look. I have never used a diaper cover or booster? Boosters go inside right? I don't see much of that helping to much. A diaper cover may help the most. But I'm afraid of it getting full of urine and burning my skin.

I've been using Abena(not albena I'm pretty sure, I don't know where you're getting the L >u<) for years, and can say they manage pretty good even for me paired with a Abena Maxi booster.

Booster pads go on the inside of the diaper along the middle or can also be folded in half along the front or back and can effectively increase the absorbency and wicking. They can be adjusted towards the front more to accommodate front sleepers like you or guys who might need more up front surge protection.
Been using Abena Maxi boosters for a good while at night with my Abena M4s and they do definitely help.

There's a few different kinds and brands of booster, some wick wetness better, some wick ok and swell some and some swell a lot for a more bulky, squishy feeling :p

And I cannot see the downside of you getting a diaper cover. I don't see how it would fill with urine and burn you. That seems bizarre unless it's like a really bad, weird off brand cover with weird plastic or you have violently sensitive skin.
From a past post of yours again, it sounded like you stay well hydrated to wet your stuff, so I really don't think you can get any kind of rash from just pee unless you're really, really dehydrated and have that super yellow urine and staying in it for way, way too long(like 24hour+ kind of times).
I rarely have rashes that are directly from just a wet diaper, it's usually always the mess that causes a rash so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I would think rolling around in your urine soaked sheets would be more of a rash risk than just wearing a good diaper with a cover!

If you're scared of something like rashes, even though there's a very good chance it wont happen and it'll help keep your bed safer and probably dryer, and you're not willing to at least try it, how will you know if you would get a rash or if it would help getting a diaper cover, some better diapers and maybe try some boosters?

Get your mattress covers, but please don't dismiss diapers as not working. They do work and there's plenty of different options to help get the perfect one.
Cause the more I hear, it sounds more and more like you just prefer buying bed protectors and sleeping on a urine soaked bed and risking your mattress :dunno:

CuddleWoozle

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Cause the more I hear, it sounds more and more like you just prefer buying bed protectors and sleeping on a urine soaked bed and risking your mattress :dunno:

That's pretty much what I'm getting undertones of. :\ That you actually LIKE leaking and wetting the bed, which is fine, it's your bed and I don't gotta sleep in it, but why worry about whether the diapers are enough?

Erica2003

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't really like or dislike the diaper leaking. But sometimes I enjoy wetting without a diaper because it's a lot of fun. By sometimes I mean at least 33% of the time. So yes that's exactly what I am trying to say. I just wish the mattress could never get wet. I need the best possible solutions, products and setup to avoid getting the mattress wet without wearing diapers.

And the chances of getting a rash are low. I have gotten rashes though. I don't use any cream or powder and never will. So if I am in wet clothing, bed for hours it sometimes happens. But rubber or plastic pants are probably not that bad. In fact they could be okay. I never said I don't want to try them. But that's besides the point because I sometimes wet without diapers. This thread I made is mainly about bed protection.

CuddleWoozle

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I don't really like or dislike the diaper leaking. But sometimes I enjoy wetting without a diaper because it's a lot of fun. By sometimes I mean at least 33% of the time. So yes that's exactly what I am trying to say. I just wish the mattress could never get wet. I need the best possible solutions, products and setup to avoid getting the mattress wet without wearing diapers.

And the chances of getting a rash are low. I have gotten rashes though. I don't use any cream or powder and never will. So if I am in wet clothing, bed for hours it sometimes happens. But rubber or plastic pants are probably not that bad. In fact they could be okay. I never said I don't want to try them. But that's besides the point because I sometimes wet without diapers. This thread I made is mainly about bed protection.

I can't really think of anything you haven't already done then. Unless you could just like...Flexseal your entire mattress. XD (That being said, don't do that. I doubt it would be very comfortable although I have seen where people used it to coat a leaky air mattress and repair it.)

Erica2003

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't really think of anything you haven't already done then. Unless you could just like...Flexseal your entire mattress. XD (That being said, don't do that. I doubt it would be very comfortable although I have seen where people used it to coat a leaky air mattress and repair it.)

Interesting but yes I think I will pass. haha Thanks.

Everyone reading this don't get me wrong. I am always going to try to continue to use diapers in bed as well. But to me I like diapers while out of bed more. So when I am inside my house or in public diapers are the way to go. For me bedwetting can be done without diapers. But one reason I do like diapers in bed is because I can soil when I am in the mood to soil. Sometimes even if I need to go #2 I hold it and only wet. But with a diaper it's my choice if I go #2 in while in bed. If I really feel like doing something bad and misbehaving myself I do on rare occasion go #2 in bed without my diaper on. But only in the morning when I am about to get out of my bed and start cleaning right away. With diapers I can go #1 and #2 at any point in the night and sleep to morning. I'm going to look into a diaper cover soon. Or plastic pants. I don't know the difference. If I need help I will read other peoples threads etc. And ask if I am still in need of help.

Last edited:

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Jockman what type of protector do you use? Zippered Vinyl by the sounds of it. Do you remember any other details or the cost? Thanks it may help a lot.

Erica2003, I bought mine at Walmart many years ago and it is zippered vinyl. Gets a bit warm in the summer if I sleep at an old school motel while traveling (and leave the windows opened) and the air temp is about 68F or higher. However the modern hotels do not let you open the window so generally the AC is going strong and then I do not have the warmth factor challenge. In winter my vinyl mattress cover is great! I like it a lot because this is what I had on my bed growing up until around 11 / 12 years old (and then went I went to college all the dorm mattresses had the plastic covering - thank goodness!).

Status
Not open for further replies.