Suggestion Separate Forum, call it "Red Alert" or something for when people get caught, stashes get discovered, 'crisis' situations and tips/advice on discretion

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Separate Forum, call it "Red Alert" or something for when people get caught, stashes get discovered, 'crisis' situations and tips/advice on discretion

It seems like at least every week there is a new thread in Diaper Talk by someone wanting support/advice after their stash is found or they're caught/discovered wearing diapers by people whom they do not want knowing about this particular area of their lives. I don't have a problem with people making threads like these, but it seems they would be better suited to a separate forum for discussion about what to do after you've been caught wearing or your stash has been discovered. Can we keep the talk in Diaper Talk about diapers and less about these perpetual crisis situations that people find themselves in when they're outed to family or their stash is found by someone who shouldn't have found it?

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I don't see that those threads are overwhelming the other threads or getting lost in the shuffle, which is the typical reason for sequestering things off in another space. Another legitimate reason I can think of for subforums is the more speculative, "if you build it, they will come" sort of thing, which is what happened with the Sissy / Girls subforum. However, in this case, we have a steady but low frequency of these threads as people tend to screw up over time. In short, it seems fine to as it is.

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
There are like 6 threads on the first page alone, it's getting kind of ridiculous imo.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
There are like 6 threads on the first page alone, it's getting kind of ridiculous imo.

Higher than usual. The frequency goes up and down. If I was going to make a case for sequestering a certain kind of diaper thread, I'd love to have anything with pull-ups off in its own land so I could ignore them but it's just all part of the soup and I can pass over the threads I don't enjoy.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
it's a bit too late to give advice by the time they post :smartass:

and, often, you have to think as to whether or not it's good that they have been 'caught'? (i'm not one for the careless promoting or encouraging of our behaviours and/or sub-culture)

rennecfox

I'm done...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't think those types of threads need encouraging let alone their own space, but thats just me

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
They need to vent and I enjoy helping them out, I enjoy helping people discuss who they are! This is the only place they have for most of us! You just can't turn around to your grandma and say "this may be a bit wrong timing to tell you but I like diapers and pacifiers and my mom and dad has found my stuff and I am scared!" That will make matters worse!

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private

Exactly, that's probably what annoys me the most about these threads. They're useless because there's nothing you can do at that point. Why not instead focus on discretion and come up with a plan beforehand of what you'll do or say if your stash is discovered? I for instance only buy white, non-printed diapers so that if they are discovered I can pass them off as something I've been using for a re-occurrence of bedwetting and not elicit suspicion that they're fetish related. All it takes is a little planning and common sense. I'd like to see more proactive threads discussing things like hiding locations, discretion, and plans for what to do or say in the (hopefully) unlikely even that your stash is ever discovered.

I don't think those types of threads need encouraging let alone their own space, but thats just me

I don't either, but maybe by creating a separate forum or a sticky thread we can shift the conversation to more proactive, useful topics. Call it "Stash Security". :lol:

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy

With that in mind, I'll make a larger request: There should be a self-serve merit badge system on ADISC where members can optionally select any of a set of predetermined badges to be displayed on their profiles--all colorful and flashy and stuff. Whee!! "Caught" would be one, with a long series of selectable endorsements like "By My Mom", "By My Spouse", "By My Girlfriend", "By My Roommate", "While Wearing", "Because Of The Bulge", "Because Of The Waddle", "Because Of The Smell", etc. And then, of course, we'd have the "Used My Diaper In Public" badge, with endorsements like "Wet", "Messy", "And I Leaked, Too!", "And Somebody Noticed, Too!", etc. You know, this could go on and on. It's perfect! Who's with me?!

(long, awkward silence)

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
With that in mind, I'll make a larger request: There should be a self-serve merit badge system on ADISC where members can optionally select any of a set of predetermined badges to be displayed on their profiles--all colorful and flashy and stuff. Whee!! "Caught" would be one, with a long series of selectable endorsements like "By My Mom", "By My Spouse", "By My Girlfriend", "By My Roommate", "While Wearing", "Because Of The Bulge", "Because Of The Waddle", "Because Of The Smell", etc. And then, of course, we'd have the "Used My Diaper In Public" badge, with endorsements like "Wet", "Messy", "And I Leaked, Too!", "And Somebody Noticed, Too!", etc. You know, this could go on and on. It's perfect! Who's with me?!

(long, awkward silence)

You know, for an RP forum, that would actually be pretty useful. You could have characters set all those different statuses as stuff happened in their gameplay :smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.