Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
So what's your self-esteem level? Just curious, is all.

When I was younger, I had -terrible- self-esteem. I think because of the abuse I got from my mom, as well as peers. I was always the fat kid, the one with hardly any money, the one who's mom didn't stick up for them, nothing. So, I turned into the class-clown, even if people were laughing -at- me they were still laughing, so I accepted it.

Didn't really change until about Grade 8 or 9. Grade 8 for some odd reason I was insanely popular. Grade 9 I made a whole bunch of new friends at my new school.

Now I have very, very high self-esteem. I don't know, and can't even tell you how it got to the level it's at now, but I really do enjoy myself. I don't have many insecurities at all.

So now lets talk about you! :D

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have suffered from depression basically my whole life. I was the victim of bullying in my younger years, and due to an unfortunate family situation, I feel my social skills were not developed as they should have been.

Nowadays, my depression is not constant, but comes in very, very severe waves. My social skills are noticeably behind. I do make friends, but maybe just not the ones I would prefer. I tend to be clinged on by some, and ignored by others.

My self esteem, I can tell, is below average, but my coping skills regarding my depression have improved greatly. I have unfortunately had three fallings out with people over the past half year. It was uneasy, it was saddening, and it made me question my worth. But I've also come to realize not to expect friendships to last 20 years, and not to expect to get along with those I would like to.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Lower than non existant. I don't want to talk about it. I have a nice pic tho

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Great picture! And if you see yourself like that, it can be a nice burst of self-affirmation.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
and due to an unfortunate family situation, I feel my social skills were not developed as they should have been.
Odd that you mention that, I was actually the complete opposite. My mom tried to over-develop my skills in a way. She'd always talk about how her and her friends did this, how many friends she had, etc etc... To the point where I would take my walk home from school to make up some story that made me look like I had oodles of friends. I'd say I was going to the park with a group of girls, but I would only go with my best friend, stuff like that.

Role
Private
I'm pretty average I guess.

There's a few things I find really hurtful, but mostly I'm happy with how I am. :D

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Higher than it was when I was a boy :3
So..like..average, at least XD

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Maybe it's arrogant or conceited, but I consider my self-esteem to be pretty high. It's not too high for me to be reckless with it, but I'm easily able to be proud of my own accomplishments and of the lot I've been handed in life.

When you've got a good family, good friends, a roof over your head, and a few bucks in your pocket, what is there to be down about?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Used to be totally non existent but now it's just lower then average I'd say.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
At times I have no self esteem at all, at best I'm below average.

The lack of self esteem probably came from years of bullying in primary school (First school, age 4 to 10).
And even now I feel like people view me as some lower form of being, like I'm not even a real person... just some thing.

I think I'm a bit too needy, I always need people to say something nice about me otherwise I get all sad and emotional.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Well for what it's worth: you're really respected here (at least by me).

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
My self-esteem varies I guess. It's situational at times, but never any higher than "Below average." I'm afraid.
I've got extremely poor social skills in the first place, to go alongside that, I speak with a stutter. I can not even convey a message fluent in my own language, when it's at it worst. Another factor that keeps me reserved and introverted.
To top it of, I'm not really that intelligent, booksmart, or practical. (And I'm not afraid to admit it, damn it!)

The one thing I do draw som confidence from is that I like to read alot of books and reading material that most of my peers my age haven't even thought about. Which I think gives me a broader perspective in discussions and essays. And this is coming from someone who had problems learning how to read and write in the first place. :eek:ldguy:

...I always need people to say something nice about me otherwise I get all sad and emotional.
You're awsome Charlie! Honest. :smile1:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Titus and Charlie and Martin,

It's surprising to see that you've outlooks such as these about yourselves. Since I've been a member of these boards, you three have always had views that I greatly respect and look up to. You guys have always been quick and keen to help and seem to always have the heart to give good advice and sound suggestions.

Remember to always be proud of yourself, your interests, and your endeavors -- sometimes, your best friend and keenest advocate can be yourself!

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Rance, thank you for your reply!
I greatly appreciate your kind words, and it means allot coming from you, yourself. : )
The respect, I assure you, is mutual in every aspect and degree.

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
wow, where do i start this one?
ok so when i was younger i basically had alot of self esteem and then a couple of years after we settled in to our new house our family was drifting apart and that put me at a real low. i basically had no self esteem and i was vary suicidal at that time. that lasted for about 2 years and then with the help of my eighth grade graduation and a couple of my most unexpected classmates becoming friends. now i really dont care too much i do still have family problems but theres really nothing i can do becasue i will be 18 before i can even get a court date.
i really dont have any self esteem issues any more i really dont care what people think about me cuz most people in the us are dumb and ignorant so it really dont affect me anymore.

ps yes i know that last comment was a little un called for but my opinion and something i meant, and if your one of those people (hopefully no one here is one of those people) then im sorry

NOT!!!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
I think it has to do with the fact that I was bullied relentlessly over the course of About 5 years to the point that I have a lot of repressed memories.

Thanks Rance though it means something for me to hear that from you. Same goes from me towards you.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I know, I'm not a dweeb,
I'm just a sucker with no self esteem!

-The Offspring.

Actually, I don't completely lack it, but it's average. It can also vary on my mood, but 99% of the time it's a balance.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I'll admit that I have pretty low self-esteem these days. My confidence is shot from being shot down over time by friends, school, and other fun stuff. I know that I'm an intelligent person, not half bad looking, and am decent at some stuff - but I can never get past the retarded things I've done or said, or stop putting myself down.

I have moods where sometimes I'll be optimistic, other times where I'm pretty pessimistic. It's all messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.