Self Editing Polls & Thread Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
As the title of this topic states, is there any way rights can be given the OP to self edit his or her poll and/or thread title if changes would like to be made? Sometimes more poll options are thought of shortly after the initial posting, or you feel the subject line could have been more clear. It would be nice if you could do this as easily as editing your individual posts, within the same time limit of course.

~Pramrider

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As the title of this topic states, is there any way rights can be given the OP to self edit his or her poll and/or thread title if changes would like to be made? Sometimes more poll options are thought of shortly after the initial posting, or you feel the subject line could have been more clear. It would be nice if you could do this as easily as editing your individual posts, within the same time limit of course.

~Pramrider
Yes, I agree. I have sometimes made polls that i have wanted to change
like What Is Your Favorite Color or some of my other threads.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I agree, most forums support this and I'm surprised that it's not allowed on ADISC.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I know I can edit my thread title...I think...So I don't know if only VIP's can or what

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I can edit my thread title too, but after a certian time you aren't able to, you can't even ediit the post.

What I'd like to see, pertaining to editing, is the ability to edit posts in the story section for an unlimited amount of time.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Editing a poll I think will reset the poll though (all data is deleted)

Sounds like a good idea.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I know I can edit my thread title...I think...So I don't know if only VIP's can or what
I can edit my thread title too, but after a certian time you aren't able to...
Pojo or Mandi, please let me know how it's done. I'm thinking it must be via the Advanced Edit button. This computer, on loan from the company I do contract work for, doesn't like the post edit buttons very much and sometimes everything locks up when I try to use either one. It presently uses MSN for a browser. They have so many controls and locks on this thing, I can't even download another browser to use. I'll have to try it on another computer in our house having Mozilla FireFox (I think that's what it's called) if that's where the thread title is edited. Learned something new this evening about editing!:)

I did see under thread tools where you can add a poll. I'm assuming that's as an afterthought once you've already posted the thread.

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I found out I could by like double clicking on my thread title on the list of threads...Sort of like editing names of folders on your computer

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Or click the thread tools dropdown list and select edit thread.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Is there no edit poll button in the drop down thing when you click "Thread Tools"?

Editing a poll doesn't reset it, I've edited a few, it works fine. I just assumed that members could edit their polls anyway, I guess not.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I've upped the maximum time people can edit a thread's title for.
As to the time you can change a poll for: I have no plans to increase that. Double-checking polls before you post them is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.