Self diapering

richieboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Do you find it better to put on your diaper standing or lying down? I find it better lying down.

• Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, littledreamers333, skylanderpamp and 2 others
I always lay down or allows for better control when at home but public I have to stand sych as in a stall but I prefer to lay down at home or if I'm at a party and have access to a private bathroom

• Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, skylanderpamp, Diprs2 and 2 others
Lying down is by far the easiest
followed by sitting then standing.
Running into a diaper is the most difficult

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: BunnyFofo, Billybatts, skylanderpamp and 9 others
SparkyDog said:
Laying down is by far the easiest
followed by sitting then standing.
Running into a diaper LOL

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Depends. I put night time nappies on lying and daytime ones on standing up. I find that standing up helps me get a better deal for sitting voids while lying down helps me get a better seal for lying voids.

Reactions: Ceary, BunnyFofo, BLtheDL and 3 others
SparkyDog said:
Obviously you don’t wear Cruisers 360!

Well, I love the babyness of an on-the-back diaper change. The vulnerability of it is very appealing to me. It would be even better, of course, if somebody would stick a pacifier in my mouth, hand me a favorite plushie to cuddle, and do the changing for me, but… I take what I can get: a split mommy/baby personality. :)

That said, I mostly wear while working (from home), and have gotten used to doing seated changes at my desk. It’s so much less “little,” but it’s less of an interruption too. I’ll do my first diapering of the day lying in bed, and the rest in my office.

Last edited:
Reactions: skylanderpamp, Diprs2, KittyninjaW and 2 others
Cottontail said:
Obviously you don’t wear Cruisers 360!

Well, I love the babyness of an on-the-back diaper change. The vulnerability of it is very appealing to me. It would be even better, of course, if somebody would stick a pacifier in my mouth, hand me a favorite plushie to cuddle, and do the changing for me, but… I take what I can get: a split mommy/baby personality. :)

That said, I mostly wear while working (from home), and have gotten used to doing seated changes at my desk. It’s so much less “little,” but it’s less of an interruption too. I’ll do my first diapering of the day lying in bed, and the rest in my office.
Never tried a sitting change but I may have to try it for when I am at home. I work in office so that isn't a possibility for me. lol.. I also need to get better at changing laying down, darn do I wanna get better at laying down changes, but ideally like you, I'd love to be changed by someone else. I do have a Daddy now but he's not local and we haven't met just yet. :3

Reactions: Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
Okay folks the correct term is lying down not laying down. I know cause I just looked it up. LOL

• Thinking
Reactions: BunnyFofo, Diprs2, Poobear and 2 others
I used to exclusively do changes on my back, but as I've worn more and more consistently I've grown really accustomed to doing standing changes. I seem to get a better fit more often standing. Also, a moderately clean wall is often easier and more convenient to find than a clean changing table or the equivalent. Just thinking of lying down on a public bathroom floor makes me feel grossed out.

Doing it baby-style can be fun as a treat at home or when the proper facilities are available, though. In addition I imagine it would probably be easier for a caregiver or second party to perform a change with me lying down.

Reactions: BunnyFofo, star, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Lying down is the best for me.

• Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I always put them on in the standing position using a wall to hold them in position whilst I do all the adjustments, tried laying down once but could not get the Nappy to feel right, it is like most things in life a case of what suits you best and what you're most comfortable with.

Reactions: BunnyFofo, Nam Repaid, star and 3 others
I put on my diaper standing up. I've been doing it for years. When I started using taped diapers I learned how and it grew onto me, no pun intended. When I powder my diaper I wonder how much of the powder falls off as I tape up, lol! I just had to mention that, lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: BunnyFofo, richieboy, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I do the bottom two tapes lying down, and make sure the leg cuffs/leak guards are all tucked correctly that way. Then I stand up to do the top two tapes—for some reason whenever I do the top two while laying down, they’ll always be too loose. It just works better for me that way! 😅

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, puddlefeet, Kayleigh and 6 others
Since I'm a baby, I always lay down to change my diaper, like a good little girl should. It not only feels very babylike but it's easier to get a snug, secure diaper on. With pink Megamaxes I do the top tapes first, very snugly, followed by the bottom tapes in and upward; with InControl Elites, due to the velcro tabs, I do the bottom tapes in & up, then on go the top tapes, overlapping them a bit, and cinch 'em very snug. The taping angle allows for a thinner diaper juncture with more room for my legs to move around...it snugs the diaper around my bottom more securely...the look & fit are extremely baby-diaper authentic...and a snug diaper really presses down on my bladder & helps me piddle easier when it fills up after drinking lots of big baby bottles. 🍼🍼🍼🍼🧸🤗🥰

• Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, richieboy, Deleted member 64479 and 2 others
Lieing down.

Reactions: BunnyFofo, Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Standing for me

I have a lot of practice - standing allows me to get a really good fit + I can quickly change in any bathroom stall :)

Reactions: BunnyFofo, richieboy and BobbiSueEllen
Laying down but was changed once in pulic toilets and had no choice but to stand, i didnt like it as when i walked one tape came loose and my sitter couldnt fix it until later at the car.

• Wow
Standing was my original preference, but then I started doing it lying down and it was nice. For me, the biggest difference is that with the diaper laid out flat, I can sprinkle powder over it, something I can't do standing. I don't think there's much difference for me in the fitment.

Reactions: BunnyFofo, richieboy, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Did try standing more then few time but it just wasn't working for me .
Just as soon change laying down on the bed. Just so much more easier for this gal ! ;)

• Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, richieboy, KittyninjaW and 1 other person
Back