Self diapering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptic

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Kind of curious as to what other abdls out there do when they self diaper in terms of how you put it on. Do you do it standing, laying down, upside down? Do you tape it tight, loose, a mix of the both? What is your teqnique, and how has it changed from the start of your interest in diapers to now.

My method of self-diapering hasn't changed much from when I started out. I put my diapers on laying down, on my back, usually with the aid of a mirror to size things up. I plant my rear right on the back of the diaper, wiggle slightly up or down until I get a comfy fit, I pull the front of the diaper up snug between my legs and tape it on, one tape at a time ☺ Sometimes, I'll do one tape lying down and the other standing up so I can get the placement just right 🙂

When taping I try to do them tight but not too tight if that makes any sense 😅 I guess my taping could be called snug. I make sure the tapes are tight enough so that the diaper hugs my waist and there is no sagging in the rear, but not tight enough to the point where there's strain on the tapes🙂

To be honest, I'm pretty much a pro at self-diapering, I haven't sprung a leak in years so I guess my method works 😄 When it comes to being diapered by someone else, their methods vary, my 2nd GF/Mommy had me stand up to tape them on, my former Mommy friend and my current Mommy/GF are fans of the lying down method as its more authentic ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JWolf
I pretty much always do it laying down, technique depends on the diaper but always bottom tapes first on a 4 tape diaper. Usually lay out the diaperand wiggle my way into the “perfect” position on the back panel before taping up

I like snug diapers, but tight isn’t so comfortable long term, that’s where things differ diaper to diaper. Some diapers I need to tape up fairly tight and they stretch out to a perfect fit after an hour or 2, other diapers have a thicker shell and I don’t need to tape up so tight or they can chafe and become uncomfortable after a while

For whatever stupid reason, with diapers that are a bit too big, I find taping them up while standing works better

Last edited:
I use cloth and do it laying down.

Reactions: chuck
I wear cloth diapers also and put the diaper on the bed then pull it up thru my legs, fold it properly, pin each side then put my plastic pants on.

Reactions: alwayz
Both sitting and standing up position.

Reactions: dlguy4life
I lean against a wall with the diaper between my butt and the wall. Then pull the front up and tape the top tapes as tight as I can get them and tape the bottom tapes snug but not tight around my legs.

Reactions: hoimi and Seasonedcitizen
I do it standing and laying down. To me standing gets a better fit because my fat stomach is already poking out so the front of the diaper is usually adjusted for that. But standing I put my butt up against the backside of the diaper against the wall. Legs spread and I pull it up the front and make sure that tapes/ wings align. I start with the top right then top left bottom left and bottom right. Then I keep my legs spread to make sure the leak guards are in their places and I try to make sure the diaper is u shaped before closing my legs you don’t want that bunched up causing unnecessary leaks. Then Your good to go! If I’m laying down i repeat his exact technique just in a laying version

Most often, I put mine in while standing, using the wall behind to brace against. Lying down is easier in terms of powder but not as quick and efficient.

Reactions: Billies1
Definitely lying down. Pins are tricky when doing it by yourself, especially when pinning the left side when you are right handed. But I remember once when I was about 12 years old diapering myself in a space lying down inside a cupboard for privacy. We were staying on our boat and my parents had guests that were in my cabin. I had to make due. Amazing I was never caught. There was allot of drinking going on, so I was not the priority... out of sight out of mind.

I have also practiced using a wall at home, so if I am wearing a disposable I can change standing up in a public restroom. It is also important to have the correct diaper available--pull-up style disposables require me to take my shoes and pants off when I change. I like to use a family style restroom if possible in this case.

As far as technique--I use whatever works. Have had many years experience with my parents changing me when I come home from school or getting ready for bed using cloth or disposables.

Last edited:
I normally put my diaper on laying down to get the best fit. The only time I put a diaper on while standing up is if I need to change while I am away from home. If I am only wet while out and about, I normally will wait until I get home to change, but if I mess myself, I will find a handicapped bathroom to change.

I used to put a diaper on while laying down, but now it's far easier to do it standing and leaning against the wall. Personally I wear my diapers rather tight because if it's too loose, it doesn't hold hold everything in place.

Reactions: hoimi
I've heard that term boosters and pads added to being daipered but I personally never have used them. I would like to know more about using these items.

ScarletRoseRapier said:
I've heard that term boosters and pads added to being daipered but I personally never have used them. I would like to know more about using these items.

Well there are Boosters (ones that dont need to be modified, just put a diaper on with a booster between you and the Diaper)

And there are Stuffers, which is anything not meant to be used as a booster, but which can increase overall absorbency and make for a more satisfying experience

With a Stuffer (anything not sold as a booster) you will need to open the diaper you are gonna wear and "Stuff" it with a Baby Diaper, Sleep Pants (like Goodnites) or anything else that could add extra absorbency;

ideally you want to place a Stuffer above all the absorbent material of the Diaper you will wear, but not in contact with you

Either you can cut the outside of the Stuffer, or you may not need to if there is still space around the outside of the Stuffer so it has adequate space to eventually leak to the diaper you are wearing (but not past that unless you wear the Diaper for way too long)

The above picture shows where you would place a booster, which is essentially the core of a diaper no backing, or leak guards, or sides

A Stuffer on the other hand should be placed between the part of a Diaper that touches you and the absorbent parts of the Diaper you are wearing.

As for how I put a diaper on myself, with 4 tape diapers i like to put the bottom tapes barely on the landing strip

then I can pull up the diaper, put the top tapes on snug, then tighten the bottom tapes and if needed put the top tapes on a little tighter

With a 2 tape diaper I like to put it close to me, put one side on snug, then do the other side, and carefully redo one or both sides tighter to make sure its snug

I like both 2 and 4 tape Diapers, but 2 tape diapers you have to be careful with, if one side gets ripped that's it, if it loses stickiness it can still be used with tape over the Diaper Tapes

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletRoseRapier
Kryptic said:
Kind of curious as to what other abdls out there do when they self diaper in terms of how you put it on. Do you do it standing, laying down, upside down? Do you tape it tight, loose, a mix of the both? What is your teqnique, and how has it changed from the start of your interest in diapers to now.

Depends on the situation. When I am on transatlantic flights, I put my diaper on standing up in the lavatory.
When getting ready for bed, I put it on laying down.
I then tape the bottom tapes first, then the top two.

Reactions: Lyokodl
I know where my tapes need to be so I pretape them with a booster then wiggle into it. Great fit ever time.

• Wow
Reactions: PonderStibbons, randy1959 and Kryptic
When I put on a diaper I slide the new diaper under me while laying on my back. After it is in position I will remove my current undergarment and (after cleanup/powdering) will tape bottom left, bottom right, top right, top left. When I diaper up I am to the point where I know where to secure by the placement of the tapes on my body. The placement is relatively tight, but there it doesn't cut off circulation to my legs.

I always change standing up, backed into the wall. This makes sense, as I change in the bathroom and do not want to lay on the floor. I make sure the front and back are mostly even, the wetness indicator is vertical, and the back wings are even on both sides. Then I make sure a leg gather is as snug as possible and will even take my hand and push it into my inside thigh if necessary. I didn't do this at first and it likely led to some leaks. (This part should be easier laying down, as you're not fighting gravity.) Then I secure the bottom tape, not wrapping it around my thigh (another early mistake), but straight across my hip. I make them very snug, as the outer shell will stretch a little over time. Then I smooth the front wing across my hip and attach the top tape pointing diagonally down. Repeat for the other side. Finally I check in the mirror for any gaps around the legs as I raise each leg, and fix the bottom tapes if I'm way off.

Kryptic said:
I've wondered at this too.
I have to change myself standing-up. I've never managed to get the darn things to fit snugly enough by lying down. I've been changed (medical settings), lying down of course. In those instances, I wasn't getting out of bed, so the fit I suppose wasn't as compromised by changing position? Then too, I wasn't turning onto my sides like I do at home/sleeping. Flat on your back is a pretty damned boring way to 'Rest' when that's the only position you can manage)

Reactions: Lyokodl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back