Self diagnosis

WoodenBelly

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Just sent in my bladder journal to the VA Urologist, I think that even tho I’m not 35, my pelvic floor is just whack and I have weakened it from years of straining from IBS/GERD, and OAB. For the longest time I’d go many times during the day and strain to get everything out there.

Honestly, my Trospium is starting to work (unless this is something new) it takes a minute to go piss and even tho urges are always consistent, accidents have cut down.

I wear protection all the time still but since the urine culture and prostate results came back good to go. Unless it’s something neuro I think that this is what’s going on. I don’t see my Uro until October so I’m not going to stop wearing until then. But it’s positive. And those are my conclusions.

Anyone else start getting incontinent because the floor, with all health results good to go? I’m also EXTREMELY stressed and depressed due to ongoing family situations, so I think these are the causes.

Petya217

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I have similar condition. I cannot hold it back, once I feel the urge (and I feel strong urges only), I have like 5-15 seconds, before the flood starts. Between floods (usually one in every hour) I have smaller amounts coming out, but without any warning.
By blood and prostate results are all negative, docs beleive it is neuro related, but unsure as MRI showed nothing extraordinary. The only reason they beleive is that I had a nerve entrapment in my lower back last December, and my issues began after that. They say most probably a nerve has damaged back then.
Although, it is not because of the pelvic floor in my case, but the result is same: urge IC with seemingly all health results clear.

WoodenBelly

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I’ve never had a operation besides colonoscopies and knee.
Dude this is absolutely insane how everything’s negative. Truth be told, I’m scared to apply to certain career moves right now, I’m scared to not wear anything. The day I don’t is the day something will happen, bank on it

509er

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
The only things that came back positive for me was blood in the urine and urine retention. If you think your pelvic floor muscles are an issue, do Kegel exercises. My pelvic floor does not work that great and kegels didn’t help me. I have a tumor in my spine which they think is the main contributor to my incontinence issues. VA took out as much of the tumor as they could but it grew back.
The reason we are wearing diapers is to improve our quality of life and allow us to do what we want to do. For me it was hard to get over having to wear them and always worried someone would know or find out. Don’t let the fact that you have to wear them stop you from making career moves. If someone find out who cares. Explain to them that you have a condition that requires you to wear them.

The advice I always gave my soldiers when they were getting down on themselves was to tell them to suck it up buttercup and continue your mission. There are support groups designed for this. This web site is a great resource as well.

As Gunny Highway started, “Improvise, overcome and adapt marine.”