Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Seeking: one person to manage the wiki. This means:
(1) Writing good, informative content for it.
(2) Giving +rep to people who contribute good content to it.
(3) Editing all pages linked to by the main page, to ensure they are free of typos, spelling errors, etc.

Applications open to regulars, VIPs and moderators. I'm only seeking a few hours per week, but I am seeking someone who can contribute on a regular basis, and isn't afraid to send me brief summaries each week of what they have done.

Role
Private
I'll put my hand up for it...

Just some examples of the articles I kick-started and wrote the majority of information for:
Boards - ADISC Answers Wiki
Posting on the Forum - ADISC Answers Wiki
Reputation - ADISC Answers Wiki

Plus I'm already on ADISC practically every day already, so it's no big deal.

But anyway, Moo, make sure that whoever does get it will alter articles with a completely unbiased and objective viewpoint. The thing I like about Wikipedia is the article neutrality. The last thing I'd want to see happen to the wiki here is it only present one or two of all the possible viewpoints.

Last edited:

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I'm definitely interested in wiki management, as I maintain an open source wiki engine (PM me if you want a name/link) and know the ins and outs of organizing a MediaWiki site. Also got an A in honors English last year, so I can do the spelling stuff. :) Been on ADISC a little under two years and I should be able to spare at least an hour or two a week since I already spend a lot more than that on ADISC anyway.

--Danny :ninja:

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Thanks for standing, guys :)
Note: I'm going to be deleting any posts in this thread which I don't feel are constructive. Put your best foot forward, and please don't fight. Fighting reflects poorly on all involved.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I know this is a tad bit off topic, but I think we should encourage a more collaborative editing spirit when editing the wiki. The idea of wiki is that one person starts an article and others keep adding, replacing, and fixing content, and that (most importantly) discussion occurs about articles to help figure out what content should be in there. I haven't seen a lot of that on here. Often times on big wikis like Wikipedia, the discussion pages are bigger than the articles themselves. This is something I'd like to see on ADISC, and if I end up as wiki manager then that will be something that I'll be encouraging.

Role
Private
Keep in mind, people hardly have time to filter through all the posts on the forum, let alone discuss or edit a wiki article. You should probably try to focus on getting people willing to contribute first, before jumping the gun and encouraging article discussion.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
You bring up a good point but I guess I should have been more specific. I mean that when wiki articles are being edited, those involved should be careful to watch the discussion pages and chime in when they need to. It helps make sure that articles aren't biased and that their information applies worldwide, especially important because of our widely scattered membership here.

Role
Private
But that still ties back to getting people to do it in the first place. People are willing to edit articles, but with their own ideas. I've still yet to see an article actually be discussed in length.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I'm by no means ADISC's best poster, but I think I would be good at what you said, Moo.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
But that still ties back to getting people to do it in the first place. People are willing to edit articles, but with their own ideas. I've still yet to see an article actually be discussed in length.
Hence my statement of intent to encourage said discussion. ;)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
This job will be filled by someone appointed by Peachy once he takes up his new admin position on around the 26th.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Idea! Howabout both Lukie and Danny do it! 2 is always better than 1! :D

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'll make a decision this weekend.

If any more people with to apply, now would be a good time.

Peachy

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I'm applying, though I respect if you don't choose me, I'd love to do it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.