Seeking: Newsletter Writer(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
So, I need a person (or group) to do the ADISC monthly newsletter.

Here's what I'm thinking... if you'd like to do the newsletter, write a sample one that covers June, and PM it to me.
It should cover:
* The news - major happenings at ADISC over the last month.
* Links to some currently popular topics, to draw inactive people back to activity.
* Anything else fun or amusing you want to include.

You can write a newsletter by yourself... or work in a group. It is totally up to you how you do it... but the deadline for entries is Saturday 12th of July.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Im gonna be gone for the weekend, make any changes you see fit.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Okay, here is my entry...again it is JUST AN EXAMPLE which I came up with at 2:30am last night.

I don't believe it is 'flashy'...considering that I used the ADISC colour scheme and logo. If there are issues with the colour scheme as it appears, or with images, please let me know.

I have a vast collection of clipart, images, photos, and am experienced with Paint Shop Pro (a photoshop-like software program), Dreamweaver, Office (publisher and other components), as well as creating html in notepad. Oh, yeah, and I have an Honours Diploma in Business Practices (which included an honours certificate in English) so I can spell and use proper grammar! :)

As I pointed out in my previous post I have experience with newsletters (3-4 years), as well as being a long-time member of the site (5-6 years).

I also have a great deal of time on my hands...not just for the summer, but into the foreseeable future. I realise a lot of younger, perhaps more eager, people are keen to be the ADISC Newsletter editor, but my question is "What happens when they go back to school, college, or university in September?"

We're already into July! Are we going to have to find someone else in a couple of months?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It sounds like a financial report.

The interview is a nice add, but I sure hope it'll be bigger (that's why collaboration could be a better idea if people CAN collaborate), that's about what we get in a week on FTT.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yay! Our entry is up. Basically - We put a couple hours of effort into it, thus our result. I really don't feel a need to give a big 'ol speech about what I know how to do and what I'm skilled at, so basically, what you see in the example is the general tempate that they would follow of Pojo and I did them.

Although I would like to point out any images I use and all the pictures you will see (For example, the balloons) I bought through stock photography, so there are no copyright issues regarding them (Unlike finding pictures off of google) and they're mine. :)

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the template looks awesome!

I would be glad to contribute what I could when it comes to written material for the newsletter in some regard -- whatever you guys should need, just let me know, and I'll do my best to rock it!

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I can help get the template implemented in XHTML if you guys want so that it'll be easy to send out in plaintext format and stuff. Looks great guys :D

--Danny :ninja:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It looks incredible! :O (Why, WHY is it that =o with : instead of = creates a BLUSH emoticon? WHYYYY? *sobs*)

It would be nice if there was a poll or something every month that people could answer through PMs or, since it's quite annoying to tally the answers, Pollhost or another poll hosting website. It would be interesting to know members' opinions.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Nice job, Mandi and Pojo! :)

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh, I just noticed it doesn't cover June, most, if not all of the "major happenings" took place yesterday, if I recall correctly. :p

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
That might be because 1 nothing was on the calender for last week and 2 a newsletter looks back on stuff but also looks forward to the stuff that'll happen.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That might be because 1 nothing was on the calender for last week and 2 a newsletter looks back on stuff but also looks forward to the stuff that'll happen.
Bingo...We do have things from June, like the noteable threads, they were all made in June, and are just some of the ones that have a good amount of posts and are still alive compared to others, and we do have June B-days, along with July ones. Since it's the first one, there's a bunch of info, plus I think the August one would be made near the end of August, so we don't get September info mixed, etc

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well Should this be June? Or July.

I personally think it'd make more sense if it was July... and covered the month that just passed and THAT month.

So like August would be sent out the 1st... and would cover a few things that happened in July (Like noteable threads) and things coming up in August.

Just my 2cents.

Also thanks everyone for the kind comments! Rance mentioned helping, if Pojo and I do the newsletter, we are most definitely open for anything you'd like to add. Or if you'd like to write a part one month, we are open for that too! (Of course, if you write jibberish then it obv. won't go in!)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

I personally think it'd make more sense if it was July... and covered the month that just passed and THAT month.

So like August would be sent out the 1st... and would cover a few things that happened in July (Like noteable threads) and things coming up in August.

Well what we did was following more of the guidelines of the example, where Moo said for it to cover June...For covering the next month, we would just have to see what info we would have about it

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little

Just my 2cents.

Also thanks everyone for the kind comments! Rance mentioned helping, if Pojo and I do the newsletter, we are most definitely open for anything you'd like to add. Or if you'd like to write a part one month, we are open for that too! (Of course, if you write jibberish then it obv. won't go in!)
That's exactly how I was thinking.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
This job will be filled by someone appointed by Peachy once he takes up his new admin position on around the 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.