• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Secure X Plus/Bambinos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I thought I read somewhere that Bambinos were just Secure X Plus with prints?

Is there any truth behind this? If so, what do the Secure X Plus look like?

Thanks a lot in advance,
-Rev

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
No it isn't true... you're source is incorrect.

just google image secure x-plus...most of the matches are comparisons between bambino and secure

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I'm sorry... but it is true. I've tried both brands and will attest to you that they are the exact same diaper. Same tape "landing zone", same waistbands, same tapes, same construction. The Bambinos merely have AB/DL prints on them and no wetness indicator.

Have either of you guys who said "no" even tried Bambino and Secure?

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It was true that they were different, but now isn't.

Up until about 6-8 months ago, there were a few differences between the two. The Bambinos had a front elastic waistband, while the X-Plus did not, the obvious difference in prints, and the Bambinos had a marginally higher cellulose content (making them ever so slightly thicker).

Today, they are the exact same diaper. The X-Plus now include the front waistband just like Bambinos, and there is absolutely no difference in construction aside for the difference in prints on the tape landing area, and the lack of a wetness indicator on the Bambinos.

I have both in my possession currently... They are identical.

raptor

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Have the bambinos gotten thinner!? I still have my case I ordered about 10 months ago but I'm going to have to order more soon.. did they get worse :(

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Nope.. Both the Bambinos and Secure X-Plus are as thick as they always have been.

A

annierighthurr

I have some small secure xplus and they dont have wetness indicators on them either..
they're the same exact diaper.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
hey, thnx to everyone who responded. i've taken a liking to the bambinos recently, although they are a little pricey. i think i might have to order a bag of secure x plus now.

thnx again

S

Secret

I also have heard they are the same, but after looking at those pictures I dont know?

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you have any doubts about them being the same, just check the "Links" section on Bambino's website. The first link is to Secure Personal Care's website. Coincidence? :detective:

babyjeff

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
just found a piece of a bambino diaper inside a bag of secure personal x-plus briefs. We at least know they make them on the same line in china somehere:detective3

babyjeff

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Check out my avitar found it in a bag of Secure X Plus briefs from a case I bought also had 3 briefs with tapes on only one side!

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
haha. thats really funny. although it sounds like u got screwed out of three diapers

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i compared them side-by-side once. that was before the x-plusses adopted the waistband, so there was that difference, plus the prints, plus i think the plastic covering on the bambinos was softer. if the bambinos were thicker or more absorbent it wasn't enough to be noticeable.

considering that bambinos cost about $2.25 per diaper (and that doesn't even count shipping) i can't understand why anyone would prefer them to the securecare xplusses. if the babyish designs on the front are that important to you then make your own and tape them on yourself.

Avocadoy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Avery: I thought Bambino's included shipping with any purchase? I'd look it up, but my attention is in one place and a lot of places.

Though, I do agree, it is a lot of money to spend to get a waist band and some prints that don't really look appealing to me.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
oops. you're right rahara, their website says the price includes shipping. i guess that shows you how closely i follow their policies. :p

all the same, it's a rip-off. they also have crappy customer service. they forgot to ship my order, and then when i contacted them about it they didn't bother to reply to my emails until i threatened to tell all my friends what a troup of wankers they are.

i told them anyway. ^.^

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
considering that bambinos cost about $2.25 per diaper (and that doesn't even count shipping)
Shipping is included, and they are $1.56 per ($75/48 diapers).

And well worth the money, though I don't really care for the pastel prints. I get the Secures instead, for about $1.33 per diaper. With the tape issues and the fact that all the padding ends up in the crotch, I've long since sworn off Abenas, my former favorite.

To the person with the defective diapers a few posts up... Contact them about it. I had the same issue once with a prior case, and they sent me an additional pack free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.