Secure Plus Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Does anyone know where these can be purchased cheaper? The Secure Personal Care site sells a bag of 12 medium Secure Pluses for $17.35 plus shipping. :eek: It's like they're trying to strongly encourage buying a whole case, because 96 of them are only $76.65, less than a dollar per diaper.

I tried these once before and they were pretty good overall, except I wish they had elastic at the waist like the X-Plus ones do (I didn't like the X-Pluses as much). The Secure Plus had softer plastic and although I usually prefer a diaper to be all, or mostly white, the blue and white plastic on these is pretty cool too. If i want them thicker, an Abena Abri-let pad would help.

I like having a variety of my favorite diapers available for whatever mood hits me, but the question is, do I want that many more diapers just to "save" money? With 96 of these, I'd be committed to using them for a while, which could be both good and bad. :meditate:

nites

Rep for CrinkleCrate
Company Rep
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I say just go for the 96 case. I'm just saying that because I dont know wear you could buy them, sorry. maybe just look around the internet maybe.

A

annierighthurr

is it dumb to say I hate the secure website? I don't think it reflects on what an awesome product they have... :p

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
At a thrift store down in Eugene.

You have to be willing to go around to thrift stores and find such bargains like that.

Role
Other
Does anyone know where these can be purchased cheaper? The Secure Personal Care site sells a bag of 12 medium Secure Pluses for $17.35 plus shipping. :eek: It's like they're trying to strongly encourage buying a whole case, because 96 of them are only $76.65, less than a dollar per diaper.

I tried these once before and they were pretty good overall, except I wish they had elastic at the waist like the X-Plus ones do (I didn't like the X-Pluses as much). The Secure Plus had softer plastic and although I usually prefer a diaper to be all, or mostly white, the blue and white plastic on these is pretty cool too. If i want them thicker, an Abena Abri-let pad would help.

I like having a variety of my favorite diapers available for whatever mood hits me, but the question is, do I want that many more diapers just to "save" money? With 96 of these, I'd be committed to using them for a while, which could be both good and bad. :meditate:
I am pretty sure that they only sell through their website.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I am pretty sure that they only sell through their website.
I was previously able to buy single bags from another site for a bit less (cases were still cheaper from Secure), but they don't carry them anymore, so I think you're probably stuck.

They were carried by adultclothdiaper.com, but the link to them is now dead within their site:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/S...t2=489417672&ProductID=30&Target=products.asp

[Any doubters will see that it describes Secure Plus at the top of the page, and I also have my e-mailed receipt.]

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
AFAIK Secure has only ever sold through their website. I like the diapers... but I really think Abri-forms are better for the money. Abri Supers are thin but very thirsty... and you just can't bust the X-plus.

Mauiman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Well I have tried out this diaper. And it was a very nice experience for me. They were very comfortable and the pad did not crumble much like the pad on the Tranquility ATN's. So I have just got me a bag of them. Will get more on pay day and once that is done I am going to see about getting the subscription to the Tranquility ATN's canceled and try to see about getting a subscription to these diapers.

Thanks for suggesting them to me.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A diaper subscription - that sounds funny. :lol:

A commercial never to be:

"Are you tired of the same old boring subscriptions, such as magazines, books or CDs? Well, how about something totally different? You could be having more fun than ever with a diaper subscription! Just think - all the diapers you want or need automatically delivered to your home on a schedule you control. And if you order now, we'lll sign you up for our diaper of the week club, at no additional charge!"

Role
Other
AFAIK Secure has only ever sold through their website. I like the diapers... but I really think Abri-forms are better for the money. Abri Supers are thin but very thirsty... and you just can't bust the X-plus.
Adultclothdiaper.com used to carry them also.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

babybobby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think I tried the regular pluses a while back - I DID NOT like them.

They are not very absorbent - go with X-PLUSes they are like X+++++ better...sorry. Seriously though, much better diaper if you can adjust to the crinkly plastic.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I just wasn't as impressed with the X-Pluses as I thought I'd be when I tried them about two or so years ago. I like the softer plastic of the regular Pluses. I like when the plastic crinkles too, as it makes them more babyish.
And I think the absorbency of the regular one was decent; at least three wettings. I do wish they were thicker though, and had elastic at the waist, but as I've found, it's pretty hard to get every feature I like in one diaper.

Role
Adult Baby
I like the Secure X-Plus, but not the regular. The X-Plus is absorbent and thick enough to know that you're diapered. The Regular were ok, but they just didn't feel the same and they don't hold nearly as much. I really only found them good for one or maybe two wettings, but the second one had better not be too much!

Along those lines, have they reduced the thickness of the X-Plus recently or is it just my imagination?

Role
Diaper Lover
I used to buy the Secure diapers from a local Pharmacy in Oxnard, CA.

Here: Therapeutic Home Care in Oxnard, CA | 318 S A Street, Oxnard, CA

They were cheap, and had them in stock. I did order a case from them once though. It was nice to have a local supply of diapers, but now I don't work near there any more. Bummer.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I got the Secure Plus diapers today and tried one on. I had forgotten how much I liked these when I last tried them. They've made some slight changes though. They're still plastic, thankfully, but they don't seem quite as crinkly. In some ways, this is a good thing, because it means I can wear these in public without much risk of discovery. On the other hand, the crinkle is one of the fun parts of wearing diapers.

Also, they no longer have the blue lining along the outer edges that made that part of the diaper appear bluish from the outside. I'm mixed on whether this is good or bad. I prefer a diaper to be all white or mostly white, but that bluish color was pretty cool too, and helped improve the babyish look. That color blue and the brightish white of most disposables go together well. It reminds me a bit of Pampers when they had the blue waist shield. I think that waist shield was a very good idea and expected it to be used by other diaper brands, but it never quite did, because later Pampers didn't have it. Too bad, because it would also be good in adult diapers, to minimize seepage as the diaper gets wetter while lying down or sleeping.

Although the regular Secures are not as thick as the X-Pluses, I know they should still handle about three good wettings, and think they look more babyish, because of the colors on the front taping zone. So, overall, I am liking these. :2thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.