Searching for a cheaper diaper that fits my preference.

phase II

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm in between jobs and living off my savings so I don't want to spend more than I have to. I typically go with megamax since it is an amazing diaper but even $140 for a case is more than I want to spend.
The diaper I'm looking for fits these criteria

1. Plastic backed (prefer landing zone but not a must)

2. Doesn't clump up when wet and being active (this is my biggest pet peeve with diapers)

3. Holds a good amount (I can soak a megamax in 4 hours if I'm drinking a lot of water)

4. Swells up nice (discretion isn't something I care about)

Probably the biggest thing is the clumping it really bothers me when diapers do that. I wear when working and being active and if it clumps I usually leak and it sucks. I know I'm asking a lot out of a cheaper diaper but if there's one that has almost all these things it may be worth it to me.
Been wearing Abu simple ultra and those are almost as much as megamax with shipping now so I want to find a budget diaper that I like.

Thanks in advance!

iluvdps2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I love your 4 criteria, but I don't think they're compatible with "budget diapers."
The 2 that come to mind are:
- BetterDry, which I get from LLMedico for ~$90/case of 60, and they check all of your boxes but I'm not sure they're really budget diapers.
- Tranquility ATN which I get for $80/case of 96, but they don't swell up super thick like Megamax or BetteryDry and they can't hold a candle to how thirsty the modern super diapers are. However, they are some of my favorite diapers to wear.

Reactions: phase II

phase II

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
iluvdps2 said:
I love your 4 criteria, but I don't think they're compatible with "budget diapers."
The 2 that come to mind are:
- BetterDry, which I get from LLMedico for ~$90/case of 60, and they check all of your boxes but I'm not sure they're really budget diapers.
- Tranquility ATN which I get for $80/case of 96, but they don't swell up super thick like Megamax or BetteryDry and they can't hold a candle to how thirsty the modern super diapers are. However, they are some of my favorite diapers to wear.
Saw those betterdry on xpmedical for $95 with free shipping. I'm fine with a little less capacity since I've been wearing Abu simple ultra and those hold a lot but nothing like a megamax.
Is there anything you can think of that would make me not like them from what I listed?
And anything under $100 with shipping is the budget I'm aiming for.

Reactions: iluvdps2

iluvdps2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
phase II said:
Saw those betterdry on xpmedical for $95 with free shipping. I'm fine with a little less capacity since I've been wearing Abu simple ultra and those hold a lot but nothing like a megamax.
Is there anything you can think of that would make me not like them from what I listed?
And anything under $100 with shipping is the budget I'm aiming for.
I can't think of anything not to like about the BetterDry. They are my go to diaper for heavy wetting sessions or when I want to feel a super thick and bulky diaper. I don't do Megamax because they're just not in the budget (I'd rather spend that extra money on good onesies and add a stuffer to the BetterDrys).
My only advice would be to compare the prices at XPMedical and LLMedico to see who has the best deal for subscribe and save, who doesn't charge sales tax, free shipping, etc.
If you go for it, report back and let us know how they work out for you! :)

Reactions: phase II and Jonnythepony