Scotch Whiskey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
On the subject of alcohol, as I see there are now several threads devoted to the nectar of the gods, I wanted to ask a question:

If any of you like to enjoy Whiskey, (READ: Enjoy, not get pissed or shitfaced) I was wondering how you like to drink it?
You know, with ice or just bare? With added flavours, or dilluted by adding extra water?

I'm sure there are hundreds of different methods to do so, but if you had to choose just one, which will it be?

Role
Private
On the rocks in a tumbler, of course... ;)

Although I can usually only tolerate a little nip of it, unless it's mixed. I'm not one for straight-up liquor.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Well...back in the old days...when I actually drank alcohol...I was known for my ability to down whiskey shots with beer chasers! I'm not so sure that's actually something to be proud of...but as a (then) 5'2", 110 lb 20-something female...my guy friends found it AMAZING!

BabyDemon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Scotch, Bourbon and Whiskey, is best served neat, with a drop of water to release the flavors.

Personally, I like Bourbon more then anything.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Jack Daniels and Sprite in a chaser glass(is that right? The glass is like an hourglass, one liquid on the bottom, and another floats above that) You put the Sprite in first, then the Whiskey on top of that. Good combo.

On the rocks, in a tumbler, or straight is good too. I'm not real picky.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
In times past, I have sipped whiskey straight from a glass. At this time, I usually mix it with soda. I have not tried a true Scotch Whiskey. Jack Daniels single barrel is as fancy as I get.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
Somewhat pedantic here, but Scotch is spelt without an 'e'. Whisky. Whiskey comprises all varieties that aren't Scottish.

I like Scotch, especially single malt, although cheap whisky is dreadful. I like bourbon and coke, although I can't stand JD, but I don't usually drink bourbon neat.

I've drunk cheap whisky from the bottle--it's rough, but you can get it down. Good whisky I like neat, in a whisky snifter, which concentrates the aromas. Maybe just a little water for cask strength, but not much. I feel like ice ruins a good malt--you can't taste anything like as much, and tasting it is the whole point. If you add ice, you might as well drink Jim Beam with coke and save the money. Just my opinion, of course. My mother drinks all her whisky with ice.

What are your favourites?

In blends, I like Johnny Walker Red, although I keep meaning to try/get into the Black. Single Malt, there's one called Ancnoc, aged 15 years, unchillfiltered, which is really good. Laphroig is a good malt, but it's almost medicinal. I usual like Speyside whiskys better than Islay malts. And for Bourbon, I like Wild Turkey and Bulliet. I keep meaning to try Knob Creek or Maker's Mark, but I'm not in bars much, and I don't usually keep more in my flat than a bottle of whisky for me and a bottle of vodka for my girlfriend. And beer, of course.

Oooo, hundredth post!

Well...back in the old days...when I actually drank alcohol...I was known for my ability to down whiskey shots with beer chasers! I'm not so sure that's actually something to be proud of...but as a (then) 5'2", 110 lb 20-something female...my guy friends found it AMAZING!
When I drank more, I used to order a pint of bitter and a double whisky. Got you drunk pretty fast, for sure. Not many women who can do whiskey shots, good on you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
There's a nightclub here who does $1 shots between 10pm and 11pm on a Thursday night. Once upon a time, me and a friend order 100 shots of the house Whiskey and start taking the shots from either end, figuring we'd meet in the middle. I think I made it to about 29 before I gave up..he made it a little further, to about 37 or so. Still, we had a crowd for it, which was great XD

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I prefer Rum the most. But then again I never tried any of the other spirits aside vodka.

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Oh! From your response, I guess I have a lot to learn about the fine enjoyment of Whiskey!

I actually just bought my first bottle the other week. And until now I've just taken small sips to it, bare. I think I'm going to try with ice the next time though.
I didn't realize that it could be made so complex, with added flavours and that it could blended for starters.

For me, listening to music by Tom Waits, while sipping to whiskey have been my most memorable experience so far. :detective2: (Seriously, try it sometime!)

I tip my hat to you, my gracious lady. :tongueout:
I'm impressed. You'll drink my under the table anytime Ayanna!

diapermingus:
"Somewhat pedantic here, but Scotch is spelt without an 'e'. Whisky. Whiskey comprises all varieties that aren't Scottish."
Hey, I learn something new everyday. Thank you!

Role
Diaper Lover
There's a nightclub here who does $1 shots between 10pm and 11pm on a Thursday night. Once upon a time, me and a friend order 100 shots of the house Whiskey and start taking the shots from either end, figuring we'd meet in the middle. I think I made it to about 29 before I gave up..he made it a little further, to about 37 or so. Still, we had a crowd for it, which was great XD
I thought 21 shots = ded.

How alcoholy were they?

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I thought 21 shots = ded.

How alcoholy were they?
I'm pretty sure Australian shots, like shots in Great Britain, are 25ml, which makes them a little more than half the size of a standard American shot. Almost all whisky's going to be about 80 proof (40%) or a bit more--the same is true of vodka (which might be 75 proof, but probably 80), tequila, and gin. Spirits run to pretty standard strengths, with the exception of bourbon (occasionally 100 proof) and cask strength whisky (up to 130 proof, but you would never, ever line up shots of the stuff). House whiskey--probably 80 proof.

Even so, it's an astonishing amount of alcohol, and if it didn't kill you it would take a dreadful toll on your liver. The UK GDA is no more than 4 units in a day for men, 28 units in a week, and one UK shot is a unit.

Don't try this at home, kids!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I can't drink liquor anymore... any amount of it at all will make me physically ill. Dunno why, but I'll count it as a good thing.

A few years back I roomed with 2 guys that were... for lack of a better word... alcoholics. They got absolutely shitfaced throwing up plastered 4 nights a week... and on the off nights they had at least 6 beers each. They drank anything they could get their hands on... mixed dark and light liquors and beer... and generally made asses of themselves on a regular basis. I didn't drink at all before I met these guys... and they passed on some of their bad habit to me.

Now I'm a beer guy on a very regular basis. I typically drink about 4 nights a week... I'll have 2 or 3 on a weeknight... and 4 or 5 on a weekend. I get nicely buzzed then sober up... I don't really get drunk. LG is trying to break me of the habit... and I don't blame her... it hasn't exactly helped me lose any weight.

Little2Roo

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little
My favorite is Scotch - 15yr Dalwhinnie, neat. Also enjoy Laphraoig, especially on a cool Fall evening when you can smell firewood burning outside. LOVE it!
:D MyWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.