• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Scared of the word diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew90

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
just wondering how you guys feel about speaking the word like in front of friends/family...

I try to avoid saying it, I dont know why its weird ...

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Ya, the word does sound a little bit strange.

But for me its come more of a context thing, if I'm talking about my nephew, I can say diaper, but if it's about me..... Not a chance in hell.

BrattyBaby28

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I don't like saying it either. Nor do I like the few people who know about it saying it, even if not in relation to me.

Either way, whenever I hear it, I usually get nervous. :sweatdrop:

A

Asher

I can see what you mean. Sometimes, I too am scared of saying or hearing the word "diaper." For me, its because I'm always nervous that someone has found me out. I do not know why I feel that way though; it was probably instilled in me when I first realized I was a *B/DL years ago, and I was scared that I would get discovered. Its psychological, and it depends on the individual. Everyone has their opinions toward the subject, and everyone feels differently on it too.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other, Private
Yea that word in conversation does have that strange feeling now when mentioned in conversation. Nothing special really but that strange gut feeling that you do wear diapers for fun (or reason). Just strange.

S

soren456

It never comes up.

But I definitely am attuned to it when I hear it elsewhere, like on TV or in other people's conversation. The word seems to stand out somehow.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
I'm not "scared" persay, but I laugh a little every time I hear it C:

Left

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Every time i hear the word diaper said out loud i wince
hoping that its not related to me >.>

jter42

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Well It's kind of weird saying it. Like in one of my favorite songs "When I'm gone" by Eminem he say's "These foodstamps dont buy diaper's", and when I'm rapping along with it when he says that line you could most definitly hear a difference in my voice.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
I'm sure I've seen this topic before in another thread.. I can't seem to find it, though, so I don't really mind you starting another discussion about the very same subject. Then again, the search engine is only as good as the keywords people add to their threads

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I love the word diaper because it means I can avoid saying......... nappy... argh *cringes*. I HATE that word, even if talking about my baby niece, but I can hardly say diaper in normal conversation over here lol, so I really try to avoid the subject.

K

kitty0230

I am, I jump everytime it is said and I think I go red. It sucks, I have gotten better though

F

Falkio

The word diaper no longer bothers me; the stigma of saying it wore off long ago. Being here so often curtailed that. Not that I use it openly, just not afraid of it. I used to flinch at its mention, even if they were clueless, but it doesn't bother me at all now. Those who know me well are aware that I absolutely hate the word "padded". I refuse to say it in that context. Its like the official babyfur term for diaper. :sweatdrop:

CrazyCanuck

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's not so much the word as the topic for me. I get nervous and anxious whenever a diaper commercial is on TV and my friends/family are watching with me lol

Kevin

E

Error404

Nappy, Diaper, FCP, never really all that awkward. I'm not ashamed of who I am or what I like so talkin' about them is really easy for me.

twtw

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
I'm fine with... unless my therapist says it, then I cringe.

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy
I love the word "diaper" as well. Just sounds cool. I don't get nervous when others say it, nor do I get nervous when there's a diaper commercial on TV and others are watching it along with me. Diaper, diaper, diaper, just like any other word, except cooler sounding! ;)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It used to bother me a little, but not anymore. I don't go around shouting it or anything, but it doesn't bother me to hear or say it.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I love the word "diaper" as well. Just sounds cool. ...
Me too. Diaper is a very cool word. I may not even be paying attention to a background conversation or something on TV, but if someone says the word, diaper, it stands out and my attention is immediately shifted to where or by whom it was spoken, to hone in on the context. I loved when diaper commercials came on TV, but I had to be careful that I didn't appear interested if others were around. The word also would stand out on something I was reading, even before I got to the sentence in which it was used.

It seems strange to me now, but years ago, it wasn't a word that I liked saying either, lest it be evidence to someone that I like diapers. When I started wearing diapers for real ,for fun, it sounded so awesome to think to myself, "my diaper", like wow, it was me who was wearing the diaper instead of a baby!

Now it's less of a big deal, as I'm much more used to the pastime. But I still like seeing and hearing the word.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the funny thing is, I don't like saying the word "pañal", which is spanish for 'diaper'. but the words 'diaper' and 'nappy' dont really phase me all too much.

diapers, nappies, pañales, whatever, I dont care what they're called as long as mommy's using them on me!

cheers
-GT

Status
Not open for further replies.