Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
OK. I finally remembered to ask. The printer I have connected to my computer also contains a scanner, fax machine and copier, but the scanner doesn't work. Shouldn't it have started working when I installed the drivers for the printer? It is a Dell Photo AIO 922, if that helps. I don't really need to use the scanner, I'm just curious about why it doesn't work.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
What doesn't work about it? Please explain further...

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
What doesn't work about it? Please explain further...
Everything works except the scanner. I have put pics on the scanner to scan them to my computer and nothing happens when I press the scan button.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Typically, I find that with scanners, they come with there own scanning application. Assuming ou installed the full drivers. You might find A link to it in the programs menu. But I have only had experience with HP scanners. But usually, if you press the scan button on the scanner it automatically launches the app for you on the computer.

If you can't find the app, make sure you download and install the full drivers for the product.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Improper drivers, maybe? When you open up "My Computer" is there an icon that is named similar to your printer? If so, click it and it might let you launch the windows scanning wizard. That's how I use mine... the 'scan' button on my printer has never worked :p

Reactions: Kip

Zeek61

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
i have found that with some printers that u install don't always install the drivers for the scanner unless u select the full option. if u really want to use it for it's scanner, they try reinstalling the entire printer and when it gives u the option, selcect full and see if that works. otherwise, i'm not sure what it would be.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Improper drivers, maybe? When you open up "My Computer" is there an icon that is named similar to your printer? If so, click it and it might let you launch the windows scanning wizard. That's how I use mine... the 'scan' button on my printer has never worked :p
That worked. Thanks. I opened up My Computer and found my printer and I guess I have to use the computer to scan something. Just like yours, the 'scan' button doesn't work.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
That worked. Thanks. I opened up My Computer and found my printer and I guess I have to use the computer to scan something. Just like yours, the 'scan' button doesn't work.
The reason mine doesn't work is that, even though I have the massive HP drivers installed for mine, I didn't install the obnoxious software that comes with it. If you installed the Dell software that came with it, the button might work.. that is *IF* you want to install it :p

diapernh

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
most of the scanners with buttons require a TSR to be running in the startup group, or registry. Basically the program that activates the buttons is not the TWAIN driver, and it needs to be installed and running at all times or the buttons won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.