SaveExpress GLS delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
does anyone have any experience with using GLS delivery service when ordering from saveexpress?
there's one particular thing i'm concerned about: the package being delivered to the parcel shop instead of my house. i heard GLS sends you an email or sms where you can select wether you want the package delivered to your door, or to the parcel shop. but i never used their services, so i don't know if that's true. i don't want the package to be delivered to the parcel shop because i have no way to get there, and asking my dad to drive me would be too risky.

and while i'm at it: does anyone have any bad experiences with saveexpress?

Funny, most of us who live with others, would love all parcels to go to a parcel shop / post office etc. rather than arrive embarrassingly at home! Can you not walk or cycle or take a bus to the parcel shop?

I have nothing but positive experiences with saveexpress, the negative experiences are only with DHL, who handle the parcels in my country, and who are incompetent beyond belief. GLS handle parcel delivery different in different countries, and I cannot say anything about your country.

However, according to the GLS UK website, they offer "Online redirection of parcels that are already en route" and "Delivery options to choose from when ordering in an online shop". I suggest that you send an e-mail to their customer service address and ask them specifically about possible options.

Saveexpress will send you a tracking number as soon as the parcel has been dispatched, and I'm pretty sure that the GLS website will allow you to set delivery options.

If you are in France Forget gls!!!!! Go online and there is only bad reviews and I had a really bad experience aswell, o almost got caught because of them....

About UPS France, I just got aswell I bad experience this week with my diapers. I seems that they have the right to leave your packages at any neighbors if you are not home when they try to deliver it!! Plus I don't know any of my neighbors and I had to ring every bell in my street to see who got it and the person didn't even sign it!!!
when I call tp complain they said "yes it's normal because we have the right to do that"
Luckily I didn't get caught

sambus said:
Funny, most of us who live with others, would love all parcels to go to a parcel shop / post office etc. rather than arrive embarrassingly at home! Can you not walk or cycle or take a bus to the parcel shop?

i know it's a bit risky, but deliveries in my area never arrive before 8:30am and my parents are already at work by that time and if my siblings are home they're still sleeping. and no, i can't go to the parcel shop. my order would be too large to take it on the bus or carry it on the bike

eedoo said:
Saveexpress will send you a tracking number as soon as the parcel has been dispatched, and I'm pretty sure that the GLS website will allow you to set delivery options.

thanks, i'll look into it :)
maybe i'll try to call or email gls and ask them about it

- - - Updated - - -

couchesstevenboy said:
If you are in France Forget gls!!!!! Go online and there is only bad reviews and I had a really bad experience aswell, o almost got caught because of them

can you be more specific? what happend that you almost got caught? did they leave the package at the house next door when you weren't home or left it at your door and someone found it? i'm not too worried about that since i'm always home and i can get out of bed pretty early when it's necessary

It's unlikely that you "get caught" with a saveexpress parcel. The sender is only identified as "Oliver Weidlich", which is the proprietor's name, and the outside of the parcel does not in any way identify its contents, so unless they open the parcel or know who Oliver Weidlich is, nothing much can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back