• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

samples specialy chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i have always had a theory that samples are likes specially chosen to be better so that people will buy the product. well i tested a sample underjam to a packaged one and the sample was way better than the packaged. the sample was softer more absorbent and the sides are stronger. has anyone else found that samples are better?

A

annierighthurr

No, they're exactly the same product. It's your imagination playing conspiracy theories on you.

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's called confirmation bias.
This bias is a tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions and to irrationally avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.

You assumed that the samples would be better, so to you, they felt better because you were thinking they would.

Make sense?

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's called confirmation bias.
This bias is a tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions and to irrationally avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.

You assumed that the samples would be better, so to you, they felt better because you were thinking they would.

Make sense?
Find me a human that doesn't exhibit some sort of confirmation bias, and I'll open its face and show you it is really a robot :p

ExtraFluff

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Is it possible that the sample felt softer and the sides stronger because it hadn't been crammed into a package with other underjams? I'm sure that when these products are mechanically stuffed into packages some of the air and fluffiness probably goes out of them. I don't know.

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Find me a human that doesn't exhibit some sort of confirmation bias, and I'll open its face and show you it is really a robot :p
I wasn't saying that we all don't show confirmation bias at one point or another. I was merely telling him what it was. -shrug-

Status
Not open for further replies.