Safe amount of time to stay in messy diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamperable

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Wondering if there's general agreement about how long is too long to stay in a messy diaper... I've seen occasional comments that suggest you should change immediately (and in very messy cases shower of course), but I'm thinking maybe it depends on the consistency and on your particular skin sensitivity and such. I'm using powder and wipes, and hoping to get away with (i.e., not get diaper rash) at least a half hour of poppy diaper enjoyment on a regular basis. Is that asking for trouble?

Thanks for all your advice! I apologize in advance if there's already a thread on this... didn't see it in the search though.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Some of it will depend on your general diaper use. If you wear diapers often esp wet ones your skin is already taking some abuse. If you only wear occasionally it is less likely to have an negative effect. I would say if your skin is in otherwise ok condition and you load up with powder and diaper rash cream sitting in it for 30 mins won't do much harm esp if you clean up thoroughly afterwords and give yourself some diaper free time.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
It depends on your body with poppy diprs. I mean, I wouldn't wear them for more than several hours. If you start feeling unconfortable in it, then change it. Don't wear it for longer than you want (unless...You're into that thing or being forced to ;)).

Role
  1. Adult Baby
I think it's just a matter of comfort..
R.gif

HakuKit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I would say about 9 hours , but ive heard of people wearing messy nappys/diapers for up to two days, but that was because they were being forced to. And she probably got a nasty case of diaper rash afterwords. As long as you use a really liberal ammount of baby powder then you should be okay.I think

Aussy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
From experience, I found that 45min to an hour is tops. But i do try and find a washroom right away to change, like others said, its not good for your skin.

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
'Poppy' diaper?

Ah pOOpy. . . . :laugh:

It depends on some factors, first is how resistant your skin is to irritation from the faeces. As the stool 'ages' outside of your body it gives off ammonia (amongst other things) and this can cause skin problems. In other words make sure your skin is healthy and that you don't have a pre-existing tendency for rashes. Second is how firm your stool is. Understandably, the less water in the faeces the less smelly, irritating and messy it will be. Firm stool also tends to 'migrate' less so you're less likely to leave a mess when you sit or sleep.

Personally I've been in a dirty diaper for over 24 hours from the first bowel movement with no ill effects but your milage may vary.

Pamperable

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks for all the feedback! Yeah I did it twice today (though a small amount, not very messy), second time kept the diaper on for over an hour and so far so good. I don't want to overdo it though and get some nasty rash.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Part of the issue with the rash is moisture (from urine, sweat or poop) and part has to do with the acidity of the poop. Most is quite acidic and can lead to skin breakdown if exposed to the skin over a prolonged period. This is why we generally try to change people that are messy as soon as possible in the health care setting.

One other thing to consider is that if you are a female, or an uncircumcised male (more prone to contamination getting into the urethra), the poop could lead to some pretty bad UTI's if it gets into the wrong places. Even circumcised males run some risk of this.

Last edited:

Viggo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'll recomend right away after a messing accident.
15-30 minutes tops is the average for me..

P

Peaceful

I don't really like to stay in it very long, so I try to change ASAP, especially if the water content of it is high.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
On the rare occasion that I do poop myself I tend to get about twenty minutes. Then whole damn factor kicks in. Knowing that I have to clean myself.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
The most I have ever done is 15 minutes but that is my paranoia over the smell.

pamperchu

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I normaly sit in my messy diapers for 1 to 3 hours beafor changing. I have gone as long as 10 hours with no problems with getting a rash.

Tris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
If you do messy diapers and want to stay in them longer than 30 minutes, pre-powder the diaper with a coating of powder before putting it on and make sure you do not sit in it the entire time if you are. A slight run over with a finger of vaseline or any other type of rash preventing cream on the folds of skin and on your behind work wonders as well.

I have been able to stay in a messy one for about 9 hours before it gets uncomfortable/too smelly and have not gotten rashes but I also get quite a few heat rashes so I guess that has my skin slightly toughened up.

If it is runny, no longer than 2 to 4 hours.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like to change after an hour to two hours. I tend to get a rash pretty quickly after more than a couple of hours in a dirty diaper.

radix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Never lasted more than 15 minutes. But I don't like it much anyway, so my tolerance may be much lower for the discomfort.

I

ImmaNinja

ive been in one for probably 2 hours and never got a rash from it.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I've heard of people going much longer than an hour. When urine and feces come in contact, it creates an ammonia that is really bad for your skin, and is the most prone to rash-causing. If you're powdered and got cream or whatever on, you should be good. But to be honest when I do mess I wait like 30-60 minutes before I change, and I NEVER use powder or cream or anything like that,

Status
Not open for further replies.