Safari are in stock at Rearz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i just got a notice that they're in, and checked them out online.

http://www.rearz.ca/rearz-spoiled-safari-large-p-1060.html

A "case" (is it just me, or are "cases" half the size they used to be?) of 30 large safari is $100. But looking at them, yes it's another comficare, so at least we know what we're getting. But $3.33 per diaper, by the case, ouch. Well, maaaybe worth it for a look.

Add to cart. Check out. Shipping? what, really? $39 ?? I paid less than that to ship fabines from Germany??? $4.63/diaper by the case. Uh, no. I don't mind paying a bit over the top to support a new line, but no, that's abusive.

By comparison, crinklz were the same price ($99/case, 30/case) and to ship two, Rearz charged me a total of $25. And crinklz look better ;) (Marci usually rocks, tho I see Marci is the Space Diapers artist too! I wonder if these are Marci also?)

Ouch those look cool, but are super expensive.

I can only assume that Rearz believe that in the (temporary, I hope) absence of Crinklz, BFs will be desperate enough to pay any price. Which doesn't seem at all logical to me - yes, I'm a BF, but that doesn't mean I consider a nappy with animals on it to be super babyish. I certainly can't see this being competitive when ABU starts shipping Little Pawz (presuming the same price as Space), and Marci is supposed to be the artist for those too.

I don't think that Marci is the artist for Safari. Her BF art style is analogous to chibi - really big eyes and out of proportion heads, to make them look babyish. The animals on Safari don't look like that, and why would you hire a famous artist for a commercial product, then ask them to work in a style that they aren't known for?

Actually, all the major BF artists that I'm aware of use some form of chibi-style, since it emphasises the babyishness/cuteness of the fursona being depicted. I doubt that Safari was done by a BF artist at all, which does possibly suggest a lack of knowledge/interest in the community.

Last edited:
Akastus said:
I don't think that Marci is the artist for Safari. Her BF art style is analogous to chibi - really big eyes and out of proportion heads, to make them look babyish. The animals on Safari don't look like that, and why would you hire a famous artist for a commercial product, then ask them to work in a style that they aren't known for?

Keep in mind Marci did the art on the ABU Space Diapers. Those look nothing like her usual art. This is not specualtion, Marci McAdams is credited on the outside of the bag. This still surprises me when I see it.

bambinod said:
Keep in mind Marci did the art on the ABU Space Diapers. Those look nothing like her usual art. This is not specualtion, Marci McAdams is credited on the outside of the bag. This still surprises me when I see it.

One possible explanation for that is that they got her in to do Little Pawz, and Space was just a side project. She really couldn't have used her usual style for that since chibi aliens wouldn't fit very well with the whole "fight the aliens" theme.

Actually being in Canada they're not that expensive and they fit better than Crinklez.
But for those who haven't tried Rearz. The bottom tapes aren't the best so have some tape, but in terms of absorbency they are fantastic.

Well at least ABU offers free shipping. When the Spaces are available, they should be $1.95 U.S. including shipping. $4.63 per diaper, even with dollar conversion that's insane.

I just bought two cases of the Kittens from DC Amore, for less than half the price (per unit) of Safari. 'nuff said.

And I'm really getting to like the kittens - they're basically a bellisimo with a super soft inner liner ("cover sheet") and padding that have the capacity of the bellisimo with some of the best wicking I've seen in any diaper to date. (and so soft!)

So, now that we have all this great variety, it's time to see them step up the performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back