• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Drop the bawling about this personal vendetta you seem to think people have regarding you. Seriously. It's getting as old as Betagames pointless threads.
At least some of us here get the point. Nice. :cool:

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Possibly there could be a phrase hidden in the middle of the rules that you have to enter later to be made a member.

Role
Diaper Lover
Sounds like a good idea, but you can't make it quite that strict. It would have to be that if they don't wait, then they will have to do more than what newbies normally have to do.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Why do you want this? What isn't working about what we have now?

Role
Diaper Lover
Why do I want this? Because it isn't me that gets mad at newbies that know nothing of the rules and neg rep them into oblivion so they never return.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
OK, we're going to go back on topic. Drop the rest.

So...
Back to my question:
Why do you want this? What isn't working about what we have now?

Role
Diaper Lover
What we have now works, but it could be better couldn't it.

E404 when I say things that need to be said, bad things happen, but when you do, no one cares?

E

Error404

What we have now works, but it could be better couldn't it.

E404 when I say things that need to be said, bad things happen, but when you do, no one cares?
We have a system that works pretty well, I don't really see a need for such a change in the rules as you suggest, I believe it'd completely cut down on the amount of decent members we'd get.

We have negative reputation, the mods, and the report post button to deal with posts that truly break the rules.

As for our discussion, I don't believe I've ever seen you 'say what's needed', but I may be wrong, it's not like I've read every post you ever make. But, don't get me wrong, I'm an absolute dick, I'm blunt, honest and probably never going to get laid, but it's who I am. If I think someone needs to hear something that will help them improve for the better, I'm going to say it regardless of if it benefits me, whether you wish to listen to that and take heed or completely ignore me is your choice, but at least I voice what many just won't.

I'm not afraid of negative rep or even of being banned for my opinions, it's just how I am. Perhaps people here value my words sometimes because they, unlike me, DON'T want negative rep or a ban of any kind, and who can blame them? Having a scapegoat like me say it for them is just a rare convenience. People like Pojo, Shodai, Rance and myself, I believe. exist for improvement, never letting 'enough be enough' until the limits have been reached. If you really have a problem with my opinions, feel free to go ahead and send me a insulting PM. I'll read it, laugh for a little while that you actually gave a damn, then carry on with my life.

Role
Diaper Lover
The way you are is no problem with me, the problem I have, which you seem to call a personal vendetta, is the fact that if I say something that needs to be said, I get ass pwnd, you however, do not. :D I guess It is just that life isn't fair, and this website has its faults.

E

Error404

The way you are is no problem with me, the problem I have, which you seem to call a personal vendetta, is the fact that if I say something that needs to be said, I get ass pwnd, you however, do not. :D I guess It is just that life isn't fair, and this website has its faults.
Not at all, seriously though, no one has a vendetta against you, so drop that thought, completely.

As for me 'getting away with it', you need to be a dick in a certain way, are you insulting people when you say something truthful? Why not go ahead and PM the members you seem to think dislike you?

As far as things go, I have no problem with you, but when you repetively bring up this community as one that personally attacks a single person for the sake of it, I'm going to point you out for it, because you are generalizing us all as cruel heartless bastards with nothing better to do, even if that is the case for some of us, I guarantee that no singular group of people has gone out of their way to say "Yeah, so this Mr. Alex dude, lets bully him out of the forums, I'll form a group and we can work against him together', it's just not who we are and it's far to much effort to attack a single person over nothing.

This community is one of excellence, we thrive on the fact we share mutual interests and equality of mindset.
We also have honest bastards who keep those who against what we are in check, I happen to be one of them. If you go against the community saying they have a vendetta against you, you end up only contradicting yourself when you try to point out someone for an error of themselves.

What I'm trying to say I guess, if you're going to be a wolf, be a wolf, if you're going to be a sheep, be a sheep, but don't be a wolf in sheeps' clothing, you're only going to get yourself in trouble or hurt.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I haven't really read the whole thread, but I will say this:

It would be nice if the thread that contains the rules was easier to get to, perhaps in the bars at the top of the screen (where User CP and Blogs are).
I'm surprised that a few people have said they haven't read the rules yet... You really should.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm surprised that a few people have said they haven't read the rules yet... You really should.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the site hasn't read them, since I'm guessing they are like the rules on other sites...If they aren't, then I bet they are at least common sense

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I can sum up all of the rules in one sentence: "Don't be retarded." That basically accounts for most of the written rules here, and maybe a few unwritten ones as well. One of my teachers used to have the "one-second rule", where you had to think about something for one second before saying it. If it was something stupid, then you weren't supposed to say it. As it turned out, one second wasn't enough, but you get the idea: actually consciously thinking about things before you do them can save you a lot of strife down the road.

Like Pojo said, most of the rules are just common sense. While there are a few little quirks people have with specific things (it used to be reviving topics older than a few days), it's usually not too hard to understand those after a few weeks or so.

Role
Diaper Lover
I think the rules are spread out in the FAQ, and none of them says rules. We need to put them all into one, IMO.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think the rules are spread out in the FAQ, and none of them says rules. We need to put them all into one, IMO.
Maybe like this?

http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html

It's funny to me how much the discussion has wound up skirting around the rules that many don't seem to have read. They're hardly the massive, intimidating legalese that some seem to expect. For the most part, they do pretty much come down to "don't be a jerk".

Just to throw an on-topic aspect to this, I don't think the original suggestion would be very productive. People are either interested in these kinds of things or they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.