Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Are people who click on the site as well as people who are just making their accounts FORCED to look at the rules? If not, we could solve a few problems.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Are people who click on the site as well as people who are just making their accounts FORCED to look at the rules? If not, we could solve a few problems.

Most sites have a thing where you have to agree to the terms and all that...But who honestly reads them?

Role
Diaper Lover
Few, they tend to be long, and have no motivation to read them. Red text, must read, must linger on page for 45 seconds or will be temp banned, if this is possible that is.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
I haven't read the rules yet, I don't intend to. If I were forced to ''read'' the rules I'd just overlook the page just as I do on every other website I visit, I didn't on TBDL either, it's all common sense.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I glanced at them, but didn't really read them. Usually most rules are the same as any other website.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes, there is a link to the rules that in reality ½ of ¾ of the community reads reads them before signing up.
Most sites have a thing where you have to agree to the terms and all that...But who honestly reads them?
I glanced at them, but didn't really read them. Usually most rules are the same as any other website.
Few, they tend to be long, and have no motivation to read them. Red text, must read, must linger on page for 45 seconds or will be temp banned, if this is possible that is.
Yes, that is why i did not read them when i signed up they're all the same on every site.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There is no way you can "force" someone to look at rules. It's like those ads, that stay on your screen for a minute before you can look at the next page, I never look at them, I switch to another page for a minute.

A lot of them are common sense, and if someone doesn't read them, that is there fault, now isn't it? If I decided I'm going to come here and lie about my age, then I get banned I can't exactly throw a hissy fit now can I? It was in the rules, just because I'm too lazy to look over them doesn't make me exempt from them.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
By signing up you agree that you have read the rules and understand them. Whether you do or not, just by signing up you say you know them. So if you do something against the rules you know you can be punished for it. It's the same as the law. By living in a country you're expected to know the law. If you don't it won't make any difference in court because you are expected to know the law.

Role
Diaper Lover
All of your responses make sense, and are pretty much what I thought I would get. Anyway, I think an add system would be a good added annoyance for the rules, make them short and sweet, would help, aka no scroll bar on the side.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Maybe when you're moderated you should have to go to a confirm page every time you make a post with the rules on it.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Maybe when you're moderated you should have to go to a confirm page every time you make a post with the rules on it.

I don't think that would get people to read it...If I was moderated and had to go through that, I just wouldn't even bother posting anymore, or I would just find it really annoying having to agree to everything every time I wanted to post

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I thought when you were moderated the mods had to approve your posts... or am I wrong?

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
So what would be the point of having a moderated person shown the rules, if when they attempted to post something against the rules it wouldn't be posted?

Role
Diaper Lover
We will see what Moo does for this, I'm headed for moderated status, I'll hit it before end of summer possibly.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't think that would get people to read it...If I was moderated and had to go through that, I just wouldn't even bother posting anymore, or I would just find it really annoying having to agree to everything every time I wanted to post
Yes, isnt it enough that i cant access some areas of the site, gets posts approved by mods, cant go to the regulars forum, cant use features in my signature, cant access profiles and send PMs

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Don't you think that's a bit strict?

E

Error404

We will see what Moo does for this, I'm headed for moderated status, I'll hit it before end of summer possibly.
Drop the bawling about this personal vendetta you seem to think people have regarding you. Seriously. It's getting as old as Betagames pointless threads.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Drop the bawling about this personal vendetta you seem to think people have regarding you. Seriously. It's getting as old as Betagames pointless threads.
Haha... I was thinking the same thing. I just didn't have the balls to say it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.