Rules for a Little Weekend?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Messages
816
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Me and my Girlfriend have talked about for awhile doing a little weekend. Not totally sure when we will get the chance but, for one weekend we want to keep her in diapers and keep her in little space up until Sunday night. We thought it would be fun to incorporate some rules into the whole thing but honestly I can only think of two and could use some help coming up with some more fun restrictions. We are gonna go over the list together and try and add some more ideas to it but for now we could use some help getting started.

Rule 1: She must refer to me as Daddy, nothing else.
Rule 2: She is not allowed to change her self.
Rule 3: Bathrooms are off limits.

Other than the basic stuff with something like this, what else could we add to keep the little space vibe going? What else could we try to restrict to add to that mental headspace?
 
  • Like
Reactions: russell100
You could make a list of things she isn't allowed to do without your supervision! Like, touching anything in the kitchen, brushing her teeth, etc.

Also, maybe any clothes she wears has to be picked out by you, and you must help her put them on?
 
  • Like
Reactions: BabyLink9
LadyOfTintagel said:
You could make a list of things she isn't allowed to do without your supervision! Like, touching anything in the kitchen, brushing her teeth, etc.

Also, maybe any clothes she wears has to be picked out by you, and you must help her put them on?
I like the idea of her not allowed to do things without supervision. That seems pretty fun tbh! I’ll have to ask her about it. Picking out clothes also seems like a great idea :)
 
This is a fun one I set myself last time I had a little weekend: No coffee or tea allowed. :coffee:o_O Instead, you're only allowed to drink water, milk, and apple juice, and it must be drank from a baby bottle or sippy cup. If she's a coffee zombie, make sure keep the pacifier nearby!

Another good one, that I always set for myself: Only allowed to consume content for toddlers. So no news, movies and TV-shows for big adults, no social media etc. Instead, you'll watch toddler TV-shows like Sesame Street, and play with toddler toys. It really helps me get deep into little space, and its just good for mental health anyway to take a break from these things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sonadam9 and BabyLink9
DiaperedElmo said:
This is a fun one I set myself last time I had a little weekend: No coffee or tea allowed. :coffee:o_O Instead, you're only allowed to drink water, milk, and apple juice, and it must be drank from a baby bottle or sippy cup. If she's a coffee zombie, make sure keep the pacifier nearby!

Another good one, that I always set for myself: Only allowed to consume content for toddlers. So no news, movies and TV-shows for big adults, no social media etc. Instead, you'll watch toddler TV-shows like Sesame Street, and play with toddler toys. It really helps me get deep into little space, and its just good for mental health anyway to take a break from these things.
She’s not super into coffee so not super sure she’d play into that one very much. But I love the idea of no adult media. We talked about watching childhood movies, maybe no phones for the weekend, or no social media would be a great idea.
 
BabyLink9 said:
She’s not super into coffee so not super sure she’d play into that one very much. But I love the idea of no adult media. We talked about watching childhood movies, maybe no phones for the weekend, or no social media would be a great idea.
Think of it as whatever any other parent does. Don't do this half way. A child is a child, so no social media, cell phone, or adult habits (smoking, alcohol, substance use, sexual stimulation, swearing, etc) If she wants to return to being a grownup, then the scenario is terminated.
If she's potty training, remind her to go as needed. You'll need to cook for her and cut up her food into little pieces. Don't forget the bib.
Bedtime should be at a reasonable hour, and you can read her a story when she's tucked in. Limit her electronics time (tv, computer games), she can do coloring books, draw, or craft things instead.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: BabyLink9
I just realized this and me and her have talked about this but never really had a specific answer to it. But determining her little age would really help put into place the level of activities we’d try. When asking her in the past she pretty much had an idk answer. Anyone have any good ideas on how to go about that and help nail that down?
 
Maybe try a few different things related to different age categories and see how she feels after each activity. Depending on how she reacts to what you have planned can help determine narrowing down the little age.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BabyLink9
Create a schedule and stick to it. Wake up time, nap time, snack time, story time, free playtime, activity time (drawing, coloring books etc.). Set a healthy menu and stick to that even if there is fussing (food always causes fussing) I suggest Dino-Buddies for the protein of the meal. Fun shaped chicken nuggets. I could refer my wife that may be able to tell you about a lesson plan type activity. Perhaps sensory play with water, sand, play doh etc.
Just some thoughts have fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BabyLink9
I for-sure want to make a schedule and keep her too it. I think the more she is involved in that aspect of it the more I can keep her in the head space. She loves to paint so maybe a good idea is to do finger painting or something?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bohunk
BabyLink9 said:
I for-sure want to make a schedule and keep her too it. I think the more she is involved in that aspect of it the more I can keep her in the head space. She loves to paint so maybe a good idea is to do finger painting or something?
Great idea with the finger painting.
 
Have a fun outing like to the park, zoo, aquarium, or something else like that. She is a little so you need to help her into to the back seat and make sure to secure her seatbelt for her.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nappybaby
ORBaby said:
Have a fun outing like to the park, zoo, aquarium, or something else like that. She is a little so you need to help her into to the back seat and make sure to secure her seatbelt for her.
My biggest worry about taking her out and about, would be changing diapers out in public or her being afraid to go out in public.
 
Walking on knees, so she’s not as tall as when she’s an adult. For myself, I have locking spike-lined bootees, so I have to walk on my knees or crawl, as standing is impossible.

Finger painting is a great idea; and of course, she will have to have her hands washed for her.

Being on the floor to play with toys: either lying on tummy, or sitting cross-legged. I find this more childish than sitting on a chair, and children can fall off chairs.

Sensory play is a big one for me. I love being made to guess what I'm touching, smelling, tasting, or hearing, with my eyes covered so there is no cheating. I'm often blindfolded during little time: when I can't see, it gets me in little headspace, makes me feel dependent, and makes my imagination run wild, especially if I'm listening to a story, and can imagine that I'm in it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nappybaby
LittleMaya said:
Think of it as whatever any other parent does. Don't do this half way. A child is a child, so no social media, cell phone, or adult habits (smoking, alcohol, substance use, sexual stimulation, swearing, etc) If she wants to return to being a grownup, then the scenario is terminated.
If she's potty training, remind her to go as needed. You'll need to cook for her and cut up her food into little pieces. Don't forget the bib.
Bedtime should be at a reasonable hour, and you can read her a story when she's tucked in. Limit her electronics time (tv, computer games), she can do coloring books, draw, or craft things instead.
exactly this! i would love this. you could make her wear pull ups and check it every hour or two
 
She may use a pacifier whenever she wants and may remove it when she wants, BUT if you put it in her mouth, it must stay in until YOU remove it...
 
  • Like
Reactions: WillFord384 and nappybaby
Back
Top