• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

RTS vs RPG vs FPS vs anything else

What is the best Genre of game???

• RTS

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • RPG

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • FPS

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredder92

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Which genre of computer game do you feel is best?

RTS = Real Time Strategy, such as Age Of Empires, Command and Conquer, Black And White, Total War games etc.

RPG = Role Playing Game, such as Final Fantasy, Grandia, Dark Cloud, the newer mario games

FPS = First Person Shooter, such as COD, James Bond, Halo

Any Other = Arcade, screen Scrolling, third person shooters (Metal Gear Solid)

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Can't really choose one over the other, so I'm going to pop into the middle and say..

Platforming.

I mean, without side-scrolling platforming games, where would we be? Nowhere!

B

Butterfly Mage

For me, the Diablo/Sacred RPG format of "click... Click... Click... Kill... Kill... Kill..." Has always been a winner for me. What's better than killing the monsters, stealing its treasure, selling the treasure, buying cool stuff, then leveling up? :)

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
FPS ALL THE WAY!!!
Though I still like GTA and End War.
And don't forget NFS, GT ect ect.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
RPGs are better~
They have story and environment.
Other types of games are just competitions and skill testers.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
How can you forget Driving/Racing simulations? Those are definately tops on my list.

Though Civilizations, Fable, and Halo have their places too.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
rpgs are the best.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What do you actually do in and RPG, to me an RPG is something you use in an FPS or TPS to blow shit up.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
what about FPS combined with RPG elements?

Anyways it's impossible to say one is better then the other since they all have there own pro's and cons.

However what is possible to say is Halo is not the best FPS ever nor ever was the best at one time. :p

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
FPS & RTS Games Are My Favourite, But I Like Some RPG's.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've always prefered RTS games, or even turn based ones. I really love games with an immense level of detail to fathom, but also that can be played pretty comfortably without all the detail and stuff. I find that turn based strategy lends itself to this.

Furthermore most RTSs are tactical, not strategic games. With turn based ones you get proper deep strategy and I find that really fun. I often find I don't think things through enough, I react too impulsively or too short sightedly, but slowly I am learning. My only problem with these games is that I find them hard to play the distance.

I don't like RPGs as much because I find them limiting. Whatever the creator does there will be something I want to do that I can't. I really don't like most FPSs, though stealth-em-ups and puzzler ones aren't so bad. I am crap at them to.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've always prefered RTS games, or even turn based ones. I really love games with an immense level of detail to fathom, but also that can be played pretty comfortably without all the detail and stuff. I find that turn based strategy lends itself to this.

Furthermore most RTSs are tactical, not strategic games. With turn based ones you get proper deep strategy and I find that really fun. I often find I don't think things through enough, I react too impulsively or too short sightedly, but slowly I am learning. My only problem with these games is that I find them hard to play the distance.

I don't like RPGs as much because I find them limiting. Whatever the creator does there will be something I want to do that I can't. I really don't like most FPSs, though stealth-em-ups and puzzler ones aren't so bad. I am crap at them to.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ewww, people voted fps....ewwwww. RPG all the way!

Anybody who voted other is okay too.

mark

Contributor
Role
Babyfur
hmmm I've gotta say the best genera is the super rare MMOPRTSRPG - Massive Mulitplayer Online Persistent Real Time Strategy Role Playing Game - Its a hybrid genera and I've only seen one: dreamlords the reawakening. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.