• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

RSS feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doodle

back in the old tbdl forums there was a little known, little used rss readable output for the new posts so that you could get the newest posts sent to your rss news feed reader via rss2
i think it would be awsome if that were reintroduced
there is even a blank space holder for such a function at
http://www.adisc.org/forum/external.php?type=RSS2

anyways just an idea would love to see what everyone else thinks about it
-doodle

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hm, yeah that could be cool. Though I have a feeling that many people here have never used RSS :p.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I had no idea the old forums had that feature, but I would definitely use it. You can do so much with RSS feeds...

F

FullMetal

I remember those, they were good if you missed out on something, but I could do without. I mean, I used it before and it would be good for people, but I have no preference. But awesome that you remember that, I would have never. I have a bad memory :(

FullMetal

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Those of you who are wondering how to use an RSS feed or why it could be useful:

RSS is a way of condensing news into "feeds" that all come in to one place. Kind of like e-mail notifications, but more anonymous and designed for larger amounts of data. An RSS feed might be used on a news site like Slashdot or a forum like ADISC where there are announcements or news updates that you want to see in a desktop client along with all your other news. In addition, RSS feeds all share the same interface and are very semantic in their structure, meaning they're very much "just the meat and potatoes, ma'am" and not the fluff of the full website.

Most web browsers can show RSS feeds. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Safari all have fairly good RSS support. There are also desktop clients such as liferea (the LInux FEed REAder) and SmartRSS for the your jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch. To add an RSS feed, give your RSS client the URL (this is ADISC's) and it'll grab the feed from the website. If you're familiar with XML, you'll like RSS since RSS feeds are in XML format.

--Danny :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.