RPG Maker experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
This is a premature unveiling of the super secret project I've been working on. A DL RPG. Nothing fancy.

Thing is, my less than notable coding skills are holding me back. Online tutorials don't help at all. I'm a writer, not a game designer.

If anyone who's experienced in RPG Maker 2003 can help me, that'd be cool. Basicaly, I'm trying to create a clock that begins ticking down when you choose an option in one of the first main conversations you have with an NPC.
And then it displays certain messages when it reaches certain times.

Anyone who has played CS_Fox's Weston Academy game (you can find it on Fox Tales Times) knows what I'm talking about. Depending on what the player chooses in the beginning of the game - "Yes, I have wetting problems" or "No, I don't" - An invisible timer begins ticking down, displaying a message at different intervals (such as: "I have to use the washroom").

Thing is, for some reason on the Fox Tales forum, I can't pm CS to ask him personaly. So, if anyone proficient in RPG maker can figure it out, or explain to me how to make something like that, it'd be cool.

I don't expect to get many answers, but you never know.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
to make this will take a good amount of money to do. They est. that the RPG Runescape cost them $15 million to make. I have some HTML and Java skills, but can't make an RPG.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
to make this will take a good amount of money to do. They est. that the RPG Runescape cost them $15 million to make. I have some HTML and Java skills, but can't make an RPG.
You've got me all wrong. RPG Maker is a downloadable program that, for the most part, does all the programing for you.

It costs, like, 60$.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Not as flexible as Game Maker, though.

But I'm pretty sure you can use the Common Events or something in the Database to start the countdown. When a certain button is set on, it would start a timer (not sure how) and when it hits 0 it would display the "I have to use the washroom" crap.

I'd need to re-download RPG Maker if you need more precisions.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Some people make games all on their own. It doesn't cost them millions of dollars. It can actually be pretty cheap or even free. It just often takes a very long amount of time and effort.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Whoa, that takes me back. The old RPG maker programs (95, 2000, 2003 and XP) were pretty much an obsession for me years ago. Made quite a few nifty little games on there.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Whoa, that takes me back. The old RPG maker programs (95, 2000, 2003 and XP) were pretty much an obsession for me years ago. Made quite a few nifty little games on there.
I was pretty crazy about them back in the day too. Course, I was too young to actually make anything.

DarkSun: I've tried delving into the Common Events page, and something like that could work. Only problem is, that I can't figure out how to make a switch for when the timer meets, say, 50 seconds and displays a message.

Anyway, I'm having fun experimenting with switches and events. It won't be long till I get the hang of this. Still, any more help would be appreciated (from anyone). I'll be able to complete the game without any help, but it'll just be faster if someone lends a hand.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Being the idiot I am, I didn't relaise I could upload CS_Fox's gam directly into RPG Maker. >_<

So now I can just study his work from the inside and figure out a similar system for my own game. It's gonna be a lot of work, though.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've played around with RPGMaker2003 a little, tore up some ABDL games on FTT. If you're having trouble in an area or would like some collab work, feel free to ask me. I can't claim to be an expert, but code in general is very easy to manipulate.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
IMO RPG maker XP is the best choice. The scripting system (RGSS I think) is great and the map tools are a billion times better than the crappy "VX" one.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
IMO RPG maker XP is the best choice. The scripting system (RGSS I think) is great and the map tools are a billion times better than the crappy "VX" one.
I was playin around with XP. Seemed a thousand times better than 2003. But I don't have the money for it.

Have yet to try VX.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
XP lacks the customization of 2000. 2003 too, seeing as you'd also need battle sprites.
You'll always find a lot of resources for 2000. There are even character creators where you can browse a selection of body parts and assemble them to form a sprite. There are also character face makers, although they do work on any version really.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
XP lacks the customization of 2000. 2003 too, seeing as you'd also need battle sprites.
You'll always find a lot of resources for 2000. There are even character creators where you can browse a selection of body parts and assemble them to form a sprite. There are also character face makers, although they do work on any version really.
XP is better for the simple fact you can add your own scripts to it. Sure, 2003 might have a tom of graphics options, but from a purely gameplay standpoint, XP is above and beyond. Add crafting systems, in game clocks, totally new battle and menu systems... It's just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.