Round pacifiers in a store/ Nuk 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I have always bought the flat/ orthodontic pacifiers because, until about a week ago, I thought they were the only kind.

I eventually want to get a Nuk 5, but until then I would like to get a cheap round one from the store (to save on shipping).

Anyone know of stores that carry round ones?

Also, the cheapest I've seen for a Nuk 5 is $17.75. Anyone know of any cheaper places?

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
id say that that is very cheap for a nuk 5, watch out though, a 5 can be a bit big for some people.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Unfortunately, Round pacifiers (as far as I know) are a bit of a rarity since orthodontic ones flood the market. Personally, I absolutely *love* round pacifiers compared to the orthodontic ones. Sadly, there isn't a "Nuk 5" version for round ones.

As for where to find them, well, best bet would be to shop around and look for them. Try looking for the "Tomee Tipee" brand, they're the only other well known brand I've seen that sells in the U.S. Other than that, well... just search around, you should find one eventually.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i vouch for that, tommee tippee value comforters are 'round teat/cherry teat', but are more a rounded off square in cross section

and kraiden, whats about the largest size we could find in normal places lke supermarkets and pharmacies? and btw is the '12-18 monts' size a NuK 3??

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
and kraiden, whats about the largest size we could find in normal places lke supermarkets and pharmacies? and btw is the '12-18 monts' size a NuK 3??
Err, not too sure about the size categories for the Nuk pacifiers, but most pacifier brands "max out" sizes around the 12 month mark.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Unfortunately, Round pacifiers (as far as I know) are a bit of a rarity since orthodontic ones flood the market.
Yes, back when our kids were babies in the mid/late '80s you could readily find round pacis in both latex and silicone. The silicone came with either hollow or solid core. I *think* we used round for both our kids. I remember once we switched to an orthodontic paci for our daughter and she didn't like it one bit! So we switched back to round ones. You have to do a bit of shopping around, but round ones can still be found, though usually in the smaller size. I do think the NUK 3 is labeled either 12+ months or 12 to 18 months from what I remember when I bought my last one.

~Pramrider

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
in the us Nuk 3's are the biggest ones you'll find in stores.
some ab/dl site online carry the Nuk 5's but their about $13 to $20.00 plus shipping

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
So you can get Nuk 3's in stores?? = 0 Awesome.

I'll look for that brand, and search Wal-Mart/ Target and all the other places I go again. I have probably seen them, but since I wasn't looking for them, I didn't pay any mind. ^^

timmywimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I've never seen a Nuk 5 in a store here in the UK - I think I'm right in saying that they were originally designed as a therapeutic aid in speech re-training for people who have, for whatever reason, suffered brain damage. So the shape is medically determined - round ones don't do the do. As for whether Nuk 5s are too big, I would be astonished to hear of an adult whose mouth was too small to deal with one. And lastly, as to the price - here in the UK I wouldn't expect to pay less than about £10, so $17.75 is a perfectly reasonable price. They're nice - they do deliver something better than the biggest child's pacifier - but personally I would like it if the teats were slightly stiffer. But hey!

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've never seen a Nuk 5 in a store here in the UK - I think I'm right in saying that they were originally designed as a therapeutic aid in speech re-training for people who have, for whatever reason, suffered brain damage. So the shape is medically determined - round ones don't do the do. As for whether Nuk 5s are too big, I would be astonished to hear of an adult whose mouth was too small to deal with one. And lastly, as to the price - here in the UK I wouldn't expect to pay less than about £10, so $17.75 is a perfectly reasonable price. They're nice - they do deliver something better than the biggest child's pacifier - but personally I would like it if the teats were slightly stiffer. But hey!
The only thing I think I'd dislike about the Nuk 5's would be the orthodontic teat. As appealing as an adult sized pacifier sounds, I still prefer the round variety, simply because there's... well, more area in your mouth that's filled, and they're much easier to suck on and keep in your mouth.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Wal-Mart it is! (for starters ^_^ )

We're going on vacation, so I'll look at all the Wal-Marts there too. = D

Status
Not open for further replies.