Room temperature, killing my electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
crap.jpg

In this "room" my computer reaches 70 degree Celsius IDLE, funny thing is it's not a thermal paste issue, nor is it a heat sink issue.

The issue lies in my room, I've had mobile phones completely die due to this hot room, My last laptop died due to the same temperature readings roughly, every computer I've had in this room, reaches roughly the same temperatures in summer.

There isn't much I can do "airflow wise" has three fans in the case, just touching the case burns my hands, surprised this PC hasn't died.

Keeps shutting off randomly, I've looked into the issue, and it's not heatsink or thermal paste related, it's all attached perfectly, reapply thermal paste. looks like I've got to look into water cooling or something #LOL

GPU and CPU are roughly the same temp, atm because it's colder the CPU is 54 degrees, GPU is 55 degrees.

This is just one of many issues.

Obviously. Almost all modern electronics are designed with the assumption of being used and stored at room temperature, and with decent air flow.

The random computer shut off is likely the built-in thermal overload protection. Without it the computer would have died a long time ago. With it constantly kicking in, it will likely die soon. Better start budgeting for a new one now.

I had a laptop... actually, I think two... that overheated and shut off during the summer. Usually when I was trying to play games on 85F+ days. We didn't have AC except in one room, so the house got pretty hot... and laptop even hotter. I used to use those same temp monitoring programs. xD My PC now is well cooled and my room doesn't get that hot during the summer. And my current laptop is cheap, but I don't generally play games on it, except remotely. I'm using a different temp monitoring program now too.

Do you have a stock heatsink? Although, like you said, if the room's temperature is that hot, then even a top of the line air cooler may not be enough. But maybe the PC will be okay if you hurry to add a liquid cooler. However... what about the GPU?

Make sure your electronics are properly dusted on the inside, take them apart and clean out any dust or lint.

these build ups, even in the form of a thin film, GRAB heat and act as insulation.

If your device is shutting off repeatedly, or quickly, you may consider checking that there is not dust/lint in the casing, vents, fans etc. etc.

MommyandMattling said:
Make sure your electronics are properly dusted on the inside, take them apart and clean out any dust or lint.

these build ups, even in the form of a thin film, GRAB heat and act as insulation.

If your device is shutting off repeatedly, or quickly, you may consider checking that there is not dust/lint in the casing, vents, fans etc. etc.

The computer is as clean s you get, I actually have the side of the case off, because I'm often "tinkering with it" and don't really have side on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back