Feedback Requested Role play forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfinBeachBum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey, I just earned EC and was hoping to find the Roleplay forum up and running. It didn't appear, and I was a bit confused. After doing a search, I had found it, but there was no option to post and the most recent thread was from December. I assumed it was closed, but there was no article on why it closed, so I'm curious. It seemed like it was due to lack of decent Roleplays going on. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind getting it started again.. I was pretty experienced back when it was a thing.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hey, I just earned EC and was hoping to find the Roleplay forum up and running. It didn't appear, and I was a bit confused. After doing a search, I had found it, but there was no option to post and the most recent thread was from December. I assumed it was closed, but there was no article on why it closed, so I'm curious. It seemed like it was due to lack of decent Roleplays going on. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind getting it started again.. I was pretty experienced back when it was a thing.

Here you go:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/78408-Stories-amp-RP?highlight=role+play+forum

EDIT: This isn't the most recent thread, or the one declaring the actual closure of the forum. Whoops! But alas, my search-fu isn't strong enough to find the one you're looking for. I might keep looking.

Suffice it to say, though, it was closed for a combination of reasons including lack of use and lack of moderation, among other things. It had been on the chopping block several times before finally getting axed.

Last edited:

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I honestly hadn't really noticed it was gone...

Legolas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Here you go:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/78408-Stories-amp-RP?highlight=role+play+forum

EDIT: This isn't the most recent thread, or the one declaring the actual closure of the forum. Whoops! But alas, my search-fu isn't strong enough to find the one you're looking for. I might keep looking.

Suffice it to say, though, it was closed for a combination of reasons including lack of use and lack of moderation, among other things. It had been on the chopping block several times before finally getting axed.

Thanks for the link!

I completely agree with Moo in that ADISC is a support site first and foremost. I'm not saying this to throw shade at RPers, but I definitely think that a site specifically suited for RPing would do a better job than ADISC for all the reasons Moo listed.

SurfinBeachBum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I understand the argument, but there was no better place to meet people than the RP forum. I had made legitimate friends there and enjoyed my time there a lot. While on the rest of the site, I got to talk and enjoy myself, but I can't say I became good friends, or even friends at all, with anyone.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I understand the argument, but there was no better place to meet people than the RP forum. I had made legitimate friends there and enjoyed my time there a lot. While on the rest of the site, I got to talk and enjoy myself, but I can't say I became good friends, or even friends at all, with anyone.

I don't think it would be against the rules to start an RP thread in Forum Fun, though. Does there need to be a separate forum?

The idea of meeting people in RP threads is interesting. I would think you'd get a better sense of a person from the posts where they aren't assuming a made-up role, but then I'm not an RP-er, so I probably don't get it.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I don't think it would be against the rules to start an RP thread in Forum Fun, though. Does there need to be a separate forum?

The idea of meeting people in RP threads is interesting. I would think you'd get a better sense of a person from the posts where they aren't assuming a made-up role, but then I'm not an RP-er, so I probably don't get it.

I guess it must work for some people, but I would think the same. I wound up in a brief RP relationship by happenstance with someone I didn't know well and one of my takeaways was that I didn't know that person any better by the time it was done. Not for me.

Zelikababy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other

I love the idea of somewhere to rp, I've only skimmed this post xD But I would simply like to point out -If that's okay- that, for some, like me, you get to know me better through Rp then anything else, I find it easier to show my true colors when assuming a made up character, then being my own person. As I don't talk about myself easily.

HoganBunny

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
The forum was removed due to disuse.

The roleplay forum has been a source of controversy for years, going back to when it was first added. Literally the very first thread made there was complaining about its existence. I just can't see it being brought back, all things considered.

That said, certainly, a thread in forum fun or a roleplay group would be okay.

Here you go:

There wasn't a public thread when Moo removed it, which occurred a few months ago. I'm actually surprised that it is accessible in any way; I thought Moo had hard-deleted the content or made it Moo-only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.