Rock Band 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I made this thread so anyone getting Rock Band 2 can find other people to join their band(s) for Online Band World Tour and Battle of the Bands, other people to challenge to a score duel or tug-o-war, and/or even put together a temporary band for online quickplay.

My gamertag is YoungNastyman88

I'll play any instrument, and am willing to switch off at any time or stick to one instrument throughout. I am hoping to find other expert players, although I don't mind playing with any lower difficulty players (It is a game after all, and I am looking to have fun, not conquer the leaderboards)

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I haven't really looked into Rock Band 2 so I have NOOOOO idea what is going on with it, but I might get it, although I'm trying not to buy anything because Guitar Hero 4 costs A LOT!!!

Anyways, I'm more of a guitar Hero fan, Rock Band is WAYYYYYYYYY to easy for me, and it doesn't do hammer-ons very well =/

I'm hoping that the drums for Guitar Hero 4 won't be in the game to much, I don't like the drums for Rock Band and never will -.-.

How much is the new Rock Band btw?

brantxman

Contributor
I might get that game soon. Right now, I am sticking to the first Rock Band. I play the drums and guitar on hard.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I play the Guitar on Expert, can play every song I've ever played on rock band on expert.

I play medium on Drums, hey I only really started playing them yesterday when I went to my friends house XD.

They are fun, but DEF not as fun as playing the guitar.

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Gamestop has the bundle priced the same as GHWT at $189.99, however Harmonix hasn't given an actual price or date on it. Game only will be 59.99 and be released on Sept 30th

and here are all the facts on it so far:

Rock Band 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

too much info for one post seeing as they announced all the info on it at E3 including the whole on disc setlist, minus the free 20 song pack consisting of songs they couldn't fit on the disc.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I haven't really looked into Rock Band 2 so I have NOOOOO idea what is going on with it, but I might get it, although I'm trying not to buy anything because Guitar Hero 4 costs A LOT!!!

Anyways, I'm more of a guitar Hero fan, Rock Band is WAYYYYYYYYY to easy for me, and it doesn't do hammer-ons very well =/

I'm hoping that the drums for Guitar Hero 4 won't be in the game to much, I don't like the drums for Rock Band and never will -.-.

How much is the new Rock Band btw?
You're hammer-ons don't work because they're more accurate than guitar hero. You don't get an extra second to hit the note. Also, play Blackened, Thrasher, Ride the Lightning, Afterlife, and then Snow (Hey Oh), and tell me if Rock Band is too easy.

I'm getting the Ion Drum kit hopefully. Drums are so much more fun than guitar when you play expert for both. Neil Peart Fills = <3333

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think I would get rock band but right now I only have a Wii and a gaming PC. Really all I want are the drums and guitar.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
You're hammer-ons don't work because they're more accurate than guitar hero. You don't get an extra second to hit the note. Also, play Blackened, Thrasher, Ride the Lightning, Afterlife, and then Snow (Hey Oh), and tell me if Rock Band is too easy.

I'm getting the Ion Drum kit hopefully. Drums are so much more fun than guitar when you play expert for both. Neil Peart Fills = <3333
No my hammer ons don't work because I could never see them, then when I did they usually weren't very useful.

And I think I've already done Hey Oh and gotten like a 93%. Not sure though, my friend didn't have all the songs but he did have most of them.

pixel

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Hm... I never really liked Guitar Hero-esque games. Perhaps that's because I'm awful at them, and play guitar as well :p

Oh well, people can enjoy whatever they like.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like guitar hero as a fun game, but I really detest it's glorification.

It's more fun, more of a challenge, and MORE rewarding, to pick up the guitar or any other instrument (incl Vocals), and start a REAL band.

But it takes time, and people these days seem to want things right here right now.

Either way, tastes are subjective.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Rock Band Wii is crap due to the lack of features.

However, if I had the money, I'd probably buy it, but I also want to get the Track Pack.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Rock Band Wii is crap due to the lack of features.

However, if I had the money, I'd probably buy it, but I also want to get the Track Pack.
I heard that the Wii version of RB2 would get DLC. Might just be a dumb rumor, I don't know.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I am definitely picking up Rock Band 2 over GHWT. I miss the challenge presented in Guitar Hero games, but the amount of downloadable-content available for Rock Band makes up for it - and some of the higher-tier songs for Rock Band are pretty hard.

But I will most likely be looking for a band to play with. I am damn good on guitar (I have gotten 5 stars on Expert on every song in the careers of Guitar Hero 2 and 3, and Rock Band).

I can also play Hard drums, and Hard vocals (some Expert).

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I heard that the Wii version of RB2 would get DLC. Might just be a dumb rumor, I don't know.
DLC has not yet been announced for RB2 on the wii as of now that I know of but I know that it will be on the new guitar hero for the wii.

And you say that guitar hero doesn't present a challenge but Rock Band is wwwwaaaayyyyy easier than guitar hero 3. Oh wait i misread that wrong, and the new GH will have the most songs to date on realease date than any other song game out there, plus you can buy more online over time.

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the new GH will have the most songs to date on realease date than any other song game out there, plus you can buy more online over time.
Did you mean RB?

Rock Band 2 will have 84 on disc and a free 20 song pack download on launch day cause they couldn't fit them on the disc, so thats 104, GHWT on disc = 85. And as far as DLC is concerned, Activision has been lacking, DLC once a month with either one song or a 3-pack, whereas RB has over 200 songs to date since launch and will have over 500 by the end of the year, and all the RB1 DLC will work with RB2, whereas GH3 DLC will not work with GHWT.

soooo yeah

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Actually it's somewhere in the 90's btw and still it has more songs on release date even if that is true, I'm talking about songs on the disc not online, those don't count as on release date because you have to download them.

And it's ESTIMATED to be in the 90's they haven't actually released the full set list, or the songs that will be on it.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I am definitely picking up Rock Band 2 over GHWT. I miss the challenge presented in Guitar Hero games, but the amount of downloadable-content available for Rock Band makes up for it - and some of the higher-tier songs for Rock Band are pretty hard.

But I will most likely be looking for a band to play with. I am damn good on guitar (I have gotten 5 stars on Expert on every song in the careers of Guitar Hero 2 and 3, and Rock Band).

I can also play Hard drums, and Hard vocals (some Expert).
My man, we have something to do together now. I played Rock Band for about 10 hours with a friend before going on Solo Tour, and on one play through I got 5 stars on everything but Run To The Hills, and gold-starred about 23/58. Dan and I are hardcore waiting for RB2, mostly for the songs and the less-strict band system. We seriously have to play together :D

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
bump, I will NOT let my thread die!!! :eek:

but seriously update, The RB2 Solo/Band World Tour Modes look awesome.

Rockers | RockBand.com

talk about replay value, you can take different paths every time you play through it to reach different destinations. I can't wait to see what challenges my dlc will make (ex. Weezer Challenge, Boston Challenge, Disturbed Challenge, The Who Challenge, etc.) :D

Sorry, GHWT can't mach that, especially considering that they aren't talking about the game other than to poorly smack talk Rock Band*, or announce a couple of songs at a time. The only thing they have going for them is the song creator and a couple of exclusive artists (which turns out might not be so exclusive after all+)

and the full album downloads are another plus to Rock Band. To add to the current albums available:

Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengence
The Cars - The Cars
The Pixies - Doolittle
The Who - The Best of the Who Rock Band Edition

With the release of Rock Band 2 through to the end of the year we will see:

Rush - Moving Pictures
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood
No Dount - The Best of No Doubt Rock Band Edition

All of those tried and tested albums/compilations compared to GH's album: Metallica - Death Magnetic, which is already getting abysmal reviews by many who have heard it (although The Day that Never Comes does give me some hope, but not much.) And if you want to play it on GHIII and GHWT you'll have to buy it twice, whereas the albums will work on both RB and RB2.

on top of all this, all of Rock Band's DLC will work for either game and 55/58 RB1 songs will transfer over to RB2 for a measly $5 relicensing fee. Enter Sandman, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills won't make it to Rock Band 2 but the rest will.

* here:

Guitar Hero: Neversoft Get Bitchy, Call Out Rock Band's...Cymbals

Mr. Bright, I don't think you are bright... - Rock Band - Forums

Brian Bright "..The Doors, you're not going to be seeing any of these bands on.." - Rock Band - Forums

+and here:

QUESTIONS FOR JEFF JAMPOL - Page 353 - The Doors Message Board

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.