Ringtone Adults Can't Hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5434687

Thought i'd share seems funny that the thing adults tried to use on us(teens as a whole) now is used against them. I have this on my cell phone now and i could upload should any one want the ringtone. I have tested it on my teachers and only one shes like 23 could hear it.

Edit: of course i offer this for the coolness factor not for actually rule breaking

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
S-... Son of a bitch! *Jams his hands against his ears and grimaces.*

I'm twenty-five, and it took me a moment to hear the ring. Upon first downloading the tone, I couldn't make anything out, and I have what I would consider a really high-quality speaker system. So, as is nature for anyone to do when they want to hear sound and don't...

... I turned the volume up.

Only at a peak volume of 10 did it appear, and the sound appeared suddenly, turning my room into a sonic explosion of repelling fun.

Either I'm a really deaf rodent, hard-of-hearing, or this thing works.

Interesting find, 4lyfe! It's pretty crazy that I can only hear the sound at peak volumes -- I've experimented with it several times, but only when my units are turned all the way up does it transmit. The minute I turn the volume down past 10, it leaps down to being almost inaudible, and then at around 8, it disappears! Crazy-fun-sounds, indeed!

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
That's a very unpleasant tone. This coming from one of the advanced age of 40, so don't get too comfy. I didn't even have my hearing aid switched on ;)

Role
Private
I'm 18 and I have to turn my speakers up to 80%... crappy ears.

And yeah, people in my classes used to have that tone. It would be all quiet, and the next thing you know, people would be screaming "TURN THAT ****ING THING OFF!", all the while the teacher would be out the front wondering what the hell was going on.

I could never hear it though, so it didn't bother me at all.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Fascinating, and a good thing for ancient raccoons (who have gone a bit deaf) to know about.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Bah. I looked at the radio thing about it, and they didn't play it, so I thought I couldn't hear it. >.>

Then I decided to download it, and I didn't bother to turn my volume down. That'll teach me. DX

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm 23 and as soon as it started it was terrible :p. That's one tone I won't miss when I get older! haha

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
lol i just reliased theres a download link IN the article.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I just tried Audiosurf-ing it (on Ninja Mono). It was quite an experience. BTW, I can hear it, although it stings my ears a bit.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I can hear, although it's halfway faint, and not that painful of a noise.

although I did point my speakers into the house and unleashed full blast into the upstairs, and my parents did not hear. Although they did wake up for some obscure reason.

So adults can't hear it, but it will wake them up.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I slapped this tone on my old KRZR, and it worked, as far as I could tell, but I could barely hear it. Same thing happened when I got my RAZR, too low (or is it high?) for my ears.

Then I tried it on my mom's phone, then my step father's one. It worked there too, my mother could hear it well (she covered her ears) and my step father couldn't.

My grandfather is deaf already so I didn't even try.

Remember, I'm a heavy metal guy ;)

Role
Diaper Lover
IT BURNS!

After listening to it 3 times my ears hurt. I heard a ringing, and thought it was probably the tone, but wasn't sure, so I turned it up :(

Mornavial

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
i know this a guy in my class played it and we were laughing alot and the teacher thought we had gone insane

Status
Not open for further replies.