Left or right handed

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Simple question are you right or left handed or are you one of those people that can write with both hands (this means writing just as well with either hand without making too much of a effort)?

I am left handed and I always considered myself to be a oddball due to that.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I use both hands since I can do practially anything as good as my right hand with my left, lol.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I write, color, draw etc with my right hand. My left is just there to uhh hold paper and make the right hand look better.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I write, color, draw etc with my right hand. My left is just there to uhh hold paper and make the right hand look better.
Took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I was laughing for 17 minutes straight. :laugh:

Paul_Fox

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Carer
OMG... Lukie is a leftie too!!!

*cuddles a fellow leftie*

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I write with right, but the rest I'm not too picky. When it comes to typing my left hand is even better.

Role
Incontinent
I'm left handed, but I can do most things with my right hand as well, except write, that I never did master.
But you know what they say about us lefties, "We're always in our right mind"!!!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm right handed and write poorly with my right. But I play pipe organ, so I use both hands and my feet.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm right handed, though even with my right hand my handwriting is barely legible, thank goodness for computers.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I voted right handed because that's the hand I write with. There are also things that I usually do with my left hand...I've never used a knife to cut food with my right hand (I can't...it's too hard...:dunno:). Also I can use a mouse with my left hand just fine, and do some activities left handed (throw a frisbee, golf, bowl, throw a football, etc...)

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
(throw a frisbee, golf, bowl, throw a football, etc...)
That is great that you do this, I was once told by a pro golfer that if you start from an early age, or when learning to gold or other sports using the other hand you will have better control. When golfing people use the hand that is stronger to give distance but this means the weak hand is the one that is controlling aim. So if you reverse this you will have better aim.

Ok for myself I am a rightie, though all you lefties do not hate me, I was raised in a left handed house. My parents and sister are left hinders. I could never do well in computers at school because the teachers always put the mouse on the Wrong Side. I finally had to break down and start using a laptop though with the touch pad I use my right.
Though keep in mind that your dom hand is not just about what hand you Wright with, but also what side of your brain you think with. In most cases if you are right handed you think with you left side, if you are left you think with your right.

Though there are those of us that are messed up and have been tested to thing with the same side as their dom hand. This can sometimes combine with other "issues" to make you unique: dyslexia, short term memory....
Though it also may lean you to a more mathematical or artistic side depending on your side.

Though I do not know how the ambidextrous individuals (use both hands) work.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'm right handed, but I use both hands for typing, and playing the piano! :) Oh, and I deal cards left-handed...it's weird, I know.

I have 2 brothers and a sister who are right handed, and 2 brothers and a sister who are left handed.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
My theory: you can teach yourself to become right/left handed. People are naturally better with one hand (and some people really are naturally good with both), but I think that through practice anyone can write perfectly alright with their odd hand.
I can write in a readable way with both hands, but my left hand is slower and gets tired quicker... I'm right handed but I really think that you can change it if you want.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I am very strongly right handed. There used to be things were I showed mixed laterality but these were usually in areas where I was pretty incompetent whichever hand I used, such as cutlery. As my parents taught me to use cutlery properly (it took about 8~9 years) and other things along those lines (such as writing) where I would use left or right I started to prefer the right. I imagine this is because I they are both right handed so that is how they showed me to do things. I imagine I could pick up how to do stuff with my left hand quite quickly, after all I used too, but I don't intend on doing it.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
That is great that you do this, I was once told by a pro golfer that if you start from an early age, or when learning to gold or other sports using the other hand you will have better control. When golfing people use the hand that is stronger to give distance but this means the weak hand is the one that is controlling aim. So if you reverse this you will have better aim.

Then how come I'm bad at all those sports with either hand? :(

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Is it possible to be neither-handed? :D

I voted right-handed, but I'm better at some things with my left. Like, my left hand is more dexterous when I play clarinet and a faster typist than my right, but my right hand is stronger and more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.