Ribbons and bows

Floodingpants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I know many many years ago it was acceptable for men to have ribbons and bows in their hair. Do or would any of you men wear ribbons and / or bows in your hair?

Attachments

• 20220716_192127.jpg
    20220716_192127.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Wondercrinkee and Seasonedcitizen

Pinksissygirl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other
Floodingpants said:
I know many many years ago it was acceptable for men to have ribbons and bows in their hair. Do or would any of you men wear ribbons and / or bows in your hair?
Yes love to wear bows in my hair but have trouble doing them myself so I don't get to wear bows in my hair much. Lol

Reactions: Floodingpants and Wondercrinkee

Anemone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
When I finally grow it out...

Reactions: Wondercrinkee

sissybaby34

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
when I dress fully as a sissy complete with wig I always put bows in my hair. I use the clip on ones.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Floodingpants

littleph0enix

The Right Honourable Lordship Of Giggles?!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
As big me no (I do find it to be super adorable if I ever see women/ girls with ribbons/ bows, about the same as filly socks....😁 ), little me wants it a lot but my own hair will never be able to make me happy to that point. 😞

The plan at some point will be to find a good wig that looks right for me/ my outfits when im more free to be myself, at which point I am pretty sure I would have ribbons or bows on when ever I want to free this side of myself. :)

Reactions: Floodingpants and sissybaby34

longallsboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Floodingpants said:

I have seen little boys wear ribbons in their hair, back from photos in the 1930s to 1950s, and I may have seen photos of little boys wearing them more recently even, like in the past 20 years. It would probably be more likely be seen in little boys wearing Mary Jane shoes or T strap shoes, or wearing dressy clothes like dressy overalls/ long-alls with T strap shoes, or before the 1940s, in little boys wearing dresses. I wouldn't say that it is necessarily sissyish or girly though. I've never seen boys with bows in their hair though. Although in 1959, my female children's librarian friend I used to co-host Preschooler Storytime with at my library was a 1 year old baby girl. And she told me her parents had said years later that she was mistaken for a boy even though she was wearing a hair bow, a baby girl's dress, and Mary Janes. 😱😱 I mean, how much more obvious does it get than that? 😁 It can be hard to see whether a baby or toddler is male or female if they are wearing something unisex like sleepers with feet that are gender neutral or if they are wearing overalls. I've mistaken several young children (babies, toddlers) for being a little boy when they were really a girl, or for being a little girl when they were really a boy. There was a little boy who was 4 years old that came to our Storytime in 2018 and 2019 (we indefinitely shut down the program due to COVID 19 in March 2020). He was towheaded and had really long hair and when he didn't come for a while, sometimes both me AND my librarian friend mistook him for being a girl. He had a brother around his age, but the brother didn't have long hair like he did, so I never mistook his brother for being a girl.

- longallsboy

Last edited:

OnePiece

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
I believe that it was pretty common for men to have ribbons and bows in their hair for a very long time.
Think about the Middle Ages and renaissance, long hair was pretty common. (And wigs.)
As long as you have long hair, you need a way to keep it in place.
I have long hair and need a way to get it out of my eyes and not getting it stuck in some machinery so I use a hair tie every day.
I have used a ribbon with a bow knot from time to time also.
My wife isn't too keen of me having side braids though...

Reactions: Floodingpants

longallsboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
OnePiece said:
I believe that it was pretty common for men to have ribbons and bows in their hair for a very long time.
Think about the Middle Ages and renaissance, long hair was pretty common. (And wigs.)
As long as you have long hair, you need a way to keep it in place.
I have long hair and need a way to get it out of my eyes and not getting it stuck in some machinery so I use a hair tie every day.
I have used a ribbon with a bow knot from time to time also.
My wife isn't too keen of me having side braids though...

I like having a bowl haircut!! My hair is longer obviously, but not that long. It used to be much shorter though, almost like a crew cut. It took me years of fighting with my mom to finally get a bowl haircut (I still live with my parents and I have Classic Autism. I'm in mid 40s chronologically, though I'm more like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old emotionally and socially). Also, a bowl haircut looks much better with a longall and T strap shoes.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: OnePiece

lilithra

Fluffy Kitsune 3 Tails
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Floodingpants said:
When I did my transition I got a really strong desire to have ribbons in my hair. I was proud of my growing hair and I didn't want normal rubber bands to hold it. Then my mother and sister told me that it was too childish for me and that I needed to look more adult. At this time I don't give a damn about being seen as childish so when I see a beautiful red ribbon or bow I will buy it and use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnePiece and Floodingpants