Rhonald Mcdonald...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonHoward2016

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I miss Ronald so much. I do not want a talking creepy box to be the mascot. Do you guys remember the benches shaped like him and the AWESOME VHS's from his adventures (which I still have by the way) and the times we can go there and actually SMILE as we enjoyed happy meals and then run home to play with our little toy sets?
I will NEVER forget the day when they made the switch. I thought it was a joke, and then I started to cry. I miss you rhonald..... What was your favorite memories of back when MCDONALDS was...you know....good.

s-l1000.jpg s-l1000.jpghqdefault.jpg

At least I was honored to work for them back when Rhonald was still a thing...

Free hugs...:hugpile:

Sorry even fifty years ago McDonald's food made me sick to my stomach so no fond memories at all.

I guess Ronald D. became a creepy clown, so he had to go.

BrandonBabypup said:
What was your favorite memories of back when MCDONALDS was...you know....good.

I can't say I've noticed much of a change in McDonald's food over the years. The biggest change has been my own awareness of how unhealthy it is. I still enjoy it, but I try to keep my visits to a minimum.

But if I could, I'd eat Egg McMuffins all day long, every day. :)

As far as favorite memories go: The McDonald's nearest to my house as a kid--in Kenmore, WA in the 1980s--was western-themed, and even had real leather saddles instead of seats at most tables. My world was pretty small back then, and it was a while before I realized that not all McDonald's restaurants were like that. In fact, I never saw another one that was. It was cool and strange at the same time. In the early 90's, the franchise changed hands and was "modernized", ultimately looking like just about every other McDonald's out there. BOOOOOOO.

I've also been to the McDonald's that straddles I-44 in Oklahoma.

Hamburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti ... and blankets. And we are not affiliated with that clown. He attracts too many kids.

i didn't notice.

but then, the older i get, the more i'm like to shudder at the thought of teenagers being anywhere near, nevermind handling, any food which is destined to become a part of me.
and then again, McD's food has gone seriously downhill since we in the UK were introduced to it. i think they've confused 'fast' [food] for 'stale'. and they still don't do chips, though they'll no doubt brag about how they tailor their menus to the locale. and indeed they do, just not in Britain.
of course, they aren't alone in that, KFC are the same. years ago, i used to get the chicken from KFC (back when it was nice) and nip around the corner to the chippy for chips. when our local chippy started selling 'southern fried chicken', i stopped making the trip to KFC.

Wow....sounds like I am the only one with happy memories of the place and theyre strawberry shakes....it makes sense though i guess. I wonder if Mcdonalds will go away one day. Ive already seen much less people going there at our local one...

Starrunner said:
Actually, you're not too far off the truth. McDonald's is cutting back on Ronald's appearances in light of the recent creepy clowns phenomenon.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture...-mcdonald-keeps-low-profile-amid-creepy-craze

I think the only serious threat he posed was encouraging young, unsuspecting children to clog up their arteries with cholesterol, fat, nitrates and sodium.

Now you're really scaring me, that and the thought of what's really in those burgers!

BrandonBabypup said:
Wow....sounds like I am the only one with happy memories of the place and theyre strawberry shakes....it makes sense though i guess. I wonder if Mcdonalds will go away one day. Ive already seen much less people going there at our local one...
McDonalds isn't going away anytime soon. They've pretty much crossed the too big to fail bar. Hell, their profits are going up right now.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/mcdonalds-profit-climbs-above-expectations-1461327646

As far as Ronald McDonald, I can't say I have fond memories of him, but I liked him fine. I didn't mind him any more than I minded any other corporate mascot (I have a soft spot for corporate mascots of nearly all junk food). I certainly didn't get any bad vibes from him.

I haven't noticed too many changes. Yeah, there's less Ronald McDonald and some newer healthier options, but as long as they serve Big Macs, I'll be fine. Plus, there are many better unhealthy fast food burger options out there.

dogboy said:
Now you're really scaring me, that and the thought of what's really in those burgers!

Actually, I worked there, so I can honestly say it is not much different than what you get at the store with a bit more preservatives so you can flash cook it.

I have some good memories with the toys. Mostly when LEGO Bionicle was a thing. It was nice, as far as that went. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back