Rewards for donors and major contributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I've implemented a new award-type feature for people who donate. The reward for donating is that your username now shows in pink, like TallestBabyEver

What do you think? Would you like your name in pink? Or would it put you off?

Note that people who donate don't *have* to use the pink (or whatever special color) name. They can use their normal name color instead if they want.

I'd also like to have an awards system for the people who write really good wiki articles, or who upload a bunch of stuff into the links section, post stories...

They might get a badge on their profile or something.

VIP status is already set up (you need 50 posts and 5 rep to get it, and this requirement will increase with time).

VIP status is aimed at showing the community that you're trustworthy because you've been around for awhile.

These awards are simply there to motivate people to contribute content to the site, to help us rebuild, and to reward the generous folks who put their time and effort in to make this place better :)

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I guess I need to go ahead and re-write my old pacifier article. o_O

*Needs to get money and a paypal account so he can donate*

Role
Private
Well, I just donated and would prefer my user name stayed the regular colours. Perhaps an option to have a different coloured user name or a little icon next to it?

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
What about me?
I founded the Incontinence forum and TBDL/ADISC Radio.
Not to mention helping ALOT of members through some tough decisions. (many of us do that *Shrug*)
I am working on some graphics now.

Do I get a special color?

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What about me?
I founded the Incontinence forum and TBDL/ADISC Radio.
Not to mention helping ALOT of members through some tough decisions. (many of us do that *Shrug*)
I am working on some graphics now.

Do I get a special color?
You get a pat on the back. :D

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Oh thats nice! I like back pats!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
"A good deed is it's own reward" :p

Nah, I think it's a good idea. It's probably better to have a little icon in your profile though, it just weird if there's lots of user name colours flying about (plus my name is already purple).

I don't think reward things should be shown with every post.
<- That's looking a little busy already.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Charlie F is corect that the left user name thingy side is getting full of junk. Maybe Placing the badges in the vertical bar of where it says "quote, MSN, Profile" etc.. Or at leat it does on phpBB.

Or they could get automatically added in your sig. But don't know how that will stop other users 'forging' them. Also, since hosting costs incur monthly, so would need a continues supply of donations. How long will the donation status last for? 1 month? 3? Will it vary to the amount you donate?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Yes, placing some sort of badge in the profile would be a good idea.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I would donate at least 10$ a month... BUT.. my parents have access to my Paypal account. So that could end up being an awkward situation... Truly sorry, I wish there was something I could do..

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I'm all for a little badge or something to go in your profile, I'd just rather we had something less noticeable until you viewed the person's profile. I mean, not many teen-age members will be able to donate any money. I think I'm going to have fun with the Wiki though, I already corrected the grammar on a few articles! It's a Grammar Nazi playground! :D

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Is there a way to use the user rank system of vB? It'll show in the postbit but still.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Whew, one rep away from VIP status! But there aren't many VIPs right now anyways, are there?

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I agree with the badge idea. The color of a username should mean something relevant to how people interact with each other. As far as how long the badge lasts, maybe quarterly?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Badges were successful in a lot of forums I used to visit, so that would certainly be a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.