Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
I know its technically my name on here but i figured id start a small topic to see if anyone else loves older games and game consoles like i do. In high school in the early 2000s i actually got really hardcore into older game trading and ended up getting a nice stash of stuff (which sadly i dont have a lot of anymore). I love stuff like super nintendo NES and more obscure stuff

Snes and PS2 are among my top 3 not counting handhelds.

Reactions: RetroGamerGuy
Heck Yeah i grew up with ALL of that stuff. I still have a whole box of SNES games nearby me right now lol. I have so many game memories of playing almost every system imaginable (Except for the turbo grafix 16 oddly)

I started with a home long machine and then I got the Atari 2600.

After that I didn't have anything until I bought my first new NES. I loved it until I discovered the Sega Genesis. Eventually I added the Sega CD and the 32x. I also had the Power Base Converter so I could play Master System games. I even had The Sega Channel for a time but it wasn't cheap.

After that I got a Sega Saturn. It was fun but when it flopped, I jumped over to a PSX. That was a good system but I eventually picked up the Sega Dreamcast--a system that was a bit ahead of its time.

I was hooked on Phantasy Star Online and when the Dreamcast's servers were drying up, I was lured back to Nintendo with the Gamecube since PSO was supported on it. At this time I finally picked up a handheld, the original GBA. That made me kick myself for not getting a handheld sooner--other than a couple of LED game handhelds I've owned in the past.

The last home.console was my Wii but it gave up the ghost and died on me.

I held on to my old GBA but I eventually moved up to an Original DS--which I still have so I can play a few GBA carts I still have.

I didn't get another handheld until I finally picked up an original 3DS--but I was too late for the Ambassador Program. Later I got a Mario 3DS XL and now I have the SNES New 3DS XL.

I also have the SNES Classic Mini. It's pretty nice sori didn't play the original SNES that much since I just owned the Genesis and I was more concerned with expanding on the system I had at the time.

I'm also a big fan of the Commodore 64 and 128 systems. I'm an even bigger Amiga fan and I have both the Amiga Forever and C64 Forever emulation packages.

Reactions: RetroGamerGuy, PapaBear001 and Deleted member 47221
Unfortunately, my previous consoles have not survived poverty or entropy. So I currently don't have a TV comsole other than the SNES Classic Mini. I may hack it to add a few more titles. I think I can add 11 without losing the ability to have 4 save states for each game.

I have my current New 3DS XL and the original DS for my handhelds.

I haven't looked to see what is new for the C64 but there are hobbyists that still come out with fun hardware and software for the venerable computer. My favorite out of the C64/128 line has to be the 128D though. I like being able to plop a minitor on top of it and the detached keyboard--though the cartridge slot is not conveniently placed.

Last edited:
I like all consoles and am trying to build a collection. I'll probably get the older stuff someday but I'm pretty happy with my collection of consoles and handhelds from the GameCube to current stuff. Until then I mostly play retro games via emulators. My collection so far: GC,Wii,GBA,nds,3ds xl, PS Vita, PS2, 360, PS4, and switch

@PaddedDeist oh...em gee i totally nerdgasmed when you mentioned that stuff about PSO i was a MASSIVE PSO player from its start on dreamcast. I was so into it i even imported the sequel thing and played it a ton before getting the english version. I also remember getting the gamecube one too as it was the only use for the internet component of the system lol. I think every system i have owned so far would be Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, PSX, N64, Virtual Boy (yeah i know), PS2 all the way to 4, Xbox all the way to XBox one. The prizes of my former collection was a Neo Geo CD and Neo Geo console but i dont think the second one worked though.

DanielW said:
I've still got my Atari 2600, commodore 64 and a gamecube.
What? No ColecoVision with the Atari 7800 adapter? I remember playing Pong on B & W tv.

My retro gaming experience is mostly memories of my and my brother playing stuff on the Amiga, Populas and Rampage (others I can't remember). I eventually got into gameboy games, Zelda, Mario and of course Pokemon. I had a PS2 at one point but that was pretty much it until I got introduced the world of PC gaming, Half-Life, Civalization, Age Of Empires, C&C...in other words late 90s-early 20s is when I truly stated being a gamer.

Reactions: PapaBear001
I loved Populous! Amiga 500 or maybe Amiga x000. I had an Amiga 500. One of many computers I have owned. The BBS I was running was on an Amiga 5000UX.

Im glad to still have some of my old collection of stuff around like some rare ps1 games and SNES games but....the prices are just through the roof for anyone wanting to experience this stuff (non-emulation). Its to be expected considering they arent being made obviously anymore. I always look on with envy at these famous youtubers with their massive old game collections worth thousands of dollars

Shadows of the Empire, one of the best retro games around.

Reactions: PapaBear001
PapaBear001 said:
I loved Populous! Amiga 500 or maybe Amiga x000. I had an Amiga 500. One of many computers I have owned. The BBS I was running was on an Amiga 5000UX.
Amiga 5000UX? Never heard of that model. lol Do you mean the A3000UX?

My last Amiga was an A4000/040 system in an Elbow Power Tower conversion case. It had a Picasso IV RTG card, the Buddah/Catweasel combo board, one of the Amiga Zorro II SCSI boards, and a X-Surf II network card. (I don't remember if I had any other boards in there.) I was also running OS 3.9 in it.

I had a fair amount of fun games for it and I was sad when I had to get rid of it to pay off an old debt to one of the members of my former user group. (A long and f'ed up story)

Sorry... that was a typo. A3000UX. 😁
I ran a Circle MUD on my BBS. People loved it.

How about N64 or GameCube or PS2? Wouldn't a "Classic" of any of those be amazing? (if they actually put the right games on them, it's sad on the PSX Classic they left out some obvious Classics)

I mean they all have pretty good Game Libraries, I especially think the GameCube undersold (over 20 million units whereas the Switch already surpassed that and has only been out like 2 or so years? )

I also play classic arcade games on MAME32 for the PC. Classics like original Ms. PACMAN, Galiga, Rastan, and the old Star Wars ray trace game.

I definitely need to give my Amiga 500 some attention.

Back