Restricting the Gallery.

Should we restrict when someone can access the gallery?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Private
Looking at it on the whole, you can't deny that we are a site where the majority of the user-base are teens or young adults. Is it so wrong that we, at the very least, put some restrictions on what can be uploaded to the gallery?

I don't want to attack any user here, but I just feel that pictures that borderline sexually suggestive poses shouldn't be accepted or tolerated here - no matter the age of the user.

I do believe that people have a right to use the gallery. But, facing facts, there are people who sign up here just to use the gallery. They are people who haven't contributed anything substantial to the forum, the wiki, blogs, or any other features on this site. Put bluntly, I'm suggesting that we impose restrictions on when someone can access the gallery.

Nothing too drastic, perhaps just a something as simple as 1 pos-rep point and 5 or 10 posts. From what I've observed, people who are in it just for the gallery and not the community aspect don't really get pos-rep and rarely make it beyond 10 posts on the forum.

I don't think this should be done as to deter people from the website, but more or less as a filter against those who wish to be active and good members of this community, and those who are just here to get their fix.

Besides, if someone is here just to look at the gallery and not contribute anything, then does it matter if they are members of the community? My personal belief is no, as to me they are casual observers or outsiders who take, but don't give anything in return.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't think this should be done as to deter people from the website,
Yes, I...

if someone is here just to look at the gallery and not contribute anything, then does it matter if they are members of the community?
I was gonna say that! The good Lukie giveth and the good Lukie taketh away ;)

If someone is here for just the gallery... that's kind of sketchy in itself. There are plenty of other sites that offer pictures of people in diapers.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yes I am all for your suggestion Lukie! For every pic you want to post you need 10 posts for each sounds like a fair amount. It is creepy that some members only use the gallery, I did not notice there was members who did that. Anyways I do not think there should be restrictions on the type of pictures that can be posted. I think as a long as it has no nudity or suggest sexual things then it is Gallery worthy.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Heh, I already removed the ability for some low-post groups to upload to the gallery earlier today. I will probaby do more later.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Great minds think alike ;)

We were already discussing similar suggestions in the moderator forum yesterday, and Moo has already taken action to some degree. More to follow, so stay tuned!

Peachy

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh awesome Moo!

I'd also like to say I love the fact that we have the ability to add to the full member, and VIP galleries.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I approve of the latest Moo-oovement. A counter argument could be made that if the gallery-lurkers are forced to garner rep/postcount they'll deposit fluff, eye up the images and go away, leaving behind spam stains. On the other hand, if they are creepy types, by getting them to post, their identity is a bit more accessible to the ADISC secret intelligence service... and if they are good people, getting them involved and participating will lead to their being productive members. I like the minimum rep requirement. Anyone can post; it takes some effort and skill to get rep. I believe rep-chasing is good. (Here I disagree with Moo in his "Rules" thread where he says,
* Don't make posts just to get reputation. This will backfire! Reputation is like happiness. Those who chase it constantly will never find it. Just do good, and it will come in time.
http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=20780#post20780 )
I believe it is good that rep encourages paying attention to writing style, to going out of one's way to be kind, nurturing, informative, and witty (and otherwise raccoon-like,) and tweaking the site to be more efficient. I believe rep-chasing encourages people to write longer, more creative posts than "Hi, welcome Mr. Newbie." or "I read that such-and-such." Rep-chasing in the specific tends not to work; but rep-chasing in general, trying consistently to make better posts, results in such goodies as people citing references, responding to newbies' interests, and explaining their ideas.

*yay rep*

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
As I said in the mod forum:
I don't think that non-members should even know about the gallery, let alone be able to see it. I think people should need the 5-10 posts and 1 rep to be able to see the gallery link, so that we stop getting creepy signing up just to see what a teen gallery has to offer...

I agree that anything borderline sexually suggestive shouldn't be allowed. This is a teen forum after all, under 16s can still view the gallery even if they aren't meant to upload there. There's plenty of other sites to visit if you want to see those kind of pictures.
So yeah I think the gallery should be for registered (plus maybe a few basic requirements, nothing extreme) users, and that what gets uploaded should be very clean.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I agree with hiding the galaries and keeping a close eye on them. That way it will prevent creeps signing up. But keep the requirements for viewing it low.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
The link to the gallery no longer shows up for guests.
This should stop people signing up just for the gallery.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
if someone is here just to look at the gallery and not contribute anything, then does it matter if they are members of the community?
:whs0be:

I totally agree, most registered users come here only for the gallery... on the other hand, if they know they have to post like let's say 10 times, they will post crap, and then never post again :(

what to do? what to do? :dunno:

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
personally, i've noticed a majority of people that post about 10 or 20 posts are usually good in nature. also, i'm sorry for posting crotch shots, but just wanted to give a visual on my diaper test.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
:whs0be:

I totally agree, most registered users come here only for the gallery... on the other hand, if they know they have to post like let's say 10 times, they will post crap, and then never post again :(

what to do? what to do? :dunno:
But if they don't even know that there is a gallery then they won't do that. This gives us the chance to do a background check on everyone that is able to view the gallery.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Guests can no longer see the link to the gallery in the navbar at all.
That should hide the gallery from most guests, and ensure that we don't get a bunch of people signing up just for it.
Additionally, only newbies+ may upload pics to the gallery. This will prevent someone signing up and then flooding the gallery with naked_man_in_wet_diaper pics because they haven't grasped that we're about community and chat more than about sharing pics of people in diapers.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
This will prevent someone signing up and then flooding the gallery with naked_man_in_wet_diaper pics because they haven't grasped that we're about community and chat more than about sharing pics of people in diapers.

Oh dear! Does this mean I won't be able to upload my huge collection of "naked_man_in_wet_diaper pics" to the gallery now?

*giggles*

Okay, I'm just kiddin'...I don't have a collection of pics like that...actually...EWWWWWWWW! I don't think I have pics of any men in dry diapers, let alone in wet ones!

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Very yes to Lukie and Martin. I think we should restrict the galleries so only members with x rep and/or x posts can see pictures from the gallery. Maybe also restricting the nature of uploaded pictures would be a good idea. Can't really say anything else about it though, I don't look at the galleries much, but I think I finally understand why there are so many newly registered users that don't even post.

Status
Not open for further replies.