Restaurants going to far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Some restaurants Have decided to ban breastfeeding. They say it is inappropriate for a public place and feel they have a right to ban it. They may be right but one restaurant really wanted to get one lady to stop. They told her that it was illegal to breastfeed in a public place. This is not true in the area the restaurant is located in. Are they going too far? Should they be allowed to even ban it? How far will they go to stop it?

This is true i saw it on the news one day. I did not copy that from anywhere though. I personally think they are going a little far and way far with the fake laws. What do you all think about it.

X

xdeadx

I think it's dumb. If people don't like it... LOOK A DIFFERENT DIRECTION! And really, even if you can't, it's not that big of a deal. I mean come on.

Role
Private
It's good to hear breastfeeding is still apart of the mother/baby repertoire. It's one of those activities that helps develop the bond between mother and baby, and does helps the baby develop normally (or so some doco I watched said). However! That doesn't mean I want to see breastfeeding in public. While I think it's totally natural and completely healthy, I just find it a little off-putting when a mother decides to pop it out and let the baby suckle on it. It's a little unsettling and makes me uncomfortable - regardless of whether or not the mother is in my line of sight or not, I just feel this way when they are in my vicinity.

So I guess my views on this topic are rather obvious. If I don't like seeing it in public, then I certainly wouldn't like to see it when I'm sitting down and wanting to enjoy a quiet meal. And I'm sure there are others out there like me who feel the same way. The restaurant has a reserved right to kick out *any* patron they feel is unsettling the other patrons. Besides, you won't get return business when people have a bad experience at your restaurant.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
It's OK at Hooters. But then, they call themselves a family restaurant. On the other hand, most restaurants have a problem with bringing in outside food. No seriously, if it's done discretely I see nothing wrong.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
In all honesty, I truly don't care, but look at it from the customer's POV, some random lady whips out her breast and has the kid start feeding, does that seem like something you would want to see while your eating?

Last edited:

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
This is not true in the area the restaurant is located in. Are they going too far? Should they be allowed to even ban it? How far will they go to stop it?
i just can't believe anyone would take this stance? it's completely wrong to do it in a restaurant and i would complain to both the manager and the lady doing it. it's like we say, "don't impose your fetish onto other people, they don't want have anything to do with it." i don't want to be a part of that lady's breast feeding either.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm all for that, actually.

As 2 the ranting gryphon once said, "So what, it's ok for me to get a blowjob in public just so long as I have a blanket covering the action? It's the exact same as breastfeeding in public!"

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Breastfeeding in 'public' is legal here, as long as you take appropriate precautions and don't do it on a stage in front of everyone (a quiet corner will do fine). It's food for the baby (and not a fetish...geez, people, wake up!!!), so it's no different from seeing any adult munching away on a hamburger. The fact that it involves part of the anatomy that most males consider of a sexual nature can't be helped in that situation, and as long as the woman has no problem with it, I can't see the point of not letting it happen.
After all, the person benefiting from breastfeeding is the baby, and babies are the weakest and most fragile members of our society, so they deserve the utmost respect and help. People who don't realize that deserve a slap in their face!
So, if you don't want to look at it...look elsewhere.
If you don't mind, glance at it swiftly.
If you stare at the woman's boobs...pervert!!!.

I've seen women breastfeeding their babies, or people changing a baby's diapers in public many times (even diaper changes on trains). ´No one has said a word, and if anyone would, I'm sure the other people around would gang up on that person and make him/her shut up.

Also, restaurants can - theoretically - ask anyone to leave at their own discretion. However, openly discriminating against certain groups may prompt the city to revoke their license at the blink of an eye. Not to mention the bad publicity.

Peachy

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Breast feeding a baby is much much better for the child than using a bottle with formula or whatever. So I say discouraging breast feeding isn't right.

It's just a breast! It completely natural! I don't see how people can complain about a mother feeding her baby in healthiest way possible.

It's like we're penguins, who vomit food into the mouth of their young. You'd have to be an arse to complain about a woman quietly breastfeeding in a restaurant.

If people are unsettled by breast feeding, the only way to stop that is to allow breastfeeding in public so it's more common, and so people find it normal and not unsettling.

Last edited:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
(Gen, did you hear about this on 97.9 this morning? I heard about it coming into work!)

This is a situation that is primarily dominated by a difference in modesty morals and natural thinking.

Personally, I believe that breast-feeding is one of the most beautiful, natural functions in existence. There is nothing more amazing than a mother feeding her infant child. However...

... I do believe there are matters of couth and respect for others that must be considered before simply partaking in this action. Yes, it's food for the baby, but it's also indecent exposure if the breast is full-on straight out in view. Cover it and turn it into something discreet, and that's fine -- but if you're even unintentionally showing my young children your breast, we're going to have a problem. There are also the options of breast-pumps and bottles, which are a convenient way to still feed your baby natural milk in public.

But saying it's natural, you also give me every right, if I were to so desire, to urinate in the middle of the floor while you're eating at that same restaurant, or to lean to one side and pass loud wind. Just because something is natural does not necessarily mean it belongs in the public view, or that it should not wait. You could say, "Rance, but passing gas and moving your bowels and urinating ... that doesn't compare!" I would say it does. 1) I'm secreting something from my body. 2) These secretions are important to a human's well-being. While the milk is important to the baby, the secretion of waste is important to me, getting poison and foul objects out of my body.

Yet, if I can wait to do these things... a mother can wait to feed her child, find a private place to do it, or bring along stored breast-milk to feed the infant.

I'm eating my steak and paying damned good money for it. I didn't pay to see you feed your baby. Thanks.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
it's really interesting that there are such divergent views on this subject. i guess it's mostly a cultural thing. if you aren't used to seeing women breastfeeding their kids in public, you might find it sort of offensive somehow.

i guess i've grown up in sort of a hippie culture. and maybe the northwestern US is a little bit more easy-going about this sort of thing than other parts of the country. but to me, a woman breastfeeding her baby is a perfectly ordinary sight. i really don't think twice when i see it, and it would never occur to me to be offended if i saw it in a restaurant.

i'm sort of confused about what it is that people find so unusual about breastfeeding. but i guess if you're used to a society where breastfeeding is kept private, you might be sort of uncomfortable around it. to me it just seems absurdly prudish to complain about things like that. i mean, have some respect for the beauty of motherhood.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I read some replies and thin people are being confused. It is perfectly legal. The ting with it being ageist the law the place lied to get her to stop. Most people i see are agree that it goes a little far she was not doing it in a super obvious way i heard.

Role
Diaper Lover
I think it's perposterious! I have seen many mother who have breast feed in public (not like that), and I see no problem! Who knows, they may not allow any babies in resturants any more...sad...(even if they do cry a lot)

Sye

Contributor
Role
Private
Id rather not see a womans bloated boobie beeing tongued to death by an infant while eating, I suppose its prudishness that has become emblazened on my mind, which is strange for me.

However I also think its quite funny, I dont know why, just a woman boshing a tit out to feed a kid in public always makes me laugh, I guess that makes me a hypocrit.

I say, if your kid needs to be fed, find a corner, wip out a jug and get squirting, regardless.

Y

Yuki

I agree it is inappropriate. The last thing I want to see while eating is some woman with her boobs out, having some kid suck on them... Well, the kid part is the only problem I have. =D It's disturbing. It shouldn't be public whatso ever! It should only be done within the home!

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I wouldn't like to see that x.x
But if she really has to, just let her do it in a corner or something XD

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Hey if people hate it that much they could open special parts of the reastrants for it.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
or they could not do it, and i think you're confused. the police know it's legal, that's their job. the restaurant wanted her out and that's within their legal rights to ask her to leave. it's simply rude to do it in public, that's why you don't see it much.

however, it is legal in all 50 states.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I know its legal your getting confused. They lied to her and told her it was illegal just to get her out. But they shouldn't tell you to leave because of it.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's not just breastfeeding a baby in public, it's in a restaurant. Food is served constantly in restaurants ("no shit Sherlock"), and seeing as how breastfeeding has been called natural and been compared to urinating and defecating, I don't see why a mother couldn't go in the bathroom and feed her baby. Yeah, it's a totally natural thing, but you're secreting human substances into the open at a dinner table. Babies are the messiest things alive, not every single drop of breast milk is going into that babies mouth. The mother wipes her breast off (not with her hands obviously, but I'd assume with some kind of napkin) after the baby is finished, touches silverware, plates, the table, shakes hands, touches walls, door handles, etc. That sounds pretty gross to me, after all, you do wash your hands after "secreting" other substances, don't you?

It's not being uncomfortable with breasts, around here it's quite normal to see a woman breast feeding at a park or something, it's just something you don't do in a restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.