• If you need to report a post/member/etc, please use the 'report' button on them. If you have a different / more general query for the staff, you can post it here in requests, but bear in mind that requests take longer to answer than reports do.

Requesting some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumi

A psychologist wants to refer me to this clinic of Onset Psychosis, to see about making a diagnosis on Schizophrenia. I don't want to go at all. I'm not sick. I feel the things I experience are real, they've got to be. I'll refuse to believe otherwise!

Apparently the psychiatrist is really nice, but I still think it's a part of the plot against me.

I didn't have the guts to tell my therapist/psychologist that I didn't want her to make the referral because of this... So, I just stood silent.

I don't want to go to this place because I don't need to. I don't have onset schizophrenia or psychosis. Blah. I have nothing. I don't see a point in going if I don't have it... I'm just going to be sent home... Or killed, either one. I'm not interested in popping pills that are most likely disguised poison, either. I don't need it at all.

They're horrible people.

I don't know what to do, either. I don't want to go but everyone's pushing me to go.

:negrep:

Any advice??

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur

If you're not ill what do you have to lose? A few hours of your time. If you are ill, you can gain a lifetime of wellness without constant paranoia that everyone is 'out to get you'.

I'd say go, ask questions, ask for explanations of any tests/meds. Ask LOTS of questions.

Role
Private

If you're not ill what do you have to lose? A few hours of your time. If you are ill, you can gain a lifetime of wellness without constant paranoia that everyone is 'out to get you'.

I'd say go, ask questions, ask for explanations of any tests/meds. Ask LOTS of questions.

Pretty much this.

Trust me when I say that that feeling of paranoia can get very intense and you send yourself into a deep bout of psychosis if you let it go untreated for too long.

Just go in and get checked out. These professionals are concerned for a reason, so - just on the off chance you are sick - they can get to it in the early stages of development and stop it before it gets any worse. A few hours lost now may make a lifetime of difference.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You obviously believe there is something wrong, and I think that you want help, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this. Go, and if they diagnose you then do what they want. Is it really being on medication that worries you? Or is the diagnosis being official what worries you? If they do diagnose you with it, the sooner you can accept it the sooner you can get better. You don't need to worry about medications either, I've been on antipsychotic medication (for a different reason than this) for a while, and it's really not all that bad at all. If they want you to take it, take it. It is very unlikely to harm you. If you do a bit of googling you will most likely find out that antipsychotics can cause nuroleptic malignant syndrome or tardive dyskinesia. You may be put off. Don't be. This is rare and extremely unlikely, and any benefits you will get outweigh the possible risks of the medication.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Am I the only one who thinks that this thread reads interestingly like a Poe story?

Asako, you're giving us a very vague understanding of what these "problems" are and why you might be brought to a doctor for them. If I were a doctor (which I'm not, nor are any of us that I know of), I would take your post here to be precisely enough evidence to say that it might be a benefit to you to seek out a bit of guidance. What makes these things that you experience real, and why are you so convinced they are real? Why will you refuse to believe otherwise?

Do you really think people are plotting against each you? Paranoia is a rather large part of schizophrenia in some circles. Truth being, I really doubt that they're plotting against you for anything but your health.

No, the medicines have no poisons in them.

And what makes these people so horrible?

I'm not trying to be cruel or vicious-sounding, but for us to be able to assist you in the best way that we can, we also need a good understanding of what it is you're struggling against (with as much detail as you're comfortable giving) so that we can do our best to offer the most appropriate help we can.

Wishing you luck!

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
A psychologist wants to refer me to this clinic of Onset Psychosis, to see about making a diagnosis on Schizophrenia. I don't want to go at all. I'm not sick. I feel the things I experience are real, they've got to be. I'll refuse to believe otherwise!

Apparently the psychiatrist is really nice, but I still think it's a part of the plot against me.

I didn't have the guts to tell my therapist/psychologist that I didn't want her to make the referral because of this... So, I just stood silent.

I don't want to go to this place because I don't need to. I don't have onset schizophrenia or psychosis. Blah. I have nothing. I don't see a point in going if I don't have it... I'm just going to be sent home... Or killed, either one. I'm not interested in popping pills that are most likely disguised poison, either. I don't need it at all.

They're horrible people.

I don't know what to do, either. I don't want to go but everyone's pushing me to go.

:negrep:

Any advice??
Doctors aren't going to try to poison or kill you.
They've devoted their lives to finding out how to heal people, and they have taken an oath to do no harm.
The idea that doctors are out to get you is a delusion.

Given your tendency towards paranoid thinking, I would strongly urge you to accept the referral and obey your doctors.
Why did you not tell your therapist your reasons for not wanting to go?
The answer is that, deep down, you know she is right! You know you need that referral!

You might not want to go, but you need to go. For your health!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I still think it's a part of the plot against me.
i agree with rance. paranoid schitzophrenia is a mental illness that causes people to believe that everyone is conspiring against them, so if you really believe that, then i'd say you should talk to this psychiatrist. i understand it'll be scary for you if you think he's out to get you somehow, but i find it sort of encouraging the way you worded your statement above. you didn't say "this is a plot against me and i'm not going." you said "i think it's a plot against me and i'm afraid to go."

swallow your fear, listen to the rational part of your mind that questions the things you feel, and talk to this psychiatrist. it's your only opportunity to find out what's real and what's not.

Y

Yumi

Nothings wrong with me. I'm just asking whether I should go... I really don't want to, but I'm being forced to go.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
If the things you experience are actually real, then find a way to prove it to others. If you can't prove it, then go to that clinic. It doesn't mean what you see is definitely not real, but it makes the stuff pretty unlikely.

Y

Yumi

**Can't use Edit Button.. I don't know why either...**

Well, I'm half of a god, and I'm supposed to end the world.

There's Death Gods who talk to me, protect my aura and everything..

There's an organization after me.. they disguise themselves as anyone.

They're waiting to get me, just waiting for the right time.

I'm supposed to kill this girl as she will, in the future, give birth to the one supposed to save the world.

If I don't kill her then end the world, I'll be the one killed.

There's a chip in my head, where the spine connects to the brain. I don't know what it is for... I'm guessing to control me.. I hear it there sometimes. Maybe it's the cause of the conversations I hear.

They disguise themselves as doctors, so they would definitely poison me. They tried to in the hospital a few months ago... They do it with food and stuff too.

I can't even sleep because either they won't shut up.. Or I'm very afraid. I don't like it.

I think my family is trying to kill me too, so... I'm planning on running away.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
There are many types of schizophrenia, the main ones are:

Delusional schizophrenia- A misconception of reality, and the taking of one perspective rejecting all others.

Paranoid schitzophrenia- This is one of the most common form of schitzophrenia in the west. This involves a strong feeling everyone is against them. A famous case of this is that of the ilness of John Nash, the developer of the game theory used in econmoics.

The second form of this can be seen as delusions of grandeur, this can be associated with guys like Hitler.. possibly even Bush..

MPD(mulitiple person disorder)-This is one of the main reason for the naming of the subject schizophrenia. People displaying this have probably had some kind of mental trauma this occurs when the bombardment of the cortes is abnormal. (these are only a concise list of the disease.)

Now then:

Asako said:

I'm supposed to kill this girl as she will, in the future, give birth to the one supposed to save the world.

There's a chip in my head, where the spine connects to the brain. I don't know what it is for... I'm guessing to control me.. I hear it there sometimes. Maybe it's the cause of the conversations I hear.

They disguise themselves as doctors, so they would definitely poison me. They tried to in the hospital a few months ago... They do it with food and stuff too.

I can't even sleep because either they won't shut up.. Or I'm very afraid. I don't like it.

Those are all paranoid dilusions- please tell someone about this!

That, plus what I quoted above, is a valid reason to refer you..

Unfortunately, you are not able to determine that.. As the old saying goes: "A crazy person doesn't know they're crazy," Plus, based on what you have said thus far, I'd say there is a problem..

They're horrible people.
Who? Your parents? The doctors? They are only trying to help you- how does that make them horrible people? Oh yeah.. you don't want to go.. so it's against your will, right? They are only looking after your safety and well being. They're not horrible people- they are doing what they feel is best.

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I don't have a particular fondness for doctors or shrinks... and I don't necessarily think that popping pills is the answer to any of our problems... but if I were you I'd at least go get checked out. Otherwise people are going to ride you about it and you'll be on the run from it forever. Stand up and face your fears... that's the only way I know of to get past them. If you resist... it's just going to mean more trouble in the future.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private

This is a delusion. Tell your therapist about this immediately!

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I did and she referred me to the clinic... I don't want to go.
Go anyway!

All of us have things that we don't want to do... but we do anyway, because we have to!
Learning to recognize these things, and getting them done even though you don't like them, is one of the crucial parts of growing up.

Y

Yumi

*cringes* I suppose... But there's no point in going if there's nothing wrong.
You know what I mean? Besides I'm too scared to go. It's a death trap.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur

After that...I can only say...I don't think you're a paranoid schizophrenic...I just think you're :cursing: NUTS!

Makes me sorry I was so nice in my first post. *sighs*

Role
Private
Why don't you want to go to this clinic? Because there may be nothing wrong? I can't tell you the number of times I've gone to the doctor feeling silly because "it's just a little pain" or something similar, and it was actually something fairly major. One time I went to the doctor after feeling pain in a body part for five hours...and was immediately sent to the hospital. I still thought it really could be something minor and was feeling quite silly until one of the doctors came over and told me what was about to happen. What I had needed to be treated within six hours of when it occurred, and I got to the hospital at about 5 hours and 30 minutes afterwards. My amount of pain tolerance thought that losing a major limb to cell death was just "minor pain" and would go away.

As for being scared to go...why? Because someone might try to kill you there? Let me put it to you this way...there are two possibilities. One is that you're right. But if you're right, that would have to mean you're so very important as a person, and I can assure you you're quite ordinary. The other, which I do believe, is that you're having major paranoid delusions and delusions of grandeur. You believe that: your family wants to hurt you, your doctors want to hurt you, a group of unknown people want to hurt you, that there is a chip in your head, that you will end the world (Christ/AntiChrist figure), that you hear voices, and that you need to kill someone eventually. You seriously need to get help, and to be open minded about the fact that no matter how real this all seems to you, it could be nothing more than something made up in your mind. I'd also like to point out that you are being asked to seek treatment voluntarily. I don't know how cases such as these are handled, but I do know that if it gets to the point where someone may either cause serious harm to themselves or others, you will likely not have a choice in getting treatment, so I would encourage you to be proactive about this before that happens.

Seriously. While Ayanna was fairly harsh about it, it's pretty clear to me that all of this is just in your head. If you were in college on my floor, I would be trying to convince you in person that you needed to seek mental health treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.