Status
Not open for further replies.

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
ADISC could be a bit better if someone's reputation points were displayed in, say, their statistics tab

People will probably try to dismiss this suggestion for "it will make people judge each other more often". I can understand that, but that's something the admins had to consider when they brought the exact number of rep points back to regular posts.

The reason for suggesting this is because userpages are relatively empty. I would love to be able to see more information about users, more fields to fill in and customize. But the biggest discomfort I've felt so far is having to press "Find all posts by x" just to find out how many rep they have.

I am aware what the little box in the top right corner is for, actually "x is an unknown quantity at this point". It's rather vague, do you not think? Perhaps that could be used to display the amount of rep points, instead.

Discuss, go!

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I don't know how useful this feature would be. But on a side note, why are there so many topics about rep specifically? Why is there such emphasis on it?

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
I don't know how useful this feature would be. But on a side note, why are there so many topics about rep specifically? Why is there such emphasis on it?

Because having a reputation is in our instincts. There can only be one "alpha male", after all. That's why some get really angry whenever they get a negative reputation point

On second thought, the suggestion was pretty stupid now you've worded it that way. But I'll keep the discussion open anyway

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I think it would be a good feature to have it in people's profiles. It annoys me as well to have to go find a person's post just to see how much rep they have.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
It wasn't a stupid suggestion.

It simply wasn't a necessary suggestion, there's a difference.

I support this, because it would be more convenient for me and probably a number of other members as well. If I'm curious about a person's rep, it's annoying to have to go through the search engine to find a post of there's. Rep is part of a persons' statistics, right? Why shouldn't it be on there, if only to be more convenient / user friendly?

~~~

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't to happen either. It'd just be a matter of, "Does it matter so much if I don't do it? Would it make things even slightly easier if I did?"

Since the answer to these would be no and yes respectively, it's really just, "Do I feel like doing this if I have time?"

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Rep matters, to lots of us. It can be taken too seriously of course, to the exclusion of the other - and more important - aspects of a personality. But that is up to each individual and can not be legislated. Rep (total, rep/post, rep/length of membership, and other stats) are useful as briefly stated summaries about a person, useful in particular to new members to determine whose posts are worth emulating, a rough guide to whose advice should get more weight, and which members are most devoted to the site.

In the past some have decried rep-chasing. I happen to think rep-chasing is good overall: if it means a concerted attempt to produce good posts, to be helpful, informative, anti-dramatic (in the bad sense of "drama") and so forth. Rep is a tool to further the social aims of the site.

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Yeah, the icon in the top right corner of your profile now shows the amount of rep

Thanks goes to whoever made the effort to change that line of code

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

The internet is serious business. If you get the most rep, you win. if you are a winner, you get real world pussy. If you get enough, you'll get so much pussy that when you whip out your dick, the whole room smells like a pussy. In my correct opinion, there aren't enough threads on it, since it's such a serious topic.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Because you can either be a VIP or moderated with it. It controls status. Most people like good status.

Status
Not open for further replies.