Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Yea, I been seen this around on users with more then 10 rep and just wondering what the deal with it. My guess is that it a new way to keep people from fighting/complain about rep or something.

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I believe it's so rep isn't given to people just so they have more rep (Such as giving Mandi more rep)

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Probably something to do with the new user groups.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Sweet, I got the max then. :smile1:

Anyways time for me to cause some drama with a wacky conspiracy theory lol. (Joking about causing drama though.)

I think its so that someone who has higher rep then another person can say Why is he/she VIP but I got ___ amount of rep more and I am not VIP.

Edit: Nevermind we can still see the real amount of rep anyway, at least by going to the main menu and looking at who has the most rep, Mandi has a whopping 106! ::Crys::

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree this is a new change.....

not saying I disagree... because now i might have 20 rep or just 10.... WHO KNOWS!!!!!! its magic!!!!!111one!1111!!! Xp

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I agree this is a new change.....

not saying I disagree... because now i might have 20 rep or just 10.... WHO KNOWS!!!!!! its magic!!!!!111one!1111!!! Xp
It still says what you have in your User CP :3

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Now that 10+ rep (alone) doesn't give you VIP status, what exactly is the significance of having 10+ rep?

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Probably something to do with the new user groups.
I just came up with this idea a couple minutes ago. Maybe the new user group well be one for regular with 10+ and another for VIP with 10+

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Ryan: No. 10 rep is one of the requirements.

F

FullMetal

Can an Admin, not a mod, please give a detailed Post on what the hell is going on, this is so confusing. I hate when things just happen out of the blue and nothing is explained.

FullMetal

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Can an Admin, not a mod, please give a detailed Post on what the hell is going on, this is so confusing. I hate when things just happen out of the blue and nothing is explained.

FullMetal
This is part of a series of more changes that will be implemented over the next days. Some need more time to be implemented, and Moo has to start somewhere.
An explanation will come when most changes have been implemented and Moo can give everyone the 'big picture'.

Peachy

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yay I get to be the first person to post on this thread who doesn't have infy rep! I noticed the change and assumed that it was to reduce rep drama. Makes alot of sense and I welcome the change cause rep/post count drama is retarded.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I must say that I'm not a fan of this change at all.

Firstly, I don't see a point.
Secondly, I like to see exactly *how* many reputation points people have.
Thirdly, if this was introduced because people were "envious" of another's reputation, it has no point. Sorry folks, but it's just not a valid argument. "Reputation" is not something to be "envious" of, like a lot of things, its earned not given.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I love this changed, and have suggested something similar a few times. :D

I'm sure Moo has more to change, but I like the direction it's heading.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am still waiting to see whats the hidden stuff to become VIP. I pretty much confirmed its not a automatic system considering I looked at more then a few members and I made as many posts as they have, have more rep, made more wiki edits, blog posts, photo gallery uploads etc.

Maybe the final thing is you need the grammar of a Harvard grad student. Since I know mine sucks sometimes. <_>

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Eh, I don't know what the big deal is. I think this is a move in a positive direction. You can still see full rep counts in the User CP and members list (that could change still...), and this helps level the playing field a bit. What's more, when Moo wants us to know what this is about and what the new changes mean, I'm sure he will. He can run the site, and we'll all keep contributing to it. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I will wait and see what comes with time before I pass judgement.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I've said that I don't like this before and I'll say it again. I don't like it. Why?

Firstly, it kind of defeats the whole point of the reputation system - to see who's trustworthy or not. Like a lot of things, no matter how much you tweak it or make changes to it, the reputation system will never be bulletproof.

Secondly, it defeats any sort of motivation to earn more than 10 reputation points, because that's where the counter stops! You can't see people's real achievements, and I think this will be a big upset to a lot of people. So what if someone with -6 reputation points chucks a tantrum about not being a VIP? Let them cry.

A few people seem to forget that reputation (here or in the real world) has to be earned. It can't be bought and it's sure as hell not a given.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I'd like it if it didn't end with 10+, for reasons of motivation.

This idea crossed my mind ages ago, and I thought that maybe a 10+, 20+, 30+ etc. thing could be good. Or maybe have less intervals; 10+, 40+, 70+, 100+ ? That way who is trustworthy is obvious, but people don't get caught up on the number, and people obsess less.

Status
Not open for further replies.