rep to moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know this is just, like a big red flag, but can mods remove their own neg reputation? I would never hand it out; I was just curious.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I would never hand it out.
You can give negative reputation to moderators if you feel it's justified, just as you would any other member. The reputation system is intended for everyone, including moderators, if that wasn't the case we wouldn't have any reputation points at all. It would be hypocritical if we only accepted positive reputation and deleted negative especially if deserved at will.

Besides Moo consistently checks all reputation given.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You can give negative reputation to moderators if you feel it's justified, just as you would any other member.

i know, i just wanted to let any of them know that it was never me; ; hehe so they wouldn't dislike me or anything DUH :p

F

FullMetal

No. The only person who can remove reputation is Moo. But...do you not trust us that much... :[

FullMetal

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I know this is just, like a big red flag, but can mods remove their own neg reputation? I would never hand it out; I was just curious.
The only difference between mods and non-mods in general with regards to the reputation system is that mods can give/take more points for a single post. If I recall correctly, chat mods can give/take up to two points, forum mods can give/take up to 3 points, and I can give/take up to four points per scoring. This, however, fluctuates a lot with time. Awhile ago, some members could give/take up to 4 points per scoring, and mods have only gained higher reputation power relatively recently (within the last two weeks). Prior to that they basically followed the same rules as everyone else, and their scorings could count for a maximum of one point.

Mods do not have the ability to see who gave them rep, or to delete any of the rep they have got. Only I have those abilities, and I use them once per month to do a review of all rep given in the previous month. During this review, I delete the unjustified rep that people have given each other (both positive and negative). Sometimes, when people post a POLITE request in the requests forum with all the relevant details, I might review a specific bit of negative rep that they have got.
While doing the monthly rep review, I don't even notice the name of who gave or got the reputation. I usually go solely on the reason provided, and, when the reason is unclear, the text of the post the rep was given to. I don't remember ever deleting any reputation that was directed at me personally, but frankly I wouldn't have noticed if I did, because 90% of the reputation I delete, I delete based on the reason that was provided with it, without even looking at who it was given to.

In addition... some reputation scorings fail the built-in validity checks performed by the system and are deleted automatically.

So yes, some reputation gets deleted... but it is deleted based on merit. Moderators can't delete rep at all, and when I delete rep, I usually do so without looking at who it has been given to.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
No. The only person who can remove reputation is Moo. But...do you not trust us that much... :[

FullMetal
OH it's not that ; ; I SOWWY

that clears up my question, thanks a lot!

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Generally, moderators must not let their personal opinion of someone interfere with their duties. It may be difficult at times, but if you are unable to separate between obvious facts and your personal opinion about a person, a moderator position is not for you. THat said, if moderators receive negative reputation, they should not remove it (aside from the fact that they can't on ADISC anyway). Ideally, they would ask another moderator to review their rep, or just accept it.

So please don't feel that criticizing a moderator or giving them negative reputation will in any way effect the way we treat you. In fact, constructive criticism is more than welcome - how would we find out what we're doing wrong if no one tells us about it and just leaves?

Peachy

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I haven't ever given a mod a negrep, though on one or two rare occasions (in the couple of years I have been with TBDL/ADISC) I have come close. On these occasions I contacted the party concerned and explained why I was upset, and they explained their point of view, and the situation was resolved to our mutual satisfaction. This is my preferred approach with all members; I would rather see the reason for a negrep eliminated than just give out red cards.

I agree that only Moo can remove rep; this avoids conflict of interest. It also helps to preclude the appearance of "bad mods" - and strengthens the trust we have in our mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.