Rep post bg color

Would you personally choose to have neg-repped posts show in pink, and pos-repped posts in green?

• Yes

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Since recently repped posts get a corresponding background color, is it possible to change the color slightly for the dark theme as it reads kind of hard. If not don't worry but it would be nice if that were possible.

Role
Diaper Lover
Thats why I use the default theme, I like spotting worthless negative rep thrown all over the place so I can post about it and then get reprimanded for that.

Couldn't it be a CP option so you could turn it off martin?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
I think you're thinking about the "hide negrepped posts" thing. I'm talking about the green and red background posts get when they get positive or negative rep. It's too light to easily be able to read the (near) white letters the dark theme has.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yea. I find it some what annoying. Is it possable to have a switch for it too?

Role
Diaper Lover
No I meant there should be a switch to disable the highlighting effect.

Which, unless I am as stupid as I appear, is what you meant, I believe.

X

xdeadx

Eh... I also was wondering if we could bring back that neon green you rep color you get if you have 10+ it was alot brighter then the one that is used now, and the color doesn't even change at all now

F

FullMetal

I honestly do not like it. And that is not because I do not like the reputation system. It is just that, I always used to hear on TBDL (from mooand such) that Reputation was just a sidenote, but there is no telling me that it still is. Something can not be 'just a sidenote' if it is paraded in front of you in big bold font. I would be fine if someone just admitted that reputation has become a huge part of our community, but it seems that no one will, so let me. Well, I guess I did...

Thats all I have to say, I love the system but its consuming too much of ADISC.

FullMetal

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I preferred it the other way with just the +# or -#...The colored background thing just screams that you need to read it...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Added a poll. Please vote according to if you would use this feature or not.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
It's neat, but unreadable in the dark theme so I voted no.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I like the idea, but the colors don't show up right on the dark theme.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I voted yes, because like I said before I think it's nifty. :) Looks like I'm the minority, though.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I voted yes! But then again I do rather like colour!

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Voted no, very hard to see(as stated) on the dark background.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I see it as a little over the top. I think the little graphic at the top of the post with the rep count is plenty. Thus, I voted no. On the other hand, I don't particularly care.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I don't like it, and like others have said here, prefer it with just the +1 / -1 in the top corner. It's just too hard to read with the background bright green or pink (yes, it looks pink :p).. Especially with the dark vb theme, since the default text colour is grey (and grey on pink/green is what you see on those 'top 10 worst websites' that used to be posted on digg all the time..)

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I think that it is like a you must read now sign, and not a good thing. It is also kind of bad, because the colors are hard to read though. I do like the corner saying if there is rep. It also kind of annoys me, because it makes this sites rep too much of a big deal. I know many people like it, and for that reason though i voted no, you should consider making it a option that is off as default. That would make both groups happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.