• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Rep in the Galleries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Just wondered, I think it would be nice if there was a rep option in the Gallery.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Nice idea, but maybe redundant. If a pic is inappropriate, just report it. Neg repping won't do anything to delete it.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I am against it as I can not see any real use for it. As Footed PJ Says, there is a report button for images that break the rules.

There is no image I feel should get any +ve or -Ve rep. Majority of the pictures are usually random and don't really contribute to the whole supporting factor of this site. So the rep system will have no use otherwise.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
But it could be for comments, too, instead of the pictures alone.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
No... Galleries, or whatever people say in them, does not contribute in the website in any way.

And it would lead to reputation abuse.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I agree with DarkSunDS.

Zodiac Pup: You can already vote pictures on a scale of 1-10, and that I think is plenty.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The only time I could see rep in the galleries, is for the comments...But the majority of comments are just along the lines of "Nice pic", "you're cute", "what is that?"...Nothing really reputable...

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think there would be a lot of useless rep.

"Thanks your cute too"
"your ugly"
"wowwwwwww cant believe you called me that"
"your pic disgusts me"
"your so hot"
"i love you your so cute"

Who gives rep for that?
And IIRC rep on blogs was brought up, and it was basically concluded that if you found a blog REALLY deserved a rep, then find a post by that person and use that to rep them. If something in the gallery REALLY deserves rep, then use the same method. Find a post and rep them there for it.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Mandi's right - people would mostly use it to rate the person in the picture, not the picture itself. Posting a boring picture of some hot-looking person would get you positive rep, posting an artistic shot of an ugly person most likely not. I don't think we want reputation to become a beauty contest!

Peachy

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Meh- what I originally meant was for the comments, like if some one was harassing you, you could report and neg-rep, just like in the forums. I thought it might be something to discourage unwanted comments like, "hiya, sweetass" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.