Rep For Really Cool/Original Thread Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I remember when the "Thread Games" forum was created a couple rules were: posts don't count towards your total, and reps (positive or negative) weren't supposed to be given to posts on the forum. If that is correct, could we perhaps relax the the rep part a little? Not suggesting to rep participants in the games, but to perhaps rep the game originator when they come up with a really cool, original game. Some that have been started are pretty interesting, get you to think, or are simply a lot of fun. Thought perhaps originators could get a deserved a rep point for coming up with a unique, fun thread game to play. Any thoughts pro or con? Am I missing a good reason for not repping originators?:dunno:

~Pramrider

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Personally, I'm against it.

Most thread games are probably just copied from other sites, so the originator would get credit for simply copying and pasting, and not for being creative.
Plus the thread games don't really add anything of value to the site - it's just a way to kill time, and in my opinion, reputation is for making this site better or for being helpful. Since there are a billion other places to kill time on the internet, adding another opportunity to this site does not make it better.

Peachy

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy

Most thread games are probably just copied from other sites, so the originator would get credit for simply copying and pasting, and not for being creative.
Plus the thread games don't really add anything of value to the site - it's just a way to kill time, and in my opinion, reputation is for making this site better or for being helpful. Since there are a billion other places to kill time on the internet, adding another opportunity to this site does not make it better.

Peachy
Agrees with peachy.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Peachy
Agrees with peachy.
Agreed.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Sounds like good enough reasons to me! Thanks on the input. Maybe if my brain wasn't so fried from working 70+ hours this week I would have come to the same conclusion.

~Pramrider

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Agreed with Peachy, like everyone else, lol. It's not really fair to give someone rep for a thread they didn't create. Actually, I think I've been into that forum only a few times, I don't post there. I would rather give out rep for a post that was well thought out, and added some value to the site, and not just a thread that was copied and added just because.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
History:
If I recall correctly, it was Kradien who made a thread saying "lighten up" on giving negative rep in the thread games forum, and I think that was after someone complained about getting negative rep for something they posted...
So I think the rule was mainly aimed giving at negative reputation, not so much positive. And it wasn't a strict rule, clearly sometimes neg-rep is acceptable in the thread games forum.

What I think:
If I made a game that I felt was worth receiving good rep for, I wouldn't post it in the thread games forum! The only "games" that I like are things like FullMetal's "lets get personal" thread and Marty's thread with the PMing (can't remember it's title!) and Peachy's survey (which I think I recall him saying at the start of the thread something like "I've not posted this in the thread games forum because I actually want people to put effort into a reply").
The point is: The only good games (IMO) or ones that aren't in the thread games forum.

Posts in the thread games forum aren't even POST worthy, so I can't see them being (positive) REP worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.