• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
At -6 Rep, I doubt you'll get access to those features any time soon.

This was definitely an inappropriate way to go about it. I guess it shows you are more interested in buying respect than earning it, and respect is something we don't sell here.

Please take your business elsewhere.
Spamming to get your post count up is definately not the best way to be able to see threads.

But you see what this system is doing to potentially good members.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Spamming to get your post count up is definately not the best way to be able to see threads.

But you see what this system is doing to potentially good members.
Her problem wasn't losing access, it was getting it in the first place. I think you'll want to find a different poster-person to act as a focus for the injustice of the current system. This wasn't a reasoned disagreement or even a principled protest, it was just a tantrum on a message board, and not the kind of thing that makes me think we should be changing our approach to granting initial access.

G

gamebaby

i like it but if you are gowing to be gone you should be able to put somthing up to stop you from demoting. thats all that bugs me.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I agree with your suggestion, gamebaby. Like an "away status" or something. Someone mentioned in IRC that something like that was available but I couldn't find it in the user CP.

Edit: for clarification I don't agree with keeping the demotion system, just that if we have to keep it then an "away status" would be nice.

--Danny :ninja:

Last edited:

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I think from the sounds of things everone is fine with the idea of there being rules. so it is not that we all want them taken away, the point is that we want them looked at again. It has been said that it is not realy the name that you put with it, but the removal of privaliges when one is away. As said, what if a health issue has come up, or you only have a limited time ever so many days online. I personaly would want to spend that little bit of time making the most of it, not having to worry about how many post I have to get to fill a standard, or how long I have to wait for it to update.

Ok if I were a way for more then a month one can understand, but once again, leave the abilities for a bit longer. Make a sub group, inactive, away, member, what ever.

We do not want all havic and anyone able to do what ever, but do not go from giving a full head to full a war between people because they are being punished. And to a degree Punishment is in the eye of the Beholder. If a member feels punished, then that is how they feel. This is not a place of punishment, it is a place of understanding, and friendship.

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What Teresa just did did point out one of the fallibilities of the current system - if people need to post to reach or retain their status but have nothing to say, you're going to get more pointless posts. Even if most of them are not quite as blatant as we've just seen.

I'm only a newbie here but to me the whole business of rep and status and whatnot is taken entirely too seriously. Just let people post - on a level footing - and people will judge each other by the quality of their posts without the need for numbers or titles. It all seems slightly oppressive and not particularly conducive to an easy atmosphere and just getting on with having fun and interesting conversations.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hasn't all of this been discussed before?

Can we just have a whole new thread directory called "Beating a ****ing Dead Horse"?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Her problem wasn't losing access, it was getting it in the first place.
Precisely my point.

I don't know about any of y'all... but if I had found this place at a time where I was required to make 20 "quality" posts before I could start a thread or view half of the boards I would have never even bothered.

We may be the best AB/DL forum on the 'net... but we sure as shyte ain't the only one. There are other places to go. Places where you don't have to post an intro. and spend hours and hours crawling through old threads just to say what has already been said so you can share a new idea you had in your own thread.

The fact that this discussion even exists at all is a sure sign of the failure of the system. Noobies aside... there shouldn't be policy changes that cause conflict between established members.

I, for one, propose that any further major changes to site policy be put to a vote before they are implemented. Sometimes I get the feeling that this place is being run like a dictatorship. These rules were intended to "protect us" from wierdos and encourage activity... but so far they have only served to alienate good people and cause debate.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Precisely my point.

I don't know about any of y'all... but if I had found this place at a time where I was required to make 20 "quality" posts before I could start a thread or view half of the boards I would have never even bothered.

Actually, you become a Newbie when you post once, which gives you access to more places to post than Lurker does...So it's easy to have places to post while easily becoming a regular with even more access...If you no longer want to be a lurker, then just post an intro thread...Then you will go up to Newbie...And you will have more access...

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
This entire system absolutely ridiculous. The entire notion that members who have earned a certain position could have it revoked, and face demotion, over something as simple as inactivity is absurd. All the mods claim that this is done to keep members active, however, I see it as a sure-fire way to deter people who have become inactive from coming back. Why should someone have to re-earn what they already had?

Yes, yes, I know your little argument that "all you need to do is post once". Honestly, that's nonsense. Now everyone that has been demoted has to go through the tedious waiting period, or make a pointless, thoughtless, post in order to get back in.

And don't even get me started about my current situation with losing my VIP status. Not only did I get snubbed by the mods, basically all saying "too bad", but the new requirements are kept secret. It's all a messed up system. When the requirements change, those who are already in but don't meet said requirements should be grandfathered in.

</rant>

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Ok, I did it, 20 posts. be back later so I can chat with members to make new friends and talk about how much fun it is to wear diapers and plastic pants. see ya

Sounds like a fake.
Maybe they are a news reporter...and they are trying to read into our posts and then they are going back to write a story and put us all to shame.
Eh probably far-fetched but it is a thought.

This entire system absolutely ridiculous. The entire notion that members who have earned a certain position could have it revoked, and face demotion, over something as simple as inactivity is absurd. All the mods claim that this is done to keep members active, however, I see it as a sure-fire way to deter people who have become inactive from coming back. Why should someone have to re-earn what they already had?

Yes, yes, I know your little argument that "all you need to do is post once". Honestly, that's nonsense. Now everyone that has been demoted has to go through the tedious waiting period, or make a pointless, thoughtless, post in order to get back in.

And don't even get me started about my current situation with losing my VIP status. Not only did I get snubbed by the mods, basically all saying "too bad", but the new requirements are kept secret. It's all a messed up system. When the requirements change, those who are already in but don't meet said requirements should be grandfathered in.

</rant>
Yea I thought I would've had VIP quite some time ago. but after reaching what i thought was the requirements I still didn't have it. And I have searched but I can't seem to find where it tells you how many posts/reps make what.

I have been moved back up to Regular but its just so stupid that i have to post something random just to boost it back up. Seems like a waste of time to me.

When I noticed that my status had went down and my mailbox had restrictions, I pretty much was thinking "well, fukk this place". It made me just want to get out of it all together and keep my personal experiences or thoughts to myself on the subject and let all of the "but you were inactive you need to be demoted" thinking people to their narrow-minded selves where they sit day in and day out with their ass firmly planted in the computer chair reading the threads like it's life or death.
I think it may be less on inactive people on more on these people that spend WAY TOO much time on here.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Actually, you become a Newbie when you post once, which gives you access to more places to post than Lurker does...So it's easy to have places to post while easily becoming a regular with even more access...If you no longer want to be a lurker, then just post an intro thread...Then you will go up to Newbie...And you will have more access...
I don't even think that's true. A newbie and a lurker I think have almost the same access. Only when you haven't made any posted before you're in a different group that's "Newly joined" in which you can only make a new thread in the greetings forum.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't even think that's true. A newbie and a lurker I think have almost the same access. Only when you haven't made any posted before you're in a different group that's "Newly joined" in which you can only make a new thread in the greetings forum.

Well I'm just basing this on Teresea being able to post on quitea few forums, and yesterday Andysetra complained of not being able to post on pretty much any board except for the intro one when he became a lurker from not posting in a while

123street

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The system is stupid, frankly.
I refuse to believe that every single person that is a member here can come on this website every so often to post for the rest of time, just so they can keep their allready-earned trust and status the same. The system punishes those who cannot do this, and it does not give out a nice welcome when you return from tough family times etc as I have and be branded a "lurker". I may be new here, but I feel that I am not seen as a pedo or whatever on this site, and it annoys me when I come back to find this.

I think we should have some sort of status system, but you should not be "demoted".

I have 2 suggestions:
1, Have lots of status', but make them much harder to reach.

or

2, Have a simple avatar posting your number of posts. ie: when you reach 100 posts, you get a little avatar that says so, when you reach 500 posts, you get a new one, with "500 posts" written on it. This will also give people something to aim for, thus generating posts. (I think you should be allowed you'r own avatar aswell though)

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role

WHAT?!?!?! I was lower than NEWBIE?!?!?!?
OH MY EFFIN GOD!

-------------------------------
And just to note something: My favorite color is green but when my beautiful green name was reduced to a blue. I WAS PISSED.

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Look at the 123Street person who posted above me. He has 31 posts, and 3 threads here at ADISC, and he's demoted to a lurker? Is this how we treat people who have a decent post-count and obviously comes here frequently enough to have started three threads?!?

Like he said, this whole ranking system is STUPID!

And one more time for good measure...

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Look at the 123Street person who posted above me. He has 31 posts, and 3 threads here at ADISC, and he's demoted to a lurker? Is this how we treat people who have a decent post-count and obviously comes here frequently enough to have started three threads?!?

Like he said, this whole ranking system is STUPID!

Heh I hate making threads...123street is doing better than I am. and yet he's still a lurker. I'm sorry there is loopholes in the system 123street. :sad:

Actually that was aimed at Teresa before her post was removed...
I wasn't yelling at you Pojo. sorry if it sounded that way.
I'm glad you actually informed me that I was lower than Newbie... now I'm pretty pissed..but not at you at the system and the people who created it.

Last edited:
Role
Private
Oh look! Drama. Hi drama.

Anyways, it doesn't bother me that much. Every week I find myself back to lurker or whatever its called now, I see a good topic that I can make a good post on, and I do that.

I think the system is good for those who do some spammy post once or twice right when they sign up to try to get access, and then demotes them for not being an active member. I do think it should be tweaked a little, namely, either it should reward those who are more active in some way, or there should be a longer cutoff date than one week. 3 to 4 weeks is a better timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.