• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Okay... this is being discussed in another thread... but I want to tally people's opinions on it.

If you want the lovely activity system and all its wonderful demotions and restrictions removed... please post up and vote here.

If you like the activity system and think it should stay please show your opinion as well.

Thanks!

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
It should stay, for reasons I've already disputed in the 'other thread'.

The few members that are complaining just don't seem to understand the system.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I quite like how it was ages ago, when people had to disappear for a month or so, and then got moved into an 'inactive user' group.

Basically I think:
-People shouldn't get "demoted", they should just get moved to a different group (inactive), not a previous user group (lurker).
-People shouldn't lose the ability to view the member only forum and send PMs and the other things... They've already gained trust, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to that stuff. Further, if I was to be absent from ADISC for an extended period of time, the VERY FIRST thing I would do when I signed in again would be to reply to any PMs I had got, BEFORE I thought about posting anything.
- The whole system should be more huggy. When you get demoted, it shouldn't say "[Stuff] you have been inactive, you need to post.". It should say: "*Hug*! Welcome back! Because you've been away for a little while, you need to make a post to move out of the inactive user group :)".
See? More huggy! :D
People are currently finding it a bit cold, and are almost insulted by being moved to lurker.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It can stay or go. After thinking it over, I don't really care. I'll stay away from here a week or 2, or a month and come back and post a bit. Kind of pointless posting here I think with my rep. I still think it's unfair on the others here who *don't* do anything wrong though...

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Personally I think that the forum hasn't been the same since the "crash". I think we came back and had to start all over and it just seems like so much more emphasis is put on little frivolous things that bug people more than encourage them. I really wish things could go back to the other forums but now we're here to stay. I just think that this time around the forums just aren't as welcoming and friendly as it used to be. -__-

Demoting and stuff like that is doing nothing but cause tension between the user and the mods. And we all know that we don't want a mod mad at us.

-People shouldn't get "demoted", they should just get moved to a different group (inactive), not a previous user group (lurker).

- The whole system should be more huggy. When you get demoted, it shouldn't say "[Stuff] you have been inactive, you need to post.". It should say: "*Hug*! Welcome back! Because you've been away for a little while, you need to make a post to move out of the inactive user group :)".
People are currently finding it a bit cold, and are almost insulted by being moved to lurker.
As wussy as the huggy system sounds, It's way more inviting and friendly. I like the lovey dovey cuddle stuff.

The Lurker group made me feel so low... lol :sad:

Tigger's comment from the other, now closed, thread:
...I also fail to see how not coming here makes you a lurker...
Lol wouldn't being a lurker mean that you are on the forums just hiding behind the curtains.

Last edited:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I quite like how it was ages ago, when people had to disappear for a month or so, and then got moved into an 'inactive user' group.

Basically I think:
-People shouldn't lose the ability to view the member only forum and send PMs and the other things... They've already gained trust, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to that stuff. Further, if I was to be absent from ADISC for an extended period of time, the VERY FIRST thing I would do when I signed in again would be to reply to any PMs I had got, BEFORE I thought about posting anything.
The only possible objection I see to your very good suggestions are users who attain a level of status (probably no higher than Regular at this point) only for purposes of access and then intend only to lurk. I have no idea if there are a significant number of these people, but it would be the only other reason I can think of to make use of an activity system in the first place. I still can't even decide if I care.

This is not a job, it's a community. I don't post much relative to my viewing of the forums, but if even I can manage an average of a bit better than one per day, I don't see how we're going to run dry of posts if we're not threatening users with some kind of stick, regardless of how covered with nerf it might be. Anyway, my vote is for Charlie F's system.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think there should be another option...Which is to change it somehow

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Though I voted to get rid of the activity system altogether, I have to say that Charlie's ideas are probably best. It's not fair (IMHO) for a person to lose their status just because they don't post on the forum. I've been in and out in IRC and have been posting here and there on ADISC, but sometimes I just go a week or more without posting because I wouldn't have anything relevant to say that hasn't already been said. (Like I've said, nothing wrong with this really, just a big board.)

Charlie's right though. If I don't post for a week, I'm not "lurking", I'm just busy with other things or not finding anything relevant to talk about. The fact that I'm not too hot on my TBism in general lately due to so many other things going on in my life contributes to that. Plus I'm more of a "deep thinker" that preys off the topics that talk about things like moral aspects of TBism, "what happens when this hits the news", "I think my parents may have discovered me what should I do" etc. Those don't come up all that often anymore so I just don't participate quite as much as I used to. I won't go into the drama of before and after "the crash" because that's already been discussed in this topic and others and I mostly support the opinions that others have presented.

--Danny :ninja:

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I think it's irrelevant whether a user understands the system or not. Most users here are not privy to how the forums work, and not everyone posts as often as 'main group' of people.

It's not a very nice welcome when you've been gone for awhile, and was something that just set me in a bad mood the other night. To require that a user post something when they can't even search the site is ridiculous. Heck, I couldn't even reply to a thread when I came back. I had to start one in the Intro forums...talk about spam :p

I tend to come and go depending on how my life is going. I'm almost always in the IRC chat, but usually for short periods which doesn't give me enough time to go on the forums... I'm against any sort of ongoing post requirement in order to *use* the full functionality of the site.

If we want to be able to know who has been active recently, why not add it underneath the user's name? "Last post: 2 days ago" or something...

Role
Private
Though I voted to get rid of the activity system altogether, I have to say that Charlie's ideas are probably best. It's not fair (IMHO) for a person to lose their status just because they don't post on the forum. I've been in and out in IRC and have been posting here and there on ADISC, but sometimes I just go a week or more without posting because I wouldn't have anything relevant to say that hasn't already been said. (Like I've said, nothing wrong with this really, just a big board.)

Charlie's right though. If I don't post for a week, I'm not "lurking", I'm just busy with other things or not finding anything relevant to talk about. The fact that I'm not too hot on my TBism in general lately due to so many other things going on in my life contributes to that. Plus I'm more of a "deep thinker" that preys off the topics that talk about things like moral aspects of TBism, "what happens when this hits the news", "I think my parents may have discovered me what should I do" etc. Those don't come up all that often anymore so I just don't participate quite as much as I used to. I won't go into the drama of before and after "the crash" because that's already been discussed in this topic and others and I mostly support the opinions that others have presented.

Quoted, for similar sentiments.. :thumbsup:

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It should stay. I like it. It helps keep creepies away. The only thing I disapprove of is the thing about getting demoted, though it's easy to get access back, it seems odd when it happens.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Basically I think:
This is supose to be a place were we are all open and welcoming to those that feel like they need a home.... Those are also the same people that tend to have a lot going on in there lives. I know of a least one person that has said somthing about moving, this could take time, there by you lose you statis. Or like DF and Myself we lost the enternet for a week it was only because we were house sitting and he can be on at work that we are even able to stay on.

I know another person whos job keeps him at sea most of the time, and most of the trips are longer then th needed 7 days. So he can do nothing at all on this site now, being that he has one day to be on, then is out again.

I understand for new members the need to earn the right. and the need to point out the activity issue. Though like myself one can get busy. I know that starting MOnday I will not have another day off untill Aug and will be getting working double shifts. Though that dose not mean that I want do not care about the site.

Purhaps the Inactive is the way to go, but do not restrict the person after only a few days, if they are in the inactive for maybe more then a month I could see the need to contact them, but you never know.

If I would in an automobile crash, in the hospital for a few weeks, would I no longer be able to talk to the people that I feel would understand?:frown:

Teresa

Banned
Role
Private
I vote to get rid of it.

80% so far in favor of ditching it. Wow, only 5 more posts to go

Do more but make it harder? Doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry.

Is this site run by liberals? I know that liberals like to control stuff. :)

I want everybody to know that it took about 20 minutes to post 20 time to meet the silly requirements. Just thought you would like to know
Cant wait to have full access so we can start talking about fun stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I want everybody to know that it took about 20 minutes to post 20 time to meet the silly requirements. Just thought you would like to know
Cant wait to have full access so we can start talking about fun stuff
You can't have full access because you spammed the place and have -4 rep...If you had just posted real posts, with some actual thought, then you would be having more access

Teresa

Banned
Role
Private
OK, I did it!

Ok, I did it, 20 posts. be back later so I can chat with members to make new friends and talk about how much fun it is to wear diapers and plastic pants. see ya

Role
Private
At -6 Rep, I doubt you'll get access to those features any time soon.

This was definitely an inappropriate way to go about it. I guess it shows you are more interested in buying respect than earning it, and respect is something we don't sell here.

Please take your business elsewhere.

Edit: Changed rep number.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Ok, I did it, 20 posts. be back later so I can chat with members to make new friends and talk about how much fun it is to wear diapers and plastic pants. see ya
Look I have no love for the addition of the domotion system. THough spamming with pointless coments is the one reason that there are such rules. It is this sort of act that makes people have to Earn the privalige, not right to have such abilities. If you would only go through the topics you can find a few to comment legitamatly on.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Moreover Teresa, most of the real discussion goes on in the public forums. In the regular and VIP forums we talk about things that NEED to be restricted to people who have a level of trust. Most of the really great topics are in the forums that you already have access to.

@everyone else, sorry for going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.